If you’re a business-minded, hard-working person who’s looking to run a restaurant franchise, and you also happen to adore all things pizza and Italian food, an American Pizza Slice franchise investment might be perfect for you. This innovative franchise inspired by NYC by-the-slice pizza joints is waiting to welcome you to its UK franchise network.
It’s no secret that Brits love pizza. The UK’s pizza delivery market alone is worth over £2 billion [Statista]. If you choose to make a career change with a pizza franchise in 2022, it’ll be hard to beat the support, uniqueness and potential profitability of an American Pizza Slice franchise. Read on, and find out everything you need to know about the brand (and starting your franchising journey).
Does American Pizza Slice franchise in the UK?
Potential investors looking to enjoy a slice of the action with a pizza business will be thrilled to hear that yes, American Pizza Slice does franchise in the UK. In the words of American Pizza Slice, “We are currently looking at locations for franchises in the North West of England.” If that’s where you are (or where you’d be interested in being - relocation is always an option!), don’t hesitate to reach out directly for more info.
The history of American Pizza Slice
American Pizza Slice was established in 1998, after Liverpool based founder Paul sparked the idea of bringing the New York City “pizza by the slice” concept across the pond. Setting up shop in the central L1 region, city dwellers and tourists now had a new one stop place for their quick lunch needs, and locals across the city had a new favourite pizza delivery place.
- American Pizza Slice
As American Pizza Slice tells it above, this pizza franchise was founded in Liverpool in 1998, based on the popular by-the-slice model that had already been adopted in NYC. Founder Paul wanted to bring this innovative new way of enjoying pizza over to England, and when the shop first opened its doors in 2001, an American Pizza Slice restaurant became the first place in the country where you could enjoy pizza sold by the slice.
Ever since this time, American Pizza Slice has been innovating in the food service industry, and the company has deftly handled the challenges of COVID-19. There are three American Pizza Slice stores - two in Liverpool City Centre and one in the suburban Waterloo area of Liverpool. As a franchisee with American Pizza Slice, you could open the next location and become a part of the innovation, helping the brand to expand its UK presence and allowing more customers to enjoy the amazing taste experience of an American Pizza Slice pizzeria.
>> Read more:
- 8 Reasons Why Starting a Pizza Franchise is a Smart Business Decision
- Enjoy a slice of the action with a pizza franchise
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises: Create Your Own!
- How to Start Your Own Pizza Restaurant Franchise
- 6 Advantages of Running an Italian Pizza Franchise
- Top 5 Pizza Delivery Franchises in the UK
Start a franchise in the pizza sector with an American Pizza Slice business
If everything you’ve learned so far about American Pizza Slice has left you increasingly keen to take the plunge in terms of an investment, keep reading. The three questions answered below will provide you with all the information you need in order to make a fully informed franchise investment with American Pizza Slice...
1. How do you go about launching your own American Pizza Slice franchise?
To register interest and request a prospectus with more information, you can visit American Pizza Slice’s dedicated franchising website and fill out the contact form. Note, before you do, that as mentioned above, American Pizza Slice is aiming to launch franchises in the North West right now. Though the franchise doesn’t name any specific skills/types of experience, the following things would definitely be useful to you as the owner of a restaurant franchise:
- Management experience/food service industry experience
- Drive, self-motivation and determination to succeed
- Business acumen/financial acumen
- Leadership and people management skills
- Sales, marketing and advertising skills
2. How much do you need to invest?
American Pizza Slice’s cost of investment can be discovered by reaching out to the brand for further information. That said, the average cost of starting a franchise, as of 2018, was £42,200 [British Franchise Association], and these investment cost examples from the pizza restaurant sector should give you an idea/range to work with:
- Caprinos - In order to become a Caprinos franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £85,000, with franchise fees of £5,000, a total investment cost of £95,000 and a royalty fee charged at 3%.
- Moninna’s Ristorante & Pizzeria - In order to become a Moninna’s Ristorante & Pizzeria franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £25,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and operating and advertising fees charged at 9% and 7% respectively.
- Snappy Tomato Pizza - In order to become a Snappy Tomato Pizza franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £10,000, with franchise fees of £10,000, a total investment cost of £25,000 and an operating fee of £100/week plus 5% of the value of online sales.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
3. What do you get for your investment?
In return for an investment with American Pizza Slice, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive franchise package of initial training, ongoing training and support. For more information about the specifics of the American Pizza Slice package, you should get in touch with the brand directly and ask questions such as: Will I be supported with site selection and fit-out? Will I be supported with marketing and advertising? Find out all you can, and head into an investment with your eyes wide open, having done your due diligence.
American Pizza Slice franchise opportunities are a great way to start running your own business
Franchising with American Pizza Slice is a great way to enter the world of pizza parlour ownership, but if the brand doesn’t quite fit you, you can find a huge range of other pizza franchise investment opportunities on Point Franchise. From Mostro Pizza to Toni Loco to Bella Italia, the world of Italian food franchises is wide open - and the right fit is 100% out there, waiting for you.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©