CAVAVIN franchiseJoin CAVAVIN, The leading French franchisor of wine and spirits distribution.
CAVAVIN allows its franchisees to succeed in selling wines & spirits through its differentiating concept and to select the assortment of their wine shop among 2,000 wines and spirits from partner winemakers offering authentic and exclusive products (with room for external supply)
Average floor space:
600 square feet, 55 m²
Join CAVAVIN, The leading French franchisor of wine and spirits distribution.
Each CAVAVIN wine shop is singular even if it benefits from the franchise key success factors.
The main key success factors are:
- A strong UK experience in franchise business on both traditional and multi-channel approaches.
- More than 35 years of experience in the section of 2,000 authentic and exclusive products at the best prices. Our 200 international vineyards have a long term partnership with us and for many of them, we are the main distributor (more than 50% of their own sales).
- A specific logistic and purchasing processes for the UK to avoid the administrative treatment linked to Brexit.
- A differentiated merchandising. CAVAVIN created a modern, refined and enhancing universe for the wines and spirits it presents. The wide range available is underlined by a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- From the feasibility study to the opening of the store, we assist and support you with efficiency: validation of the location, technical and commercial assistance, transmission of know-how, assistance to open the store and in your daily business.
- We support you to design the wine store working on the plans; we optimize the furniture and specify the wine store decoration.
- The Wine Sign® is a wine tasting experience to recruit new customers and gain their loyalty. Thanks to a digital application it is a marketing weapon to create a community of customers.
Each CAVAVIN wine shop offers a selection of wines adapted to its customers and each franchisee can buy out of the logistic platform up to 30% of additional beverage products (wines, spirits or beers).
Each CAVAVIN franchisee brings his own personality in his relationship with his customers and in his business model. He can be owner operator, multi-unit operator, multi-channel oriented (wine shop sales, hotels, restaurants and other BtoB, tastings, …).
Training and support provided
3 weeks of training:
- One week on products with all wine areas training including food pairings, wine exploitation visits,
- One week of immersion in a wine shop to be trained on wine advice & sales and on the knowhow,
- One week of tools training at La Baule headquarters.
We support you to design the wine store. We optimise the outfitting to store and to present wines and spirits. We organise congress to meet the suppliers and to adapt the offer.
Our English and French support teams to assist you in your daily business.
The ideal CAVAVIN franchisee
OUR FRANCHISEES CAN EXPRESS THEIR STRONG SPIRIT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Thanks to the CAVAVIN concept you can organise your business being:
- owner operator as our franchisee at Hertford. Year 3average turnover objective is at £300,000;
- or in a multi-channel approach as our franchisee from Sheffield employing 28 people dealing with hotels and restaurants, trading on e-commerce in addition to the wine shop usual business. Its 2018 turnover is £6 million.
- or in a multi-unit approach with supervisors monitoring each unit results but also dealing on BtoB
THE IDEAL CAVAVIN FRANCHISEE
If you are an Epicurean entrepreneur or investor, you are invited to join the French leader of franchised wine merchants to follow your passion. You can become a single or a multi-unit owner (fees are negotiable depending on the number of units).
CAVAVIN was created in 1985 by Michel Bourel. He is a result of professional reconversion and created CAVAVIN by federating independent wine merchants.
- In 1996, CAVAVIN moved to a franchise model. Michel Bourel is for his second term in a row President of the French Franchise Federation.
- In 1997, opening of a new platform in Guérande and launch of a new commercial strategy.
- In 2005 opening of the hundredth CAVAVIN wine shop.
- From 2007 to 2011, a modernization wind was blowing over the furniture and products offered for sale.
- In 2015, the CAVAVIN franchise celebrated its 30th anniversary.
- In 2016, Michel Bourel's son-in-law, Olivier Mermuys, joins CAVAVIN, where he is now CEO.
- In 2018, CAVAVIN inaugurates its new logistic platform and its new headquarters to give itself the means of its development and to consolidate the quality of service to its franchisees.
Latest news from
CAVAVIN accelerates its expansion, opening five new wine...
New CAVAVIN stores have opened in Glasgow, Paris, Toulon, Tourcoing (France) and Chisinau (Moldova). This has been an impressive year for the [...]Read more
Cavavin reports impressive revenue increase
Cavavin ended 2020 on a high, despite the problems brought by the Covid-19 pandemic. The wine franchise saw an average increase of 35 percent [...]Read more
Cavavin launches its first Glasgow store
Cavavin has unveiled the location of a brand-new store, located in Glasgow. Although the wine franchise has already established [...]Read more
CAVAVIN has a successful spirits congress in Paris.
CAVAVIN franchisees discovered many new products at its spirit congress. The CAVAVIN spirits congress was held in Paris on 8th and 9th March [...]Read more
Meet the Cavavin team at the Paris Franchise Expo
Cavavin is promoting its franchise opportunity at Franchise Expo Paris this year. The wine franchise is pleased to be bringing its business [...]Read more
CAVAVIN brings franchisees together again
CAVAVIN hosted its 23rd annual congress in Reims, France to showcase the products that it can offer everyone. More than 150 franchisees from [...]Read more