If you’ve been paying attention to the franchising industry in the last few years, you’ll already be familiar with the growing rate of van-based franchises in the UK. But what are van-based franchises, what are the advantages of running your own van-based franchise, and what are the best ones in the UK?
Van-based franchises are a new, but rapidly growing part of the UK franchising scene. From food, to coffee, to retail and everything in between, van-based franchises are changing the way many businesses go about working. But what exactly is a van-based franchise and why should you start your own?
What is a van-based franchise?
Partly because of the high costs of starting a fixed premises business, and the shrinking guarantee that ‘real’ business can compete with online businesses, aspiring franchises are increasingly looking towards more mobile solutions to doing business. And it’s here that van-based businesses are making their name.
If you’ve never considered running a van-based franchise business before, maybe now is the time to change your mind. These kinds of businesses have a number of competitive advantages:
- Fewer labour and training costs
- More independent
- More flexibility in how you work
- Independence on where you set up
- Freedom to go where the customers are
- Better accessibility to high footfall events
>> Read more:
Top 3 van-based franchises in the UK
There are lots of van-based franchises in the UK, and with so many of them growing quickly, many of the franchises listed below are always on the lookout for new and ambitious franchisees. Whatever your interests, experience and aspirations, there are lots of directions to take your skills.
1. Agency Express
Agency Express is the UK’s largest and only national estate agency board company with a network of over 117 franchisees. On a daily basis, you’ll be travelling around your operational area with the peace of mind you have no national competitor, you’ll only be working to family-friendly hours and with minimal paperwork.
- Becoming an Agency Express franchisee: You don’t need previous experience or business qualifications, as your training will fully prepare you for running your own business.
- How much you need to invest: The unique Agency Express franchise package requires an investment of £24,500 plus fully claimable VAT, and has been carefully designed to get your business up & running straight away.
- What you get for your investment: After your investment with this award-winning national franchise, you’ll be entitled to the full use of the Agency Express brand support and reputation. On top of this, you’ll also receive 8 days comprehensive training and support from a dedicated team. You’ll be given instruction on some of the administrative and management sides of the business, while never being more than a phone call away from the support and advice of a network of franchisees.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
A turnkey operation, ChipsAway is a leading car repair franchise. As a ChipsAway franchisee, you’ll be working with the franchises’ pioneering and specially-designed SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair process to help customers wherever they may be. If you’re good with your hands and fancy being your own boss, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
- Becoming a ChipsAway franchise: Whether you want job security, want to fit work around the most important people in your life, want to earn more, or just want a more flexible lifestyle, you don’t need any specific car repair experience to run your own van-based franchise.
- How much you need to invest: Your total investment with this franchise business will be £29,995 + VAT, but you can get the ball rolling with a minimum investment of only £15,000 + VAT.
- What you get for your investment: All new franchisees receive all the support and training needed to start a successful paint and bodywork repair business. From technical training, sales and marketing support to business mentoring, there’s plenty of training and support to help you on your way.
Optic-Kleer is the largest windscreen repair company in the UK and, with over 15 years’ experience to its name, this is a franchise with plenty of expertise to share. Repairing windscreens, chips and general damage, Optic-Kleer is always on the lookout for new franchisees. With most repairs done within 20 minutes, no other windscreen repair business can challenge Optic-Kleer’s efficiency.
- Becoming an Optic-Kleer franchise: You don’t need previous window repair experience to start your own Optic-Kleer franchise. This franchise is more interested in applicants with the right skills, such as good business acumen and a willingness to commit to the brand full-time.
- How much you need to invest: Your total investment with Optic-Kleer is £19,950, making it one of the most affordable franchises around.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you will be enrolled in an initial training programme at head office, where you’ll receive plenty of training and support on everything you need to make a success of your business.
Start your own van-based franchise today
Van-based franchises are a great way to get at the heart of some of the UK’s most profitable and exciting sectors. Whatever your experience and specialism, there’s plenty of room for development when you’re running your own franchise business. If you would rather run a franchise business in some of these specific areas, you could have a look at franchise opportunities in the sign franchise, car repair and window repair sectors.
Or, if these aren’t the franchises you were looking for, you could be better off consulting the UK franchise directory. You will be able to filter through the different sectors and specifics to find the right franchise opportunity for you. There are also plenty of different franchising resources to help you develop your skills. You can have a look at some of the frequently asked questions about franchising, or have a look at what exactly a franchisee does.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©