If you’re interested in running your own business, have an eye for detail and love making people feel beautiful and putting a spring in their step, why not start your own beauty salon franchise? It’s an in-demand sector in 2022, and if you launch a beauty salon and offer great services to your customers, you’ll soon become a valued part of the local community, enjoying high levels of loyal repeat customers.
There’s been a massive recent growth (up by 54%) in the number of hairdressing, barbering and beauty services providers across the UK [PolicyBee], and this growth has been caused by rising consumer demand. There’s no better time to make a career change with a beauty salon franchise, and if you keep reading, you’ll discover everything you need to know about what it takes to run a beauty salon franchise successfully.
A day in the life of a beauty salon business
Finding out what goes into running your own beauty salon franchise should be step one in the research process. Put simply, if you don’t enjoy the tasks associated with running a beauty salon, it might not be the right choice for you. As you go about choosing the right beauty salon franchise for you, you’ll see that specific tasks differ greatly from business to business and sub-sector to sub-sector. A hair salon, for instance, will be very different to run than a nail salon. Generally speaking, however, you’re likely to be doing some or all of the following:
- Maintaining high-quality and reliable standards and services
- Meticulously maintaining staff records such as salaries, commissions and absences
- Staying aware of ever-shifting beauty trends and services
- Running recruitment drives and maintaining a trusted team of staff
- Organising marketing activities, including via social media
>> Read more:
Advantages of running a beauty salon franchise
You will be pleased to discover that there are many advantages to investing in a beauty salon franchise and running a business within this growth industry. Here are just a few of the biggest advantages to consider as you try to make the right investment decision for you:
- You’ll become an integral part of your community and enjoy plenty of repeat custom
- You’ll be able to pursue a true passion each working day
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to gather customer feedback/offer excellent customer service
- You’ll receive extensive training and support from your franchisor
- You’ll find that low-cost investment opportunities are readily available (including mobile options)
Challenges of running a beauty salon business
Even as a franchisee working for one of the top beauty salon franchises in the UK, your job won’t be without challenge. But what you need to figure out, ahead of a potential franchise investment, is whether that challenge suits you or not. Everyone is equipped to meet challenges differently, but if you feel confident, for instance, working long hours when you have to and dealing with difficult customers if you need to, you’d likely thrive running a beauty salon franchise of your own!
Franchising opportunities in the beauty salon sector
1. Laser Clinics
Laser Clinics is the world’s largest provider of laser hair removal and non-invasive skin treatments, and the franchise is 100% capitalising on the rapidly growing cosmetic injectables market. As a franchisee, you’d benefit from a unique 50/50 partnership deal.
- Becoming a Laser Clinics franchisee: You don’t need previous industry experience, but you will need to be enthusiastic about beauty and cosmetic injections. You should pair this enthusiasm with the drive to succeed and the ambition to grow.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £80,000, with a total investment cost of £200,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll have access to excellent equipment at low prices. You’ll be assisted with a specialist property search, supported with your business plan and fundraising, and provided with training for your clinic staff.
>> Read more:
- 5 Tips for Developing Your Employees into Future Franchisees
- Being a Successful Franchisee Means Adopting an Entrepreneur Mindset
- 7 Common Habits of Successful Franchisees
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- Five Tips for Boosting Your Self-Confidence as a Business Owner
- Traits of an entrepreneur
Guinot is not just one of the world’s biggest beauty product suppliers, the franchise is also at the forefront of organic innovation within the industry. Guinot prides itself on producing and selling strong, effective products with the help of top-quality professionals and developers.
- Becoming a Guinot franchisee: Experience in the beauty product sales field isn’t necessary, but candidates must be willing to learn and develop this knowledge, and must also have enough working capital to support the investment.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £87,000, with a total investment cost of £125,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be provided with extensive training and support, including a one-week induction and a two-day shadowing programme. Guinot will also help you launch your franchise, providing a wealth of comprehensive advice.
3. The Massage Company
The Massage Company is a massage franchise that operates on a membership-based model and aims to offer high-quality massage services to a broad audience of customers. Essentially, The Massage Company is bringing massage to the mainstream, and you could be a part of it.
- Becoming a franchisee with The Massage Company: The Massage Company is flexible and suitable for a range of people from a range of different backgrounds. You can choose to become an Owner Operator or an Owner Investor.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make an initial investment of £250,000, or £250,000 per centre if you’re going down the Owner Investor multi-centre investment route.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll gain access to a comprehensive programme of training and support, including all the initial knowledge you’ll need to get started and all the ongoing information you’ll need to build a thriving The Massage Company location.
Start a beauty salon business today, and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ve gained a better understanding of whether or not a beauty salon franchise investment is right for you. Still on the fence? Why not consider making a career change with a dog grooming franchise? If you love providing personal care services and you ALSO love pooches, it might well be a match made in heaven.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©