This list will provide a closer look at some of the top chicken franchises in the UK. These include the legendary Kentucky Fried Chicken and the up-and-coming Popeyes franchise.
So if you're ready to embark on a finger-licking journey through the world of fried chicken, keep reading!
Running a chicken shop franchise
Suppose you're interested in getting into the fast-food industry. In that case, there are a few factors to consider before running a successful chicken restaurant franchise. The two most prominent advantages to buying a chicken franchise are that you can operate under an established brand name and receive extensive training.
Benefits of a brand
In general, choosing the franchise route allows you to open a fast-food restaurant for a fraction of the cost. And with a tried and tested business model, everything is analysed and calculated, from expenses to required stock levels. Consistency is vital for fast-food lovers. When choosing to eat in a restaurant with a reputable brand, customers visit with the pretence of a guaranteed good experience.
The Top Fried Chicken Franchises
If investing in a chicken franchise is something you want to sink your teeth into, look at the opportunities available below. Point Franchise is only advertising one chicken franchise currently. Yet, Chunky Chicken and Popeyes are also looking for franchises all over the UK.
KFC is one of the world's largest and most popular fast-food franchises. KFC was first introduced in Britain in 1965. It has since expanded to over 850 locations. The Kentucky Fried Chicken UK restaurants operate at such an excellent standard. The British fried chicken operation is the training base for many new European fried chicken restaurants.
KFC is 95 per cent owned and operated by franchisees.
- Becoming a KFC franchisee: KFC franchisees should have hospitality and operating knowledge within the food and drink sector.
- How much you need to invest: You'll need £5 million in assets and £2 million in liquid capital to start a KFC franchise unit.
- What you get in return: KFC still needs to publish details about its franchise package. Still, you can find out more by contacting the brand if it opens up applications in the future.
They were founded in 2012 as an alternative to the UK's dominant Piri Piri restaurant brand. This food franchise set its sights on becoming the go-to choice for delicious, freshly-cooked Piri Piri chicken. Franzo's determination to challenge the market leaders encourages interested franchisees. Thus many choose to get in touch now to reserve a territory.
- Becoming a Franzos franchisee: The ideal Franzos franchisee is someone with a can-do attitude. A good understanding of exceptional customer service. It would help if you were a thoughtful manager to understand and attend to staff's personal and professional needs. Being passionate about Franzos and respecting the brand's values and ethos is essential.
- How much you need to invest: Interested franchisees must make a minimum investment of £150,000, including franchise fees of £17,500. The franchise suggests that the respected revenue after two years is £750,000.
- What you get for your investment: Franzos offers in-store franchisee training over two weeks. They help recruit and train staff. Offer comprehensive business support and unique marketing campaigns. They do ensure you can hit the ground running.
3. Chunky Chicken
This Piri Piri chicken franchise is an expanding food service. Their concept offers dine-in, takeaway and delivery options across the UK.
- Becoming a Chunky Chicken franchisee: Franchisees must buy ingredients and minor operating equipment from designated suppliers safeguarding quality and conforming to operational standards.
- How much you need to invest: The franchise costs, and fees information is unavailable online. But you can visit the Chunky Chicken website and fill in the application form for more details.
- What you get for your investment: New franchisees will attend a 12-16-week training programme that covers food preparation, hygiene and safety, ordering and inventory control, first aid, customer service, business principles and financial reporting.
London, known for its vibrant food culture, has recently welcomed a new player in the fried chicken scene - Popeyes! Originating from Louisiana, Popeyes chicken in London brings a unique blend of Southern-inspired spices and flavours to the UK.
- Becoming a Popeyes franchisee: The ideal franchisee should have passion for the franchise's ethos, excellent business sense, and a proficient communicator.
- How much you need to invest: Popeyes is in its infancy in developing a UK business. The best way to inquire about franchising opportunities in the UK is to approach the business. Yet, the exact financial specifics of UK franchising have to be discovered.
- What you get for your investment: Popeyes franchise cost includes ongoing guidance and advice. As a franchisee, you can access the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen web portal. It offers franchisees a comprehensive company operations manual and training videos.
Favourite is the biggest British fried chicken franchise in the UK and has been trading since 1986. For over 30 years, Favorite has offered a structured franchise system while maintaining an affordable cost for franchisees. Not only is all the meat served by Favorite approved as halal, but in 1998 was also the first UK food chain to declare a 'GM Free Zone'.
- Becoming a Favorite Franchisee: You should share the brand's passion for serving wholesome, unprocessed food. Favorite believes in offering convenient meals made from fresh chicken.
- How much you need to invest: The franchise fee includes setting up the shop—a 10-year agreement contract with the option to renew and 12 months of exclusivity in an agreed territory. The min. investment required for a Favorite franchise is £100,000.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees are allocated a field specialist from the start of the process until your unit is up and running. You'll get marketing materials for local promotional campaigns and support in other aspects of the business.
Invest in chicken's popularity
The UK's fried chicken landscape presents a tempting array of options for food lovers. From the timeless classics of KFC to the exciting new entrant Popeyes. There's no shortage of finger-licking goodness to go around!
Whether you're ready for a quick bite or a hearty meal, these chicken franchises offer something for everyone. So why not indulge your taste buds and explore the diverse range of fried chicken restaurants the UK offers?
Shaun M Jooste, Point Franchise ©