Cleaning the grease and grime from an oven is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. Up and down the UK, oven cleaning franchises are making a healthy profit tackling this tricky job with specialist products and equipment. Let’s find out how you can get in on the action.
There are over 27 million households in the UK, and it’s a safe bet that pretty much every single one has an oven. This is a huge potential customer base for oven cleaning franchises, and while not everyone will pay for someone to clean their oven for them, plenty will.
If you’re joining this industry, you can promote your business as a solution to consumers’ cleaning problems. Tackling a dirty oven isn’t always a straightforward job, so if you have specialist knowledge and equipment, there’s potential for you to see a healthy income. Keep reading to find out more benefits of joining an oven cleaning franchise.
Why start an oven cleaning franchise business?
As we’ve already mentioned, there are millions of ovens across the UK in need of a regular clean. This task is often difficult and time-consuming, so many people choose to outsource it and hire a specialist oven cleaner.
- Landlords who let property often rely on the services of oven cleaning businesses. At the end of tenancies, when renters move out, ovens are usually left filthy and in need of a thorough clean. Many landlords opt to save time and effort by enlisting the help of a professional cleaning service, who have expert knowledge and are able to complete the job to a high standard.
- You can boost your income by setting up in London, as the capital is home to a high proportion of renters. In fact, PwC claims that by 2025, 60 percent of London’s residents will be renting their home, while just 40 percent own property. This gives oven cleaning service businesses based in London an opportunity to cash in.
- Starting up an oven cleaning business should be a relatively inexpensive venture. You won’t need to rent a business premises or retail space; simply turn up to your customers’ properties in your van. You will need to invest in the appropriate tools and equipment for the job, but van-based franchises often provide these when you join the business.
- You can impress customers with your quick work. Let’s face it; cleaning an oven can take hours. Stubborn grease and grime can be difficult and fiddly to clean completely. But not only can professional oven cleaners make ovens look as good as new, they can complete the job in record time too.
- As an oven cleaning expert, you’ll know how to do the job efficiently. You may remove the door and should know how to clean around the fan at the back – a tricky task. You’ll also have specialist products, saving you from inhaling gases from toxic substances when you attempt the job yourself. All these factors will make you attractive to potential customers.
- You’ll get the job done. Many homeowners opt to organise an oven cleaning appointment so they don’t end up putting off the task for weeks or even months.
>> Read more:
Oven cleaning franchises
There is a variety of oven cleaning franchises on the market. Take a look at the ones below to compare their investment criteria and see whether the business model suits you.
Ovenclean is the UK’s original oven cleaning specialist, founded in 1992. It’s looking out for investors who are passionate about delivering great customer service, as the franchise gets much of its business from word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Becoming an Ovenclean franchisee: In the initial stages, you'll be set up with one van and one dedicated territory. But if you have the ambition to grow your business, you can expand into a multi-van operation. You don’t need any oven cleaning or business ownership experience, and the business model is simple to learn, straightforward to manage and flexible enough to grow when you’re ready.
- How much you need to invest: The franchise costs £14,995. With low overheads, you’ll have a good chance at high profitability, which means your earning potential will be impressive.
- What you get for your investment: One of the biggest plus points when it comes to investing in Ovenclean is its national promotional campaign – it’s currently the only oven cleaning brand to advertise on television. You’ll also get the flexibility to choose the hours you work and benefit from unlimited earnings.
2. Oven Wizards
The Oven Wizards franchise is the fastest growing oven cleaning franchise in the UK. This van-based business opportunity focusses on providing exceptional customer service so that you can run a successful and profitable franchise.
- Becoming an Oven Wizards franchisee: You don’t need any previous experience to become an Oven Wizards franchisee, but a good attitude and the desire to run a successful business are a must.
- How much you need to invest: The initial franchise fee is £12,500. Once you’re up and running, the only ongoing payment that you’ll make is a fixed monthly management fee of £240. There are no hidden charges or royalty fees, so the more effort you put in, the more profit you make.
- What you get for your investment: Oven Wizards boasts that its franchise package offers great value for money compared to others in the sector. When you join Oven Wizards, you’ll get access to a comprehensive technical training course and one-to-one business development coaching. You’ll also have flexible working hours, a large territory with at least 100,000 households and the opportunity to grow to a multi-van operation in the future.
If you’re ready to join over 20 other Ovengleamers franchisees across the country, now is a great time to make your move.
- Becoming an Ovengleamers franchisee: If you have dedication, a great work ethic and the ability to take on the physical role of oven cleaning, Ovengleamers could be the ideal opportunity for you.
- How much you need to invest: To become a franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £10,000. You’ll also need to pay an £18,000 deposit for your van, which will be crucial to the success of your business.
- What you get for your investment: Once your fee is paid, you’ll receive benefits including a two-week training course with classroom-based and practical, on-the-road learning. You’ll also be given a fully branded Mercedes Citan van with all the equipment you need, including a unique oven-cleaning dip tank. All Ovengleamers franchisees use eco-friendly products and get a personalised website and social media accounts. And the franchise is so confident in its business model, you’ll even have an income guarantee of £6,000 for your first six months.
Ovenu has an extensive network of over 100 highly trained oven cleaning franchisees all over the UK. The brand has been so successful since its launch in 1994 that it has expanded into countries including France, Spain, Australia and the US.
- Becoming an Ovenu franchisee: When you join Ovenu, you’ll need to purchase your own van and choose between the business’s two available franchise packages.
- How much you need to invest: The standard franchise package costs £15,900 and comes with a large, exclusive territory from day one. If you have a smaller budget, the Easy Reach Franchise package might be for you. It costs £9,950.
- What you get for your investment: Regardless of your chosen package, you’ll receive a five-day induction course, all the tools and equipment you’ll need and enough products to last for the first three months of trading. You’ll also get full branding for your van, branded workwear, a personalised website and an exclusive territory. National marketing campaigns will help you develop a customer base.
>> Read more:
- Secure Your Future with a SafeClean Franchise
- 7 Advantages of Opening a Commercial Cleaning Franchise
- Is It Your Time to Shine With a Cleaning Services Franchise?
- Professional Cleaning Services Franchise: From Rags to Riches
- Domestic Cleaner Franchises That Will Make You Sparkle
- Techclean: What's Involved in Starting a Franchise?
Joining the oven cleaning sector
Many oven cleaning franchises offer simple business models with low-investment costs and high profit potential. It’s also likely you’ll be able to adapt your working hours to suit your lifestyle and manage your business from home. All these benefits should give you the chance to develop a healthy work-life balance while seeing a good income.
You can browse our current oven cleaning franchises or take a look at the other investment opportunities in the wider services sector.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©