Juice bars have quietly become one of the UK’s most popular drinking spots. High streets up and down the UK are jam-packed with juice bars, meaning that this growing sector is always on the lookout for new people to take these ambitious franchises forward.
Although every sector has been impacted by the pandemic, franchises are turning their attention to the future - and juice bar franchises are no different. In the years leading to 2020, juice bar franchises have been experiencing unprecedented levels of growth, and they’re keen to get back to their former heights.
In a sector that’s on the up once again, why not consider starting a juice bar franchise?
The industry performed strongly over the two years through 2018-19 due to growing health consciousness boosting demand for the healthy and convenient products offered by industry operators.
What is a juice bar franchise?
>> Read more:
If you were considering taking on a new challenge, there are countless advantages to starting your own juice bar franchise. This multi-million pound sector employs thousands of people in more than 300 stores [Ibis World], meaning that if you really want to reap the advantages of this thriving industry, it’s time to make a move.
Juice bar franchises offer a wide range of healthy drinks. There is no limit to the flavours, fruits and combinations these franchise businesses offer, and as Brits start paying more attention to having balanced and healthy diets, these businesses have boomed.
- On a daily basis, you can expect to be:
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Upholding very high standards
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Recruiting new team members
- Networking with other franchisees
- Attending training and development courses
Why start a juice bar franchise?
While thousands of people dream of starting their own businesses, only a small percentage ever do. While it might not always seem like now is the best time to start a business, franchising is an excellent way of enjoying all the benefits that come with being a business owner - and all while minimising many of the most common costs.
From excellent job security to ongoing training and career development and a whole lot of profits along the way, franchising gives you all the rewards of running your own juice bar franchise.
Top 3 juice bar franchises in the UK
1. Centenary Lounge
Inspired by the art deco ambiance of the 1930s, Centenary Lounge is an award-winning, unique collection of destination venues serving amazing menus and cocktail elegance. Serving thousands of customers around the country, the franchise’s inspiring staff are passionate about providing outstanding quality food and traditional customer service in beautiful, nostalgic art deco-inspired settings that recapture all the glamour and style of the 1930s.
- Becoming a Centenary Lounge franchisee: The Ideal Centenary Lounge franchise is a dynamic individual who is committed to developing a franchise business of their own, and has a good understanding of how to manage staff and deliver excellent results.
- How much will you need to invest: You will need to make a minimum investment of around £75,000 and a total investment somewhere in the region of £150,000. You will also need to pay franchising fees of around £15,000 + VAT.
- What training and support is on offer: There is a huge amount of training and support on offer to franchisees. From an initial 4-week training programme, you can look to your franchisor to help with advertising for and recruiting staff, providing full initial and ongoing staff training, and ensuring you are set up for staff payroll and HMRC requirements. You will also be supported when it comes to searching for the right location, shop fit and design, marketing and operations.
Shakeaway is the world’s largest MilkShake Bar company and the original re-inventor of the milkshake, shaking since 1999. With stores all over the world, this fast-growing franchise is widely loved across the country - opportunities don’t get bigger than this.
- Becoming a Shakeaway franchisee: Shakeaway knows that not every highly skilled franchisee comes from the same background. What matters most are skills, so as long as you come equipped with all the right skills, excellent business sense and the necessary confidence, you could still be the ideal franchisee for Shakeaway.
- How much will you need to invest: You will need to make a minimum investment of around £40,000 and a total investment of around £100,000. Franchising fees are around £25,000.
- What training and support is on offer: From social media to having a premier website and marketing, there is plenty of training on offer for you once you’ve signed on the dotted line.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
3. Smoothie Factory
Smoothie Factory is a popular, and fast growing international retailer of real fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, authentic frozen yoghurt, and healthy light foods. With 25 years of experience under its belt, and with operations in more than 20 countries, this is a juice bar franchise that has been there and done that.
- Becoming a Smoothie Factory franchisee: This opportunity is ideal for those who want an expanded role beyond single or multi-store developments as well as a larger income potential through sub-franchising.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of around £75,000 and a total investment of £100,000 to become a franchise. Don’t forget to keep in mind franchising fees of around £15,000.
- What training and support is on offer: The franchise’s initial and ongoing support sets Smoothie Factory apart from other brands. Its international support team helps area developer franchisees partners track key performance indicators, solve operational challenges, boost performance, and much more.
Become a franchisee today
There are hundreds of franchises operating in sectors across the economy, and while the three listed above are some of the leaders in the juice bar sector, there are many others working in other sectors. Have a look at the UK franchise directory to find an opportunity that suits you.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©