Top 5 Pizza Delivery Franchises in the UK
Pizza is big business in the UK, especially when it comes to takeaways. Whether itís a treat on a Friday night or a hangover cure, the cheesy treats are adored all over the UK. If youíre interested in starting your own business in the sector, read on to discover the top five pizza delivery franchise opportunities in the UK.
Businesses that serve and/or deliver pizzas can be hugely profitable opportunities for investors who are interested in franchising with an established business model. The pizza industry is huge across the world, with us chomping our way through around 731 pizzas in our lifetime. Every year, £2.9 billion is spent on pizza in the UK, £1,125,000 of which goes towards takeaways alone.
Pizza delivery restaurants vary enormously in the type of pizza they offer, from thick, stuffed-crust pizzas loaded with toppings, to more authentic, thinner pizzas, often cooked in a traditional, wood-fired pizza oven. Pizza delivery franchises should match their brand image and marketing to their business priorities. With so many pizza brands in operation, there is something to suit every craving and personal taste.
>> Read more:
- Fresh Out of the Oven: The 5 Best Pizza Franchises in the UK
- Enjoy a slice of the action with a pizza franchise
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises: Create Your Own!
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises - How To Start Your Own
- Italian Pizza Franchises- What Opportunities Are Available in the UK?
- What profit can you make with a pizza business?
Top 5 pizza delivery franchises in the UK
1. Pizza Hut Delivery
Pizza Hut is, of course, one of the biggest pizza chains out there. Founded in 1958 in Wichita in the US by brothers Dan and Frank Carney, Pizza Hut arrived in the UK 15 years later in 1973. Pizza Hut Delivery offers consumers the chance to purchase and eat the chainís pizzas from the comfort of their own home.
- Becoming a Pizza Hut Delivery franchisee: Its first franchised outlet opened in 2001 and, today, there are more than 700 Pizza Hut restaurants and delivery branches across the UK, almost 350 of which are franchised. You need to be experienced in retail management to be accepted onto this franchise programme. Pizza Hut has currently stopped taking in applications, but you can keep checking its website and franchise profile for any updates.
- How much you need to invest: The initial investment is between £130,000 and £150,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return, youíll receive day-to-day support from acquisition managers, franchise business managers and business experts. Your royalty fees will contribute to marketing on a national and international scale - so this is one less thing to worry about.
2. Papa Johnís
As a leading pizza delivery chain, Papa Johnís offers thick crust pizza, dough-based snacks, drinks and desserts. Founded in the US in the 1980s, Papa Johnís expanded into the UK in 2000 and now has more than 5,000 branches across 45 countries worldwide, achieving an annual revenue that exceeds $3 billion.
- Becoming a Papa Johnís franchisee: Investors looking for a slice of the action do not need previous experience with a food franchise, as long as they are business-oriented and possess good communication skills. Click here to get started.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £100,000 and £18,500 in franchise fees will be required to get a Papa Johnís store up and running.
- What you get for your investment: New franchisees will benefit from a six-week training scheme that includes marketing support, as well as a royalty reduction programme and a free oven.
Dominoís Pizza Group plc is one the leading pizza brands in the UK. There are over 1,260 stores in six markets, and 1,100 of these are in the UK.
- Becoming a Dominoís franchisee: As long as you are honest and hard-working, share the brand philosophy and have access to the investment requirements, Dominoís encourages you to get on board. Click here to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: The investment cost isnít available on the franchising section of Dominoís website. It is, however, suggested on another website that youíll need £280,000 to get started.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll take part in a four-week Franchise Development Programme, where youíll learn all you need to know about running your pizza delivery franchise.
Fireaway puts the fast in fast food. This pizza franchise offers its customers authentic, Italian, stone-fired pizza in just three minutes. But just because theyíre served in record time doesnít mean the pizzas compromise on taste or quality. The business launched in 2011 and has since opened 17 stores in the London area. Itís set to open even more too!
- Becoming a Fireaway franchisee: Because Fireawayís current ambition is to drastically increase its UK presence, it isnít trying to make profits from its franchisees. Click here to get started.
- How much you need to invest: To become a Fireaway franchisee, you need to make a total investment of £49,000. The expected revenue after two years is an impressive £500,000.
- What you get for your investment: Fireaway will sort out marketing and supply the most talented chefs from Italy to make sure that the brandís high standards are maintained across every franchise location. So, why wait? Head to its client page here to find out more and apply.
5. NKD Pizza
NKD Pizza serves up healthy and tasty pizzas made from its signature 10-grain dough. Its business model has proved successful across the globe and itís now looking for UK franchisees to help continue its impressive growth.
- Becoming a NKD Pizza franchisee: If you want to get on board with this pizza delivery franchise, click here to register your interest.
- How much you need to invest: Youíll need to have access to a minimum investment of £180,000 to be accepted onto the franchise programme.
- What you get for your investment: You will receive full training, 24/7 support and state-of-the-art marketing tools. Also, youíll have the opportunity to become a multi-unit operator.
>> Read more:
- The 8 Best Fast Food Franchises in the UK
- The Original Fast Food: Our Top Three Sandwich Franchises
- Do You Want Fries With That? Our Top 4 Burger Franchises
- Be part of the future of fast food with a One Delivery franchise
- American Burger: How To Start Your Own American Burger Restaurant
- The Yummy Truth About Running a Fast Food Franchise
Deliver your way to success with one of those five pizza delivery franchises
There you have it, those are our top five pizza delivery franchises. We also have a variety of other fast food franchises for you to browse. Or click here to read the yummy truth about running a fast food franchise.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
If youíre passionate about cars and are considering a new business venture, you [...]Article published on 06/05/2020 13:30
More and more parents are turning to private tutors to help their children improve [...]Article published on 30/04/2020 17:33
Tea has long been a grocery essential here in the UK Ė in fact, our national stereotype [...]Article published on 27/04/2020 14:30
When times get tough, your franchisees will be relying on you to guide them through [...]Article published on 25/05/2020 08:00
ARTICLES FOR FRANCHISORS