If you’re an ambitious perfectionist who loves making things look spick and span, why not turn this passion for cleanliness into a thriving career? Starting a domestic cleaning franchise is an excellent way to invest into a sector currently experiencing high levels of consumer demand. In this article, you’ll find the details of the top domestic cleaning franchises in the UK ready for your perusal.
If you’re thinking about starting a house cleaning business, you’ll be pleased to hear that according to recent data, the cleaning industry contributes £55.5 billion to the UK economy every year [British Cleaning Council]. It’s clear from this figure alone that cleaning services are hugely in demand, and that starting your own domestic cleaning franchise could be a very profitable option.
What is a house cleaning franchise?
Before diving straight into the top franchise opportunities available in the home cleaning sector, it’s important that you have a strong grasp of what the job entails and whether it’s right for you. There are a few different types of cleaning franchise in the UK - domestic, commercial and specialist - and domestic franchises focus on cleaning jobs in houses, homes, apartments and other private residential spaces. As a franchisee with a domestic cleaning company, you’ll be:
- Communicating and negotiating with clients
- Cleaning/managing a team of cleaners (depending on the type of investment made)
- Following Health and Safety guidelines
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining and managing stock
- Managing your business (finances, operations, etc)
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest consumer trends and cleaning industry developments
>> Read more:
- 6 Reasons Why Commercial Cleaning Franchises Are Always In Demand
- Cleaning Jobs - Start Your Own Franchise
- How to Start Your Own Carpet Cleaning Business
- 4 Advantages of Running a Kitchen Cleaning Business
- How to Start Your Own Window Cleaning Business
The 8 best domestic cleaning franchises in the UK
1. Bright & Beautiful
Bright & Beautiful was formed in 2009. The network has doubled in size between now and 2016, and is proud to provide experienced, dedicated cleaning services to UK customers.
- Becoming a Bright & Beautiful franchisee: You won’t need previous experience, but you will need to be dedicated, hard-working and ambitious.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995, with a total investment cost of £19,995.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive dedicated franchise support pre and post launch, and you’ll never be alone in the field.
Cleanhome was founded in 2007, and is now one of the UK’s leading domestic cleaning businesses with over 30 franchisees.
- Becoming a Cleanhome franchisee: You don’t need experience, but you should be a passionate people person with strong listening skills and a willingness to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995, with franchise fees of £300.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll enjoy Cleanhome’s award-winning training programme and be fully equipped to thrive by the time your launch date arrives.
3. Fantastic Services
Fantastic Services is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, offering both domestic and commercial cleaning services to its diverse range of clients.
- Becoming a Fantastic Services franchisee: Master/working franchisees won’t need prior experience, but area developers will need managerial experience to draw from.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £6,500, with franchise fees of £1,500.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be offered a full programme of initial training, ongoing training, marketing and customer care support, and more.
Homeclean is a domestic cleaning agency which was first established in 1985. It started its franchising journey in 2006, and now has multiple offices across the UK.
- Becoming a Homeclean franchisee: No prior experience is needed, but you should be energetic, enthusiastic, communicative and organised.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £12,000, with a total investment cost of £18,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive a comprehensive initial training package, launch support AND ongoing support from your franchisor.
5. Kingsmaid Domestic Cleaning
Kingsmaid Domestic Cleaning is a premier UK cleaning franchise with 16 years of experience under its belt and a strong, loyal base of customers that highly rate its services.
- Becoming a Kingsmaid Domestic Cleaning franchisee: You don’t need experience, but you do need to be a strong communicator with the ability to empathise.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £10,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll spend four days at head office, two in the field and even more training online. You’ll also receive lots of set-up/launch support.
6. Nationwide Cleaners
Nationwide Cleaners is a profitable, award-winning cleaning franchise offering its franchisees flexible hours and the sought-after ability to work from home.
- Becoming a Nationwide Cleaners franchisee: No previous sales, marketing or cleaning experience is needed - just drive, dedication and a willingness to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £4,000, with a total investment cost of £7,999.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be given all the training you need. Post launch, the continued growth and success of your business will be fully supported.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
7. Daily Poppins
Daily Poppins was first established as a home cleaning service in 1997, and has grown in size and profitability substantially over the years.
- Becoming a Daily Poppins franchisee: You’ll need management and interpersonal skills, sales experience, a driving license and a vehicle-rental-friendly credit record.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £7,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll enjoy extensive training/mentoring and be provided with state-of-the-art equipment and quality marketing materials.
7. Merry Maids
Merry Maids has more than 100 franchisees across the country and prides itself on providing customers with exceptional service every time.
- Becoming a Merry Maids franchisee: You should be an entrepreneur with good business judgement, people skills and the motivation to keep growing your franchise.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £5,999.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be given hands-on training, ongoing franchisor support, supplies, equipment and computer software.
Start a domestic cleaning franchise in the UK and experience the unique freedom of running your own business
Having read this article, you should have a much stronger sense of what’s out there and what type of domestic cleaning franchise might be perfect for you. To prepare yourself even more deeply for your professional transition, stay on Point Franchise and continue your research. Discover how to make a career change with a domestic cleaning franchise that ensures your long-term success, and find out the five biggest advantages of running a domestic cleaning franchise right now.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©