Driver Hire franchiseSuccessful management franchise with low fixed costs.
Established over 37 years ago, Driver Hire has become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, supplying customers in a wide range of sectors nationwide. The Driver Hire network consists of 104 offices across the UK; all focused on supplying thousands of satisfied customers each year.
8% of Turnover
Average floor space:
About Driver Hire
The Driver Hire business reputation is built on the quality of service to both customers who need to find excellent staff and candidates who are looking for work. 94% of customers rated our service as Good or Excellent in our 2020 surveys and 96% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire. In a highly regulated industry, this reflects the high standards of professionalism from our franchisees and throughout our business.
Driver Hire is one of the UK’s most successful and highly respected franchise brands in the UK, they are:
- Overall Winner – bfa Franchisor of the Year 2019
- Driver Hire has been ranked as the No.1 Recruitment franchise in the Elite Franchise Top 100 List for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 is placed 9th across all franchise companies.
- Regular Finalist (14 out of the last 17 years) and six-times award winner in the BFA Franchisor of the Year awards.
Training and support provided
Driver Hire’s fully supported initial four to six-week training programme sets you up for success.
Once the franchisee has opened for business (or taken over an existing franchise business), training continues in the form of the franchise support programme, which can deliver up to six months of further support and training in the franchisee’s office.
Support is also available from specialist teams at the Driver Hire head office, including an area development manager, national accounts, HR, marketing, and IT. Peer-to-peer support is just as valuable, and Driver Hire feels it is very important to encourage and facilitate positive working relationships between franchisees. This is achieved through regular regional meetings, an annual conference, and their online forum.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO INVEST?
The Driver Hire franchise fee for a new start-up is just £32,000 however there are only a few remaining start-up areas available. If you are looking to invest in an established territory re-sale these start from £50,000. The minimum investment required is £60,000 and your minimum liquid capital amount should be at least £25,000.
Click HERE for more information on our available territories
The ideal Driver Hire franchisee
WHY CHOOSE DRIVER HIRE?
- For the last financial year, 2021/22:
- The average franchise turnover (single unit) was £1,230,183 – around three times the UK franchise industry average.
- 73% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £750,000
- 55% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £1million
- 13% of Driver Hire franchises achieved sales of over £2million
- The average yearly net proﬁt for a franchised oﬃce was more than £140,000 and top performing franchisees generate significantly higher profits, giving you very realistic potential earnings well in excess of £100k per year.
- We are full members of the British Franchise Association (bfa).
- One of the leading logistics recruiters, so you can have every conﬁdence in the service you are selling. Plus, you are providing a service for which there is a clear and growing demand.
- Over 75 head oﬃce support staﬀ when you need them, so you will never be alone in your business.
- Access to National Accounts, delivering 20% of network revenue.
- Bespoke IT systems which have been developed to support the needs of a Driver Hire business, giving you the best possible tools to succeed.
Driver Hire franchisees come from all walks of life but there are personal traits that they all have in common; they are:
See what some of our existing franchisees think HERE
Your Next Steps.
The Driver Hire brand provides you with a huge advantage over the competition and is supported by a wealth of support from over 75 head office staff across several important departments. So if you can see yourself owning and running a Driver Hire office we want to hear from you today – we have a specialist in-house Franchise Sales team ready to help you learn more.
Driver Hire's history
Driver Hire originally evolved from a partnership between founders Mark Lawn and John Bussey. With Lawn providing knowledge of the driving and logistics sector and Bussey offering the business know how, their chance meeting led to an innovative business idea and together they opened the first Driver Hire office in Bradford in 1983; a recruitment service business offering mainly temporary drivers to logistics companies.
Since 1983, our 100+ franchisees have been supplying businesses and firms across the country with temporary drivers, as well as non-driving staff, for all sorts of needs; we are now the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, and proud to be a franchised business.
Our near 40 years of experience have made us one of the top companies for finding different businesses the staff they need for permanent positions (we work on a no-success, no fee basis), long-term contracts or simply drivers for one-off jobs.
We don’t focus purely on drivers; we regularly help find people for non-driving roles that come with haulage links, such as warehouse staff and managers.
With all of this comes our robust central support system that provides both new and established franchisees with the training and support they need to succeed. This starts with identifying people who are suitable for running a Driver Hire recruitment business, to providing a comprehensive training programme, before then providing a level of operational support which is unrivaled in the industry.
Latest news from
NEW FRANCHISEES AT LINCOLN RECRUITMENT BUSINESS
Peter Quittenton and Christian Salter takes Driver Hire to new heights! Two young local entrepreneurs, Peter Quittenton and Christian [...]Read more
Driver Hire’s eighth annual ‘Proud’ survey sees the...
Over 500 customers responded to the survey, praising the logistics and recruitment franchise for its reliable service and great value for [...]Read more
Driver Hire hosts Franchise Discovery Day with 5 other...
The virtual event occurred yesterday, March 31st, welcoming representatives from Driver Hire, FASTSIGNS, Home Instead, Puddle Ducks, Revive! [...]Read more
Here’s what some of our franchisees have to say…
Here’s what some of our franchisees have to say… “Becoming a Driver Hire franchisee has absolutely changed our [...]Read more
Driver Hire - Available Franchises Territories
Driver Hire - Available Franchises Territories Driver Hire is one of the UK’s top franchises – an established franchise which [...]Read more
New Franchisees at Leeds recruitment business
Husband and wife team, Tim and Fiona Hennah have bought Driver Hire’s Leeds West recruitment office. Before buying their own [...]Read more