If you’re interested in all things beauty, why not consider starting your own beauty salon franchise this year? This article is a great place to start if you’re interested in exploring your options in the beauty sector. Read on, and you’ll discover some of the best beautiful salon sector franchise investment opportunities currently available to you in the UK.
If you’re looking into running a beauty salon franchise in the UK, you’ll be delighted to know that it’s a hugely exciting and profitable industry in 2022. In fact, the hairdressing and beauty treatment industry’s UK market size is worth around a whopping £2 billion [IBISWorld]. That’s plenty of demand to capitalise on if you can find the beauty salon franchise that’s right for you. So, what are you waiting for?
What is a beauty salon business?
Before jumping into some of the top franchise investment opportunities in the sector, it’s important to first gain a solid understanding of what, exactly, a beauty salon business is, and what you’d do as the owner of a beauty salon franchise. (Doing the research beforehand will enable you to make the right decision for your professional future.)
There are many different types of beauty salon out there, and you might choose to run a nail salon, a hair salon, a cosmetic treatments clinic or even a massage parlour. The options are many and various, and you should do your research on each avenue in order to narrow it down and find the right fit for you. Though many of the tasks will different depending on the type of salon you’re running, generally speaking you’re likely to:
- Provide customer service and handle queries/questions/complaints
- Manage a team of people (beauticians, hairdressers, nail technicians, etc.)
- Answer calls, arrange meetings and complete other admin tasks
- Manage inventory and stock
- Manage the day-to-day running of your franchise
- Market and advertise your franchise
>> Read more:
The 4 top beauty salon franchises in the UK
1. Laser Clinics
Laser Clinics is the world’s largest provider of laser hair removal and non-invasive skin treatments, and the franchise is 100% capitalising on the rapidly growing cosmetic injectables market. As a franchisee, you’d benefit from a unique 50/50 partnership deal.
- Becoming a Laser Clinics franchisee: You don’t need previous industry experience, but you will need to be enthusiastic about all things beauty and cosmetic injections. You should pair this enthusiasm with the drive to succeed and the ambition to grow.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £80,000, with a total investment cost of £200,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll have access to excellent equipment at low prices. You’ll be assisted with your specialist property search, supported with your business plan and fundraising, and provided with training for your clinic staff.
Guinot is not just one of the world’s biggest beauty product suppliers; the franchise is also at the forefront of organic innovation within the industry. Guinot prides itself on producing and selling strong, effective products with the help of top-quality professionals and developers.
- Becoming a Guinot franchisee: Experience in the beauty product sales field isn’t necessary, but candidates must be very much willing to learn and develop this knowledge, and must also have enough working capital to support the investment.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £87,000, with a total investment cost of £125,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be provided with extensive training and support, including a one-week induction and a two-day shadowing programme. Guinot will also help you launch your franchise, providing a wealth of comprehensive advice.
3. The Massage Company
The Massage Company is a massage franchise that operates on a membership-based model and aims to offer high-quality massage services to a broader audience of customers. Essentially, The Massage Company is bringing massage to the mainstream, and you could be a part of it.
- Becoming a franchisee with The Massage Company: The Massage Company is flexible and suitable for a range of people from a range of different backgrounds. You can choose to become an Owner Operator or an Owner Investor.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make an initial investment of £250,000, or £250,000 per centre if you’re going down the Owner Investor multi-centre investment route.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll gain access to a comprehensive programme of training and support, including all the initial knowledge you’ll need to get started and all the ongoing information you’ll need to build a thriving The Massage Company location.
Busylizzy is a fitness franchise that works with pregnant people and new mums, aiming to make exercise as fun as possible. Classes can be completed at home or with like-minded mums in local venues. Management-style franchise opportunities are available with Busylizzy.
- Becoming a Busylizzy franchisee: Experience within the fitness/baby sectors isn’t required. Instead, you should be energetic and self-motivated, with a genuine passion for customer experience, a true service ethos and a strong determination to succeed.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £7,500, with franchise fees of £18,500 and a total investment cost of £27,200.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll gain access to a successful business model, a protected territory and a range of support covering everything from operations to marketing. You’ll also benefit from monthly business analysis and review.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
Start a beauty salon franchise today and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business
Hopefully, this article has given you a stronger sense of what’s out there for you in the world of beauty salon franchises and beauty-salon-adjacent investments. Stay on Point Franchise if you’d like to continue your research into the sector. Here, you can discover how to make a career change with a beauty salon franchise and peruse the eight biggest advantages of running a hair, beauty or cosmetics business.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©