Q&A: Does Chili's Restaurant Franchise in the UK?
Many of us might not be familiar with American restaurant chain Chiliís but, due to its popularity in the US, if youíre an ambitious entrepreneur, you might consider being the individual to bring the brand to the UK. Today we ask, ĎDoes Chiliís franchise in the UKí?
Chiliís is an American restaurant chain, founded by Larry Lavine in Texas in 1975 and currently owned by Brinker International, an American multinational hospitality company. The first Chiliís restaurant opened in a converted postal station in the Vickery Meadows area of Dallas, Texas, in 1975. Since its humble beginnings, the brand has expanded to 32 different counties and it recently celebrated 20 years in Mexico.
Its business model is simple - to create a space where you can hang out with friends over a burger and a beer. As well as burgers, Chiliís focuses on ribs and fajitas, and its restaurants offer genuine Southwest spirit and a friendly atmosphere. There are currently over 1,600 Chiliís restaurants. Read on to see if you can set up the next through franchising.
>> Read more:
- Top 7 fast food franchises
- The Original Fast Food: Our Top Three Sandwich Franchises
- Do You Want Fries With That? Our Top 4 Burger Franchises
- Be part of the future of fast food with a One Delivery franchise
- American Burger: How To Start Your Own American Burger Restaurant
- The Yummy Truth About Running a Fast Food Franchise
Does Chiliís franchise in the UK?
Yes. Currently, Chiliís has established itself as a brand in the US, Canada, Colombia, Egypt, Germany, Guam, India, Indonesia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and United Arab Emirates. There arenít currently any Chiliís in the UK. However, the food franchise is actively looking for franchisees in the UK, Russia, China, Thailand and many more global locations.
Brinker International has over 150 cumulative years of international experience, 150 years of combined restaurant experience, over 25 years of international marketing experience and 11 nationalities and 10 languages spoken.
History of Chiliís restaurant
The concept was inspired by a chili cook-off in Terlingua, Texas in 1967. Young entrepreneur Larry Lavine was then inspired to create his own chili recipe and opened the first Chiliís restaurant in 1975.
Its offering of chili and burgers went down a treat with customers because of its simplicity, relaxed atmosphere and Southwest-themed dťcor. Within one year, another restaurant opened in Houston and, by 1983, there were 28 open. New items were added to the menu over time and the brand experienced rapid growth.
Starting a Chiliís franchise unit
Chiliís offers a flexible business model that adapts to almost any real estate location to be culturally relevant and profitable, all while delivering its brand promise. A standard international Chiliís restaurant is roughly 420 square meters in size and includes enough room for 170 guests.
The non-traditional restaurants offer a smaller space of approximately 300 square meters and include seating for 111 guests. Chiliís can be found on a high street or in a stand-alone building that is in close proximity to retail, residential and commercial centres, as well as non-traditional locations like upscale shopping centres, international airports and university campuses.
Becoming a Chiliís franchisee
In order to be considered as a Chili international franchisee, it is important to make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Proven hospitality experience, preferably in the food service industry
- Passion for developing a multiple restaurant development plan of at least five restaurants
- Evidence of an existing business infrastructure that can support the launch and development of the restaurant
- Local knowledge
- Business relationships
- Expertise in terms of consumer preferences, real estate, government regulations, labour and distribution
Click here to sign up.
How much you need to invest
You need to demonstrate minimum liquidity of $5 million.
What you get for your investment
- Youíll receive support with evaluating market potential and key entry points, market mapping and site selection.
- You will also get help with prototypical restaurant drawings and adapting the layout, designs and operations of the restaurant to ensure it will fit well in the local market.
- Franchisors will also advise on a finance model, leverage profitability exercises and financial forecasting to guarantee a secure and successful business model.
- The brand is also keen to train franchisees to be self-sufficient through harnessing tools like new restaurant programmes, compressive training, manager training and people succession planning.
- Chiliís promises to deliver innovative menu offerings to partners that are in line with the classic Chiliís flavour whilst being localised with the local consumer in mind. Menu support activities include menu engineering, recipe adaption, product innovation and culinary training and development.
Similar opportunities with Point Franchise
While it is possible to start your own Chiliís restaurant in the UK, we appreciate that lots of aspiring burger franchise owners wonít have a net worth this high. Therefore, weíve suggested two franchising opportunities with lower investment costs that might be more attainable.
This UK restaurant chain boasts high-quality, meaty, flavoursome burgers with a large selection of toppings to contrast the Ďsadí processed patties of other establishments. Founded in 2014, Loaded Burgers offers its customers affordable burgers in a cool setting.
- Becoming a Loaded Burgers franchisee: Those looking to join the brand must have good managerial skills and a passion for the industry. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: An investment of £150,000 will give franchisees access to the companyís franchise package.
- What you get for your investment: All franchisees are enrolled onto a training programme and support in marketing and sales.
Our top burger franchise opportunity, Rocketís, is a fast-casual burger brand that has been franchising for 27 years. It currently has a network of 51 restaurants and serves ďhamburgers, fries, hand-dipped milkshakes and buttermilk chicken; all made fresh-to-order from open-view kitchensĒ.
Rocketís has developed a business model that balances high quality with convenience. All Rocketís burgers are made with premium Irish meat that is never frozen. Whatís more, all meals are made to order and served within six minutes.
- Becoming a Rocket's franchisee: The restaurant franchise prefers investors to have previous experience in the industry, but this isnít essential. Itís more important that you believe in the brand and are business oriented.
- How much you need to invest: An initial investment of Ä200,000 to Ä600,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: Rocketís will be on hand to help when you find your perfect premises
>> Read more:
Start an American restaurant franchise
There is an undeniable American influence on our food outlets in the UK, with big-name burger chains, hot dog vans at events and doughnut shops providing American-inspired foodstuffs nationwide. If youíre keen to tap into the demand with your own lucrative business, you can read more about American burger chain franchises in the UK and American restaurant franchises by clicking on the links.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
Interested in setting up your own restaurant business? Passionate about international [...]Article published on 15/09/2020 07:40
You may have heard the word Ďturnkeyí used to describe their investment opportunity. [...]Article published on 04/09/2020 15:59
Always dreamed of starting a music franchise unit or business? In this article, [...]Article published on 27/08/2020 15:35
If you love nothing more than a good gaming session to connect with friends or [...]Article published on 25/09/2020 07:21
FOCUS ON BUSINESS SECTORS