More people than ever are looking to make a career change. But for those who are making a jump into a sector they’ve never worked in before, it can sometimes be difficult to visualise what the daily life of a franchisee in another sector looks like. So, if you’ve been thinking about becoming a franchisee in the graphic design sector, here’s what a day in your life could look like.
Graphic designers work in a busy and competitive industry, so it can be difficult for newcomers to the industry to figure out exactly what an average day for a franchisee will look like. If you’re looking to find out more about this exciting sector, and gain an insight into what a graphic design franchisee does on a daily basis, this is the article for you.
A day in the life of a graphic design franchisee
No two days will ever be the same for a graphic design franchisee. You will likely be working across multiple projects, all at the same time and often to tight deadlines. On top of your creative skills, you will need a number of transferable skills to help make your business a success.
You will need to have the right skillset to deal with many of the following tasks that you could be doing on a daily basis:
- Meeting new clients
- Responding to new enquiries and concerns
- Coordinating with team members
- Perfecting marketing strategies
- Processing invoices
- Chairing meetings and taking calls
If you think you have the skillset to do all of these tasks to a high standard, you might be the perfect graphic design franchisee. But why become a franchisee in the first place?
>> Read more:
Advantages of running a graphic design business
There are many advantages to running a graphic design business. You can certainly expect to be busy from the day you open your doors, but beyond simply being busy, franchising brings dozens of other advantages:
- You will be your own boss
- You can look forward to enjoying some big profits
- No two days will be the same
- You’ll be able to count on the training and support of your franchisor
- You’ll have a pre-existing brand identity, reputation and customer base
And you can enjoy all of these benefits for only a nominal investment. While the average cost of setting up a franchise business is around £42,200 [British Franchise Association], the majority of big graphic design franchises require investments far below this amount.
Challenges of running a graphic design franchise
When it comes to running your own business, no new enterprise is ever completely without challenges. And, although franchising is a safer business model to operate with, there’s never any guarantee that your graphic design business will be a success.
Because of this, it’s possible you may need to work long hours, especially as you first start your business. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy though, so although the hours can be tough at first, rest assured that every hour you put in will be worth it further down the line.
Franchise opportunities in the graphic design industry
1. Agency Express
Agency Express is the UK’s largest provider of professional estate agency board services. This award-winning franchise has a nationally recognised brand, established reputation, comprehensive franchise package and a proven business formula, making it a very attractive franchising option.
- The ideal Agency Express franchisee: You won’t need any specific previous experience, but as this is a van-based franchise, you’ll need to want to run a mobile franchise business with an exclusive territory.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £12,500. Your total investment will be around £24,500 and, in return, you can look forward to a revenue of around £40,000 after two years.
- What you get for your investment: On top of a franchise package, you’ll be given an eight day comprehensive training and support programme. You’re never far away from help and support.
>> Read more:
Fastsigns is a franchise specialised in selling, marketing, producing, or installing visual communications, including signs, graphics, banners, flags, vehicle graphics, and wraps, among many other types of graphical design. With over 675 centres operating in 10 countries around the world, this is a fast-growing and ambitious franchise.
- The ideal Fastsigns franchise: You don’t need previous experience, only a good work ethic, good motivation, and enthusiasm for the business. The ideal candidate would also know how to put together a well-coordinated team.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £36,000, with franchising fees of £21,000. Your total investment will ultimately be £120,000.
- What you get for your investment: Once you’ve signed on the dotted line, you’ll be entitled to some industry-leading training that will help train you to be at the level necessary to run a successful business.
Become a graphic design franchise today
Becoming a graphic designer can be a profitable and exciting choice to make. If you’ve been wondering whether this is the right career choice for you, you will now have a better idea of what the daily life of a graphic design franchisee will look like. If all of this sounds like your kind of opportunity, you could be the perfect franchisee for a graphics business.
If this isn’t quite right for you though, there’s no need to worry. There are a wide range of different franchising opportunities, so if you want to know how to become a professional painter, or some of the big trends changing the kitchen design industry, there is plenty of advice for you elsewhere on the website. Alternatively, there is a complete list of opportunities on the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©