The courier and delivery industry is on an upwards trajectory, and there are some exciting investment opportunities in the sector. Diamond Logistics has been supporting small and medium businesses with their delivery needs since 1992, and the company might well be the perfect investment for you.
First established almost 30 years ago, the courier franchise has been on a path of impressive growth ever since. In 2002, it started franchising and it hasn’t looked back. But does Diamond Logistics franchise in the UK?
Does Diamond Logistics franchise?
Yes, Diamond Logistics does franchise in the UK. The business is always excited to welcome new people to the team from its Bristol headquarters.
History of Diamond Logistics
Diamond Logistics was founded by Kate Lester, and since its inception, the courier and delivery franchise has grown extensively. It’s actually the fastest growing courier company in the UK. Since beginning its franchising journey in 2002, 30 franchises have been opened up, and with more than 1000 customers, the company made over 1,000,000 deliveries in 2020.
Ever since opening, Diamond Logistics has focused on providing its customers with a range of logistical solutions. It’s proudly the only courier franchise that offers the full-service profile, and with Diamond Logistics, customers can select between three unique services:
1. Same day deliveries.
2. Overnight and international deliveries.
3. Fulfillments (meeting the storage needs of online retail businesses with local depots).
Kate started Diamond Logistics because she wanted to support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) by meeting their delivery and storage requirements. Kate is still heavily involved in the company, and has embraced new technology in the sector in order to help the shipping logistics franchise grow. This includes the use of digital logistics platform Despatchlab, the ultimate smart solutions for booking, tracking and managing couriers, express parcels and shipments.
In 2016, Diamond Logistics was delighted to make it onto the Virgin Fast Track 100, and in 2017, the company was again thrilled to be listed as one of Financial Times Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies. Expanding from a network of locally-owned service centres to a thriving franchise operating across the country, Diamond Logistics has always focused on prioritising supportive, mutually beneficial relationships between couriers, clients, carriers and franchises.
For every new franchisee that joins Diamond Logistics, and for every delivery the company ships, a portion of the proceeds is donated to charity causes around the world. The franchise is partnered with the non-profit social enterprise B1G1. Since partnering, it has supported the provision of rainforest protection, medical care, life-saving clean water, and so much more.
Values are at the heart of the Diamond journey, it’s really important to me that we are different from many people in the logistics space. We’re very much a people-based business, we always say that our business is about people not just parcels, and as a result of that we established three key principles that guide us through what we do every single day.
—Kate Lester, Diamond Logistics Founder and CEO
These principles are:
1. The business is built on mutually beneficial partnerships and relationships.
2. Diamond Logistics should always be “a really great company to work with, trust and belong to” [Kate Lester].
3. Diamond delivers. The company always does exactly what it says on the van.
Starting a Diamond Logistics franchise unit
There couldn’t be a better time to start a courier franchise, as the impressive growth of this industry is set to continue. The sector’s market value is expected to grow by 92% between 2019 and 2024, reaching a value of £21 billion [Mintel]. Here’s what you need to know to become a Diamond Logistics franchisee...
>> Read more:
- Why You Should Start a Courier Franchise
- Five Advantages of Running a Courier Franchise
- Be part of the future of fast food with a One Delivery franchise
- How to Start Your Own Food Delivery Business
- Top 5 Pizza Delivery Franchises in the UK
- Day in the Life: What It Takes to Run Your Own DPD Franchise
Becoming a Diamond Logistics franchisee
To become a part of the delivery services team, you don’t need any previous experience in the industry. Instead, Diamond Logistics is looking for franchisees who are ambitious, self-motivated and organised. Franchisees who:
- Want to be recognised and rewarded for their hard work
- Want to benefit from long term support and guidance, and are willing to take advice on board when it’s given
- Want to belong to a team but retain their individuality
- Are friendly and personable, committed to providing excellent client service
- Are willing to adopt to Diamond Logistics’ innovative methodology
If you feel that you fit these criteria, you’d likely make a fantastic Diamond Logistics franchisee.
How much do you need to invest?
To start a franchise with Diamond Logistics and benefit from the company’s proven formula for success, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £14,000, with total investment costs of £60,000. Diamond Logistics don’t charge franchisees any monthly or ongoing fees, and the overheads are kept low, making it a highly profitable investment choice, and a role in which you can expect to turn over at least a million in your first three years if you follow the sales programme.
The cost of investment will vary depending on whether you select a modular option or a full franchise option - you can, for example, add a Diamond Logistics service to an existing logistics business.
>> Read more:
What do you get for your investment?
When you’ve made an investment in Diamond Logistics and become a new franchisee with the business, you’ll be entitled to certain benefits and support, including:
- A comprehensive training package, including three full days
- An operations manual and access to all carrier accounts
- A launch programme, a webpage and a promotional package
- A stationery package
- Access to bespoke software and “Diamond University”
- A non-exclusive operational territory and licensing rights
- Access to ongoing support, including from the UK support desk
- An invitation to three national-level events a year
- Seize this sparking investment opportunity
Join Diamond Logistics today
There’s never been a better time to make an investment in the courier and delivery industry, so if you’re interested, strongly consider starting a Diamond Logistics franchise now. If you’re interested in franchising, but this sector doesn’t feel like the right fit, take some time to browse Point Franchise’s UK franchise directory and discover the wide range of available opportunities.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©