Top 4 Healthy Food Franchises in the UK
It’s safe to say the food industry is undergoing a period of significant change. As more and more consumers become aware of the ethical and environmental impacts of traditional diets, the popularity of healthy food options is surging. Here’s why you should consider joining a healthy food franchise…
Over the past few years, an increasing number of consumers have opted to improve their diets. In the food market, the focus has shifted slightly, away from takeaway franchises and convenience foods and towards organic, plant-based meals. Vegetarianism and veganism are on the rise, and more people are concerned about where their food comes from.
To highlight just a couple of statistics; over 54 percent of adults eat five or more portions of fruit and veg a day (gov.uk). And, in the UK, we collectively spend almost £45 million per week on organic products (Forbes). So, it’s clear there’s significant demand for healthy food franchises here in the UK.
Reasons why creating a healthy food franchise unit is a great idea
- More people are becoming health-conscious – There is a whole host of reasons why consumers are putting more thought into their diet and exercise regimes, from government campaigns to the rise of social media. But as a result, healthy food franchises have risen in popularity.
- More people are eating vegetarian and vegan diets – You’ll have probably noticed an increase in the amount of plant-based food options sold in supermarkets, but do you know just how widespread the vegetarian and vegan diets are becoming? Well, in the UK, over a quarter of all evening meals are vegetarian and experts believe a quarter of consumers will uphold vegetarian or vegan diets by 2025. One in three Brits have already reduced their meat consumption or stopped eating meat altogether (Vegan Society).
- People want ‘Instagrammable’ food – Many consumers, particularly the younger generations, like to capture photos of attractive food options and post them to social media. Facebook, Instagram and YouTube provide an outlet for health experts, nutritionists and fitness gurus to promote clean eating, but they’re also great places for others to show off glorious meals.
- There’s a market for healthy food franchises – According to research, over 70 percent of people think health should not be overlooked when it comes to creating a food menu. But, interestingly, just 48 percent of restaurant owners consider healthy dishes (Paymentsense). Consumers are increasingly looking for places they can find healthy and affordable dishes, and in a world full of fast-food outlets, entrepreneurs have the chance to launch a profitable business.
Healthy eating alongside organic, free-from and vegetarian food is no longer a niche market to be profiled at the back end of a supermarket aisle. – Livio Martucci, IRI Director
Healthy food franchise options
1. HUMPIT Hummus
Hummus is a consumer favourite when it comes to the plant-based diet; us Brits can’t get enough of the Middle Eastern delight. HUMPIT Hummus takes advantage of our newfound love of the blended chickpea dish, serving a selection of pitas, falafel, salads, pickles, sauces, juices and – of course – hummus!
- Becoming a HUMPIT Hummus franchisee: This business is on the hunt for regional franchisees all across the UK to bring the brand to their local areas. It offers the chance to operate from small sites with low fit-out and running costs.
- How much you need to invest: If you’re interested in opening a HUMPIT Hummus franchise, an initial investment of £30,000 is required, but the total capital necessary to grow the business will be around £70,000.
- What you get for your investment: When you join HUMPIT Hummus as a franchisee, you can opt to launch a sit-down café or a takeaway site, depending on your chosen location. Whichever model you go for, the franchise team will provide a comprehensive training programme and ongoing support. This will give you everything you need to run your business successfully, from help with site selection to fit-out, product lines and marketing.
>> Read more:
- Healthy food franchises: What are the best opportunities?
- Starting an Organic Food Franchise is a Healthy Choice. Here’s Why.
- Starting a health food shop: A quick guide
- Help People Eat Right With One of These 7 Healthy Food Franchises
- 5 Delicious and Healthy Lebanese Food Franchises in the UK
- Healthy Franchises- Start Your Own!
2. The Avocado Show
Despite only being launched in 2016, The Avocado Show has cultivated an enormous fanbase of eager customers desperate to sample the brand’s unique, avocado-themed menu. Fans created a huge online buzz and camped in front of the first store before it even opened, and to this day, long queues of customers wait to be served.
- Becoming a The Avocado Show franchisee: This restaurant franchise is looking for ambitious entrepreneurs who are ready to create a lasting partnership through mutual goals. To succeed, you’ll need to be business-minded and have an awareness of real estate and labour laws. You should also have a fun, friendly attitude to reflect the brand’s values.
- How much you need to invest: Franchisees should pay £31,000 in franchise fees and be willing to make a total investment of £400,000.
- What you get for your investment: The Avocado Show uses a software system, POS system and online training programme to increase franchisees’ work efficiency. Further information regarding training and facilities will help franchisees to maximise their success as they continue on their Avocado Show journey.
Shoppers are more concerned with the quality, safety and healthiness of the food that they buy, have an intolerance to certain foods or just want to lose weight. – Livio Martucci, IRI Director
Wolf’s business model caters to the demand for affordable food that can be prepared quickly and eaten on the go. Wolf has been in operation since 2015 and offers healthy, Italian street food made from locally sourced ingredients. Wolf prides itself on its high-quality offering; for example, all meat is bought from farms that adhere to high animal welfare standards and is marinated for at least 24 hours.
- Becoming a Wolf franchisee: Your customers will be able to choose from a selection of nutritious, Italian-inspired dishes that can be eaten in, taken away or delivered. Wolf food eliminates the high levels of carbohydrates and saturated fats often associated with Italian cuisine.
- How much you need to invest: Investors can choose to be a standard franchisee or a master franchisee, but a total investment of £200,000 is required to launch a Wolf outlet.
- What you get for your investment: The Italian food franchise was created with the franchisee in mind. New franchises demand low levels of skill but are high-quality operations, so franchisees can sell competitively priced Italian street food from the get-go. In addition to this, strong branding, a four-week intensive training programme, ongoing store support and a marketing plan uniquely developed for the franchise’s specific territory will equip franchisees with all the necessary tools to flourish in this competitive industry.
>> Read more:
Despite the move towards healthy eating, experts believe more than 23 million Brits will be overweight or obese by 2025. LighterLife has decided to do something about this shocking statistic. The franchise has put 30 years of research and experience into developing diet plans giving customers the right combination of protein, fibre, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Becoming a LighterLife franchisee: Your role will be to guide customers as they achieve their ideal weight. You’ll create a realistic plan and set weight maintenance goals. Every week, you’ll be there to support them and recognise any accomplishments – big or small.
- How much you need to invest: LighterLife offers a fairly affordable franchise opportunity, requiring a total investment of just £4,500.
- What you get for your investment: You don’t need any industry experience, as you’ll get the chance to enrol onto a training programme. You’ll be given all the essential tools and knowledge to get your franchise unit up and running in no time. LighterLife’s dedicated coaching website is called ‘The Hub’ and you can log on to it, day or night, to continue your studies. This makes it a flexible learning option.
Continue your franchising journey
To find out more about current investment opportunities, browse our healthy food franchise page. You’ll be able to sort the selection by popularity and initial cost.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©
At a time when people are spending more of their lives indoors, home renovation [...]Article published on 28/09/2020 11:49
If you’ve always been passionate about cosmetics, why not seriously consider starting [...]Article published on 28/09/2020 11:48
Do you want to earn a living working with children as they grow their confidence [...]Article published on 25/09/2020 16:05
Are you thinking about franchising your business or in the initial stages of becoming [...]Article published on 28/09/2020 08:00
START A BUSINESS
Franchising can take away some of the stresses that come with starting your own [...]Article published on 23/09/2020 17:37
LEGAL ISSUES IN FRANCHISING