Ever thought about starting your own QSR franchise, benefitting from the UK’s booming fast food sector as a business owner with plenty of franchisor support? If the answer is yes, and you’re also a lover of all things fried chicken, Chicken Cottage could be the perfect choice. Read on, and discover everything you need to know about a potential Chicken Cottage franchise investment.
If you want to launch a successful chicken restaurant franchise in the UK and tap into the fast food market forecast to reach a total value of over £20 billion this year [Statista], Chicken Cottage is a great way to go about it. The global brand has been franchising successfully for decades, bringing a honed operational system and a great package of support to the table.
Does Chicken Cottage franchise in the UK?
Anyone interested in selling Chicken Cottage fast food to hungry, happy customers will be thrilled to discover that, yes, Chicken Cottage does franchise in the UK. The long-standing and ever-expanding brand would be thrilled to welcome new franchisees to the Chicken Cottage fried chicken franchise family. In the words of Muhammad Ali from Chicken Cottage Crystal Palace, “If you are hard-working and want to be your own boss then you will be a great success.”
In support of our franchisees, we are constantly developing strategies and introducing ways that our franchisees can maximise their profits and stay ahead of their game. As with our evolving store layout, we have kept our menu up-to-date and fresh.
- Chicken Cottage
The history of Chicken Cottage
The first Chicken Cottage business opened its doors in 1994, located in Wembley, North London. Here, the popular and now-thriving concept began to take shape, and today there are over 75 Chicken Cottage QSR franchise locations worldwide, across 10 different countries. The business with decades of success to its name stands out for many reasons, from its delicious dishes to its recognisable branding, but most of all, Chicken Cottage’s continued success is down to its founder’s passion for cooking, experimentation and, you guessed it, fried chicken! If you want to start your own fast food franchise in 2022, it’s tough to beat Chicken Cottage.
With a passion for flavour, Chicken Cottage launched with our signature grilled and fried chicken, and has since expanded into the world of desserts and international flavours.
- Chicken Cottage
>> Read more:
- These 5 Top Chicken Franchises in the UK Are Finger-Lickin’ Good
- Meet José Cil, Popeyes Chicken CEO
- Meet Tony Lowings, KFC CEO
- Chicken & Waffles- Why Not Create Your Own Restaurant?
- How to Choose a Chicken Restaurant Franchise That's Right For You
- Five Tips for Building a Business Plan for a Successful Chicken Restaurant Franchise
Start a franchise in the fast food industry with a Chicken Cottage restaurant
If everything you’ve learned thus far about the history of Chicken Cottage and the fast food business’s franchise programme has you increasingly keen to invest, keep reading. The three questions answered below will equip you with all the information and knowledge you need in order to make a fully informed franchise investment with Chicken Cottage...
1. How do you go about starting your own Chicken Cottage restaurant?
To find out more about Chicken Cottage and register your interest in a franchise investment, you can visit the brand’s website, which contains a dedicated page for prospective franchisees. Note, before you do, that the company has a clear concept of what it’s looking for in a franchisee: They should have at least five years of management experience in the restaurant/food service industry, a strong interest in/passion for the Chicken Cottage brand and a willingness to make a full-time commitment to their investment.
2. How much do you need to invest?
In order to become a Chicken Cottage franchisee, you’ll need to make a total investment of between £320,000-£450,000. In return, you’ll benefit from the franchise package and the Chicken Cottage brand name/built-in customer base. To contextualise where these costs fit in the wider world of fast food restaurants, here are some examples from the same industry:
- Camile Thai - In order to become a Camile Thai franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £100,000, with franchise fees of £20,000.
- THE BUTCHER - To become a franchisee with THE BUTCHER, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £150,000, with franchise fees of £25,000 and a total investment cost of £300,000.
- WOLF - If you want to become a WOLF franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £100,000, with franchise fees of £15,000 and a total investment cost of £200,000.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
3. What do you get for your investment?
Once you’ve made your investment and become a Chicken Cottage franchise owner, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive franchise package,which includes in-house training and ongoing support. The training will initially last a minimum of four weeks and be conducted in-store, followed by a full day at the Franchise Support Centre, and ongoing development opportunities will be available down the line. The support will assist you with everything from administrating your Chicken Cottage fried chicken restaurant to marketing it.
Plus, you’ll be allocated a Business Development Manager to support you through the planning and build stage of the store up to when the store opens, and you’ll be prepared for your restaurant’s launch by a Franchise Support Coach. Whatever assistance you need and wherever you are in your Chicken Cottage franchise journey, you’ll never go it alone as a franchisee with this popular chicken chain.
Chicken Cottage invests heavily in research, development and marketing, and both management and franchisees share costs as well as the rewards and benefits. By anticipating customers’ real needs and reacting to an evolving society, we have seen rapid growth in the number of our restaurants.
- Chicken Cottage
Chicken Cottage franchise opportunities are a brilliant way to start running your own business
Hopefully, you now know whether Chicken Cottage is the right franchise investment for you. If you’re still on the fence and you’d like to explore other options in the vast world of food franchising, stick around on Point Franchise. From similar investment opportunities like Rooster Shack (minimum initial investment of £120,000) to very different investment opportunities like Dunkin’ Donuts (minimum initial investment of £1,200,000), you’re sure to find the perfect franchise fit if you keep looking.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©