In this article, we take a look at five of the most exciting businesses in the hair and beauty franchise industry and find out how you can become part of them. You’ll be able to learn more about their franchisee criteria and investment requirements.
The power of a good blowdry, a swipe of mascara or a coat of liptick can transform how we feel about ourselves. We've all heard the saying, 'when you look good, you feel good'. It turns out there's some truth in the statement, as researchers say feeling confident in your appearance improves your 'emotional immunity' (your ability to fight off negative comments and emotions). It can even boost your physical immunity. So, not only can beauty treatments and cosmetics make you look like the best version of you, but they also help you feel better inside.
As a result, the hair and beauty industry is a lucrative one. Over the past five years, the salon and barber sector has grown by 45 percent and, by 2022, consumers are expected to spend £487 per head on products to improve their appearance. The industry as a whole is estimated to be worth over £410 billion, which demonstrates just how lucrative it is.
Having the support of a franchise in such a competitive industry can dictate whether your business will make it or break it. By joining an established company, you’ll be able to use a proven business model and benefit from the owners’ years of experience.
And there’s great news for anyone considering starting a cosmetics franchise business. According to the National Health & Beauty Federation (NHBF), cosmetics businesses are more likely to be thriving after their first five years than businesses in any other industry.
>> Read more:
So, let’s look at some of the best hair and beauty franchise opportunities in the hair and beauty sector.
Rush Hair provides professional haircare services to clients all over the world. The brand has expanded to over 70 UK locations that cater to over 16,000 customers a week – a customer base that continues to grow year on year. The successful hair salon franchise is partnered with high street brands like ghd, REDKEN and L'Oréal, which allows it to use only the highest quality hair products on the market.
- Becoming a Rush Hair franchisee: You’ll get all the support you need to launch your Rush business within six months of applying to become a franchisee. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: Rush welcomes savvy entrepreneurs who are able to make a total investment of around £160,000. You don’t need any experience in hairdressing, as you’ll take more of a managerial role.
- What you get for your investment: Before you launch your Rush salon, you will take part in a comprehensive initial training programme covering the business model. There’s also ongoing support provided by the dedicated franchise teams to help with all the technicalities and legalities. The brand likes to think of itself as a family as well as a business so, as well as being able to capitalise from a proven business model, there is ample support.
Our people are our product. If you’re thinking about franchising, before it works for me, it has to work for you. – Andy Phouli, Co-Founder and Chairman of Rush
Guinot is a French beauty salon offering a number of products and treatments. Founded back in 1972, it has more than 30 years of experience under its belt and is now one of the industry’s leading franchises.
The brand started up its franchise programme in 2010 and now has 210 outlets worldwide. It provides its customers a range of services, from facial and body beauty to men’s cosmetic care, along with quality customer service.
- Becoming a Guinot franchisee: Guinot doesn’t require prospective franchisees to have experience in the field; like many franchises, it’s simply looking for entrepreneurs with a drive to learn and succeed. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to invest between £85,000 and £125,000.
- What you get for your investment: After becoming a Guinot franchisee, your abilities will be put to the test with its training programme. A week-long course will provide insight into the business’ operations and the history, and teach investors how to create effective marketing campaigns and use digital software. Franchisees will then be able to spend two days shadowing a Guinot expert at one of the business’ salons to get valuable hands-on experience. Ongoing support and refresher seminars are also available to franchisees throughout the contract term to make sure the franchise is running as profitably as possible.
3. Healthy Feet
Healthy Feet provides a mobile foot clinic service for customers up and down the UK. It’s popular among customers with diabetes, arthritis and mobility issues, as well as those who just enjoy pampering treatments.
- Becoming a Healthy Feet franchisee: It’s important to be a people-person and comfortable communicating with customers from all walks of life. Having a full UK driving licence is a must too. Click here to sign up.
- How much you need to invest: For those unable to raise a large amount of funds, the total investment to become a Healthy Feet franchisee is £6,995. So, it’s certainly a viable option for potential franchisees who don’t have lots of cash to invest.
- What you get for your investment: The franchise provides its franchisees with a Foot Health Practitioner qualification to carry out their services. The majority of training is completed online, and the working hours are extremely flexible, perfect for those busy with a home life who are searching for greater earning potential.
This brand is renowned in the hair salon industry, with 55 years of experience behind it. The hairdressing franchise has won several awards and is recognised as the number one beauty franchise leader in the UK.
- Becoming a Toni&Guy franchisee: If you want to run your own salon with the backing of a leading brand, this opportunity could be for you. Visit its website to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: Depending on the size of the business you launch, £10,000 is probably the minimum investment needed to get started. The total overall investment you may need to raise is between £40,000 and £60,000.
- What you get in return: The brand supplies you with a range of business courses to suit your needs. The management team at Toni&Guy will also provide you with support and on-the-job coaching. The franchise can even offer NVQ training for your staff.
TONI&GUY offers a fantastic franchise package with clear and consistent guidelines, the support of marketing materials, CRM systems and training. Furthermore, being part of the TONI&GUY family means being connected to the TONI&GUY philosophy of continual education through the Academy. – Dict Koh & Connee Law, Master franchise, Singapore
5. Lash Perfect Beauty Bar
This is an eyelash, eyebrow and nail bar based in South East England. The beauty franchise offers newcomers and experienced beauty therapists alike the opportunity to open an outlet and be associated with an established and reputable beauty brand.
- Becoming a Lash Perfect Beauty Bar franchisee: To express your interest in this low-overhead business opportunity, click here.
- How much you need to invest: Lash Perfect Beauty bar will only need you to provide a minimum upfront investment of £5,000 and a total of £9,999.
- What you get for your investment: Not only can franchisees benefit from big discounts on the latest professional and retail products, they’ll also be leased a Lash Perfect-branded Fiat 500, so you can advertise your business wherever you go. Your beauty franchise will also be equipped with branded professional treatment kits and quality tools to give your clients the highest quality results and keep them coming back.
>> Read more:
- Rush Hair franchise - Everything you should know
- Hair salon for sale in the UK: What to look for
- Rules and Regulations to Consider When Opening a Hair Salon
- Day in the Life: What It Takes to Run Your Own Hair and Beauty Franchise
- 8 Tips for Building a Business Plan for a Successful Hair, Beauty, or Cosmetics Franchise
Is now the time to invest in a hair and beauty franchise?
A hair and beauty franchise will keep on giving for many years – haircare and cosmetics never go out of style. If you’re interested in finding out more about running your own business under a leading brand, click here to browse our list of hair and beauty franchise opportunities. You don’t need to be experienced in the sector – just disciplined and dedicated to growing a profitable business.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©