If you’re wondering how to become a domestic cleaner and build a successful business in this thriving industry, look no further than a franchise investment. Running a home cleaning franchise will provide you with all of the freedom of running your own business, but you’ll also benefit from plenty of helpful expert support and training courtesy of your franchisor.
If you’d like to make a career change with a domestic cleaning franchise, this article would be a great place to start. Read on, and you’ll discover what a domestic cleaner does, how to start your own domestic cleaning franchise, and a few of the best franchise opportunities currently available to you in this expansive sub-sector of the cleaning industry – which grew a whopping 25% between 2012 and 2017 [Esure] and is still growing to this day.
>> Read more:
What does a domestic cleaner do?
Domestic cleaners work for residential clients, cleaning private spaces like homes and apartments. They’re one of the main types of cleaner operating in the UK, alongside commercial cleaners (who work in commercial spaces like offices and factories) and specialist cleaners (who work within a very specific niche like oven cleaning, for instance). Though your specific responsibilities as a franchisee with a domestic cleaning company will differ, you’ll likely complete some or all of these tasks on a regular basis:
- Communicating and negotiating with clients
- Marketing your franchise in order to attract new business
- Cleaning/managing your team of cleaners (depending on the type of franchise investment you make)
- Staying up-to-date on the latest domestic cleaning trends and developments
- Managing your franchise’s operations and finances
- Keeping your franchisor in the loop
How to become a domestic cleaner and start running a franchise
If you’d like to become a domestic cleaner, there are certain things you should do on your journey towards investing with a franchise. To ensure that you can have full confidence in the professional choice you’re making, make sure you cover these important bases and take the time to answer the following three crucial questions...
1. What skills/training does a house cleaner need?
Ask this question, research hard to find the answer for the franchise opportunities that most interest you, and then line your own skills and abilities up against the answers. Cleaners, for instance, will particularly benefit from crucial skills like time management and an eye for detail. If your skills lie elsewhere when compared to the list of preferred transferable skills that many franchise networks will provide on their profile pages, it might be a good idea to reconsider an investment. If they line up perfectly, you’ll know you’re on the right track.
2. What is the state of franchising in the domestic cleaner industry in 2021?
Given how much the world has changed since the first UK COVID lockdown in March 2020, it’s more important than ever to gain that current context before you enter an industry – especially if it’s an industry that you don’t have any prior experience of.
Once you know that you’ve got the skills to succeed as a domestic cleaner, the next step you take should be figuring out how the domestic cleaning sector is faring in 2021. (Spoiler alert: Demand is RISING, and sustainable cleaning products are 100% the name of the game heading into 2022.)
3. Which franchise opportunities best suit your professional wants, needs and abilities?
With inner understanding and industry understanding ticked off the list, it’s time to really narrow it down. It’s time to assess the pool of opportunities that interests you based on questions like: What hours will I work in this role, and do those suit my lifestyle? What will my day-to-day work look like with this network, and is that ideal to me? What does it cost to invest with this company, and does that align with my financial means? Do this, and do it thoroughly, and you’ll know you’ve worked hard to align yourself with the best possible match and increase the chances of achieving franchise success.
Franchising opportunities in the home cleaner sector
Here are just a few of the amazing domestic cleaning franchise investment opportunities waiting to be discovered. Your journey towards finding the perfect franchise fit starts right here, right now...
1. Bright & Beautiful
Bright & Beautiful is a franchise making its mark on the UK’s domestic cleaning industry. Over 60 franchisees provide countrywide (and exceptional) cleaning services to its clients.
- Becoming a Bright & Beautiful franchisee: You don’t need experience, but you will need to be business-minded and hard-working, with an eagerness to succeed.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995, with a total investment cost of £19,995.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive five days of initial training, launch support, and ongoing access to a regional business development manager.
Cleanhome is a domestic cleaning business with over 30 years of experience, offering franchisees across the UK a profitable management opportunity in the sector.
- Becoming a Cleanhome franchisee: You don’t need experience, but you should be a driven people person with passion, listening skills and a willingness to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995, with franchise fees of £300.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be provided with Cleanhome’s award-winning training programme and fully supported on an ongoing basis.
>> Read more:
3. Fantastic Services
Fantastic Services is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, offering both domestic and commercial cleaning services to its diverse range of clients.
- Becoming a Fantastic Services franchisee: Master/working franchisees won’t need prior experience, but area developers will need managerial experience to draw from.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £6,500, with franchise fees of £1,500.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be offered a full programme of initial training, ongoing training, marketing and customer care support, and more.
Start your journey towards running a successful domestic house cleaner business today
For even more information about becoming a house cleaner, discover the five biggest advantages of running a domestic cleaning franchise. To explore the wider world of cleaning, check out some of Point Franchise’s other cleaning-focused content, such as the top cleaning trends of 2021 and the top 10 cleaning franchises in the UK right now.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©