With many people spending more time at home, it could be the perfect time to start an oven cleaning franchise. You could take a loathed chore off people’s plates and build a commercial cleaning franchise that’s incredibly rewarding. Here are six of the biggest advantages to starting an oven cleaning franchise.
Oven cleaning regularly tops the list of the chores we hate the most. It’s often neglected for far longer than it should and sometimes forgotten about altogether. And it’s easy to see why; it’s time-consuming, fiddly and harder to get right than a simple bit of hoovering.
But if you don’t mind donning your rubber gloves and getting up close and personal with this grimy appliance, you could build a lucrative oven cleaning business. Here are five of the biggest advantages to running your own oven cleaning franchise.
Advantages of an oven cleaning franchise
1. You’ll always have a customer base - Ovens are found in every home, food-focused commercial business and even some workplaces, so there are millions of potential customers out there. Depending on the size of your territory and your ambitions, you could make a very healthy income maintaining these appliances.
Regardless of trends in other sectors, oven cleaning will always be a necessary and sought-after service for people all across the country. So you can start your business confident in the knowledge you’re not reliant on passing fads or gimmicks to generate interest in your services. You’ll be building an oven-cleaning empire for life.
2. You’re taking a hated chore off people’s hands - A survey by furniture fittings company Häfele found that 62% of people believe cleaning the oven is the worst kitchen chore. 6% even admitted to never cleaning their ovens, despite the health risks of neglecting such an important task.
If you’re advertising a service that can take a rubbish chore off people’s hands and keep their kitchen healthy and sparkling, it’s a win-win for your client base. And if you and your team prove you can do a fantastic job for a reasonable fee, you’re going to endear yourselves even more. Which leads us right into our next point…
3. You’ll get repeat customers - If you can take a dreaded task off your customers’ hands and make their oven sparkle like a gemstone, chances are they’ll call on you again and again to spruce up their appliance. You could quickly build up a solid bank of reliable clients who call on your service quarterly, giving you a reliable source of income in no time.
And if you extend your services to commercial clients, you could find yourself in demand even more often. It’s recommended that commercial ovens undergo a deep clean at least once a month, bringing more regular work your way. Even better, you’ll have diverse income streams that make sure you’re bringing in money from more than one kind of work.
>> Read more:
- Secure Your Future with a SafeClean Franchise
- 7 Advantages of Opening a Commercial Cleaning Franchise
- Is It Your Time to Shine With a Cleaning Services Franchise?
- Professional Cleaning Services Franchise: From Rags to Riches
- Domestic Cleaner Franchises That Will Make You Sparkle
- Techclean: What's Involved in Starting a Franchise?
4. It can be run from anywhere - Most oven cleaning franchises are either home or van-based franchises, so you won’t need to splash out on expensive commercial premises to get your business off the ground. Instead, you can take your equipment from client to client in your kitted-out van, before tackling any admin or new business tasks from the comfort of your sofa.
If you’ve always wanted to be your own boss but need something that’s flexible, an oven cleaning franchise could be the ideal solution. You can schedule customer appointments around commitments like the school run and coffee with a friend to give you the work/life balance you’ve always dreamed of. All while offering a service your customers will never get tired of.
5. You’ll be keeping customers safe - The average person cleans their oven just twice per year. But research suggests that ovens should be cleaned at least every three months, or whenever you have a cooking accident. Neglecting this task can cause dangerous bacteria to grow inside the oven and increase the risk of fires, particularly if you’ve had spillages of perishable food or oil-based substances.
Not only will you be able to generate a healthy income with your oven cleaning business, but you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’re also keeping customers healthy and safe. And if you’re feeling ambitious, you can build a team of dedicated oven cleaners and take your service to even more people in your local area.
6. There’s scope to expand - If you find you’ve got more customers than you can manage alone, you can easily expand your oven cleaning business by recruiting an extra pair of hands. And with a simple, low-tech concept like this, you can easily enlist and train your new staff member and get them out on the road in no time.
>> Read more:
The current state of the oven cleaning industry
The UK’s domestic cleaning market has been growing rapidly over the last few years, enjoying growth of 91% in just the past three years. As a whole, the market is estimated to be worth around £2.86 billion and it looks set to grow even more. Many adults consider themselves comfortable financially but ‘time-poor’, meaning they’re happy to pay for services such as oven cleaning if it allows them to make the most of their limited free time.
Oven cleaning franchise Ovenclean estimates that just one percent of the potential market has been tapped into by independent businesses and franchises. That means there’s plenty of scope to build a successful, profitable business in this sector, offering a service that fits flexibly around your existing commitments.
Start an oven cleaning franchise today
Like the sound of running your very own oven cleaning business? We’ve got plenty of exciting opportunities for you to choose from. Browse our top selections and you might just find the ideal franchise for you. Alternatively, you can take a look through our UK franchise directory, where you’ll find everything from beauty franchises to restaurant franchises to explore. And if you’re looking for more helpful advice, our articles contain plenty of top tips and industry insights that are handy for both franchisees and franchisors.
Sophie Cole, Point Franchise ©