If you’re interested in running your own graphic design franchise, but you’re not sure where to start in terms of finding the right franchise for you, you’re in the right place. Below, you’ll discover a list of the top five graphic design franchise investment opportunities available to you in the UK right now. You’ll then be able to explore which best suits your financial situation, your existing skills and your professional desires.
The global graphic design market is growing. In fact, it grew by a substantial 2.8% in 2021 [IBISWorld]. With more businesses turning to these services than ever before in 2022, there’s never been a better time to become a graphic designer. But where to start? With this article, of course. Keep reading, and you’ll soon know a lot more about the current shape of the sector.
What is a graphic design business?
Before you dive into your options and start making a career change with a graphic design franchise right away, take a second to recap. To confirm that you know exactly what a graphic designer does, and what you’ll do during a day in the life owning a graphic design franchise. Here’s the rundown: Graphic designers “create eye-catching visuals” and “work on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications” and so on [Prospects]. As a franchisee, you will...
- Manage ongoing client communications
- Coordinate with team members/clients
- Meet new clients
- Complete graphic design work (described above)
- Advertise and market your graphic design franchise
- Handle the day-to-day running of your graphic design franchise
The 5 top graphic design franchises in the UK
1. Agency Express
Agency Express is the UK’s largest estate agency board services business, with an impressive network of over 117 franchisees. It’s an award-winning and well-recognised franchise investment that requires low start-up costs and has no national competitor.
- Becoming an Agency Express franchisee: You don’t need any industry experience, but you will need to be hands-on, motivated, energetic and willing to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £12,500, with a total investment cost of £24,500.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive 8 days of comprehensive training and plenty of pre-launch support. On top of this, you’ll be provided with a van, tools, equipment, insurance, clothing, stationery, marketing literature and manuals.
FASTSIGNS, a producer of signage, graphics and visual communications, was first established in Dallas in 1985. The franchise came to the UK in 1992 and continues to offer a huge range of options to customers, boasting over 675 centres in 10 countries across the globe.
- Becoming a FASTSIGNS franchisee: You don’t need any prior industry experience, but you will need an excellent work ethic, an understanding of what makes a successful team, and plenty of enthusiasm for the role.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £36,000, with franchise fees of £21,000 and a total investment cost of £120,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive industry-leading training and pre-opening support. You’ll then have access to a mentoring programme, outside sales support, and a dedicated business consultant.
eDivert is a B2B marketing franchise offering administrative support, customer service support and marketing support to other UK companies. eDivert offers franchisees two different packages, and could be ideal if you’re looking for a scalable investment.
- Becoming an eDivert franchisee: Previous experience in customer service, sales, marketing or administration would be helpful. You should also be dedicated, passionate, driven and eager to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,500, with a total investment cost of £11,400.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be able to work flexibly with access to holiday cover. You’ll be onboarded with a programme of expert, personalised training, and you’ll then have access to plenty of ongoing franchisor support, including tried-and-tested strategies for marketing your franchise business.
4. Minuteman Press
Minuteman Press is the world’s largest printing and marketing franchise. The well-regarded franchise was first established over 25 years ago and developed a strong reputation for its premier printing, marketing and design efforts for businesses up and down the UK.
- Becoming a Minuteman Press franchisee: You won’t need prior industry experience, but you will need to be alert to customers’ needs, enthusiastic about growing your business and willing to work hard. You should also be able to manage employees effectively.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £25,000, with a total investment cost of £50,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive a comprehensive programme of training and support as a franchisee, including a two-week initial training programme, setup support and ongoing guidance as and when it’s required.
>> Read more:
Activ is a digital marketing franchise that offers SMEs a range of helpful services, including web design, content marketing and more. The company boasts 11 years of industry experience and a strong, loyal customer base (which will hugely benefit you).
- Becoming an Activ Net Marketing franchisee: You should be ready to approach/work with local businesses, putting in the effort required to win and retain business. You should also be driven, ambitious and self-motivated.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll have access to a three-day training programme which introduces you to all things Activ. You’ll then benefit from ongoing franchisor support as and when you need it.
Start a franchise in the graphic design industry today and enjoy all the perks of running your own business
You should now have a stronger sense of just how many options are waiting for you in the world of graphic design franchise opportunities. To continue your research ahead of a potential investment, stay on Point Franchise. Find out about the tech trends currently innovating the graphic design sector, check out five tips for marketing your graphic design franchise or discover how to build the perfect business plan for your graphic design franchise.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©