Interested in running your own business while making a difference to your local community? A career as a healthcare franchisee might be a fantastic fit. In this always-in-demand sector, no two days are the same. Here are four of the top investment opportunities currently available in the UK.
In 2021, many people need the care and support of a trained professional. The healthcare industry is expanding as the population continues to live longer on average, and demand for care services won’t be slowing down anytime soon. So why not start a profitable, meaningful healthcare franchise?
Why start a healthcare franchise?
Starting a franchise in the healthcare sector can be both demanding and rewarding. As a franchisee, you’ll be a part of a ready-made, already successful business, and you’ll receive all the training and support that you need. You’ll benefit from existing brand recognition, a built-in customer base and proven operational guidelines. And, as a healthcare franchisee, you’ll also be helping others and improving lives, often at a low initial investment cost.
Working in healthcare, whether directly or indirectly to another person, you will be changing lives and impacting families. As a healthcare professional, you get to have a fast-paced workday with an ever-changing atmosphere. This type of work environment leaves professionals finishing each day feeling a sense of fulfilment.– Safehands Recruitment
>> Read more:
Four great healthcare franchise opportunities
If investing with a care franchise might be a viable option for you, here are four great places to start...
Caremark is a leading business in its field, offering high standard home care services to clients across the UK. Launched in its current iteration in 2005, with roots going back as far as 1987, Caremark has been growing for a long time, and now has a network of over 100 offices. CEO Kevin Lewis has been involved from the beginning. He first set up a rest home in Brighton, and was invited to diversify into home care in 1993.
- Becoming a Caremark franchisee: You don’t need any specific knowledge or experience to become a Caremark franchisee. You will, however, need a caring attitude, empathy, an interest in working with people and a passion for the care industry. You’ll need to communicate well, have high standards and be willing to take responsibility. Finally, you’ll need ambition, commitment, determination and vision.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with this healthcare business, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £35,000, with total investment costs of £112,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll be entitled to a range of training programmes and support avenues, including a two week in-house initial training course and ongoing business development provisions. Help will be on hand from your dedicated regional support network, and from the highly experienced head office team.
2. Heritage Healthcare
Heritage Healthcare provides home care services, too. It’s a family-run organisation which was established in 2008 by CEO Glenn Pickersgill and Director Sally Pickersgill. The franchise enables customers to be looked after well in the comfort of their own homes. In 2013, Heritage Healthcare entered the world of franchising, offering others the opportunity to get involved and start a franchise with the company.
- Becoming a Heritage Healthcare franchisee: Heritage Healthcare doesn’t list specific requirements for franchisees, but generally, professionals in the healthcare sector should be empathetic, communicative and hard-working team players. They should be positive, caring and confident, and able to make clients feel they’re in safe hands.
- How much you need to invest: To start a Heritage Healthcare franchise, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £35,994, with total investment costs of £95,994 and no franchise fees.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive comprehensive training, including an induction course lasting 10 days. You’ll also receive ongoing support with any problems, and with marketing, staff induction, and business development.
PerCurra is an award-winning home care business offering an extensive range of services. The franchise works with people who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health issues and physical health issues. Established over ten years ago, PerCurra has ensured over the years that its business model is tried, tested and successful, and there’s no better time for franchisees to jump on board.
- Becoming a PerCurra franchisee: PerCurra franchisees would benefit from having experience in the care sector, but this is preferred, rather than essential. Most importantly, PerCurra franchisees must simply be willing to follow the proven system of their franchisor.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with PerCurra, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £20,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £30,000. After two years, your expected revenue as a PerCurra franchisee is an impressive £1,000,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive help with finance, an IT platform, a care staff recruiter, in-territory support, training, materials, systems and all the information and advice that you need.
This family-owned franchise was established in 2014 by Silviu and Cristina, a sibling team. Both founders had experience in social care and nursing, and wanted to put this experience to good use. So, SylvianCare was created. The company offers a professional and personal approach to home care, allowing clients to enjoy maximum independence in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Becoming a SylvianCare franchisee: The ideal SylvianCare franchisee is someone who has previous management experience, preferably. A working knowledge of management accounts and P & L reports will be advantageous in the role. This franchisee will also need to uphold the principles of the franchise.
- How much you need to invest: To become a part of this franchise, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £30,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £62,500.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive advice on finding a premises in your chosen location. You’ll also be helped with your business plan and introduced to funders. Your franchisor will work with you on your application for CQC (Care Quality Commission) registration, as it’s a legal requirement within the sector. You’ll also receive head office training and continued support throughout your franchising journey.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
Become a franchisee in the healthcare sector and combine profit and purpose
At this stage, you should have a clear idea of whether or not investing in the healthcare sector is the right option for you. If you’re ready, take the plunge. If you’re rethinking things, why not browse some highly profitable opportunities from completely different sectors?
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©