If you love working with kids and you’re a fitness fiend, why not combine your passions with the excitement of running your own business? Starting a children’s fitness franchise with My Gym could tick all of your boxes and see you achieving speedy success and profitability. Read on, and discover everything you need to know in order to launch a My Gym children’s gym of your own.
Before the age of 18, parents will spend around £28,000 on their kids’ extracurriculars and activities [GK and Partners]. There are many parents in the UK willing to cover the costs of keeping their kids active and happy. This means that as the owner of a children’s gym franchise, you’ll enjoy plenty of demand. Plus, you’ll be making a career change with a gym franchise that operates within a niche, and your competition will be reduced as a result.
>> Read more:
- These 5 Children's Businesses Make Running Your Own Business Feel Like Fun and Games
- Top Five Entertaining Kids Franchises
- Start Healthy Habits Early by Teaching Cooking Classes for Kids
- Top 6 Baby Franchises in the UK
- Q&A: Does Waterbabies Franchise in the UK?
- How to Make a Career Change With a Childcare Franchise
- How to Become a Childcare Provider
Does My Gym franchise in the UK?
For lovers of fun and fitness, it will be welcome news to hear that yes, My Gym does franchise in the UK. My Gym franchise opportunities fall into three categories, with cost of investment ranging between these categories: Standard gym (the fitness franchise’s “flagship model”, compact gym (the company’s “newest offering”, ideal “for smaller markets”) and mobile gym (bringing the experience “directly to children in your community”, doing good on the go).
Since 1983, My Gym has empowered kids to have a positive self-image with award-winning programmes that nurture them to become healthy adults. And since 1994, we’ve empowered passionate business owners like you to make a living while making a difference in their communities.
- My Gym
The history of My Gym children’s fitness
My Gym was first founded all the way back in 1983, by Yacov and Susi Sherman. From day one, the goal was “to create an environment where children feel loved and supported so their self-esteem and confidence can flourish” [My Gym]. In the past near-forty years, My Gym has accomplished this goal and a huge amount more, becoming a well-recognised global brand. In 1995, My Gym started franchising, and in 2008, My Gym started franchising internationally, bringing amazing opportunities in children’s fitness to the shores of the UK.
Today, My Gym offers customers a wide range of options out of its 700+ locations across the globe, from fitness classes to birthday parties to summer camps. As the company describes it, it’s all about teaching kids in an exciting, engaging environment, and children of all abilities can thrive at a My Gym location. The franchise is looking to continue its expansion and keep achieving its mission in 2022, welcoming “fun-loving franchisees, area developers and master franchisees” alike.
Start a franchise in the fitness sector with a My Gym business
If everything you’ve learned so far about My Gym has left you keen to get stuck in with the ever-expanding network, keep reading. The three questions answered below will tell you everything you need to know in order to make a fully informed franchise investment with the hugely popular global children’s fitness brand...
1. How do you go about becoming a My Gym franchisee?
Having completed your initial research, you can get the ball rolling with My Gym by contacting the franchise directly on its dedicated franchise website. Note, before you do, that My Gym franchisees don’t necessarily need previous experience working with children or working in the fitness sector. Instead, they’ll need sales and marketing experience, along with all of the following:
- A passion for working with children
- Strong leadership skills
- Dedication and resilience
- A working knowledge of the English language
- A willingness to follow and implement the proven My Gym model
- A commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Enough capital to financially support the investment
My Gym's state-of-the-art facility, extensively trained staff, award-winning class programmes, excellent student/teacher ratio, and membership-based model have never been duplicated… but they can be replicated.
- My Gym
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Running a Sports, Fitness or Gym Franchise
- The Best Around-The-Clock Fitness Franchises in the UK
- How to Start Your Own Outdoor Fitness Business
- Q&A: Does Planet Fitness Franchise in the UK?
- Sector Spotlight: The CEOs Whipping the Sports, Fitness, and Gym Industry Into Tip-Top Shape
- 6 Tips for Building a Business Plan for a Successful Sports, Fitness, or Gym Franchise
2. How much do you need to invest?
The cost of becoming a franchisee with My Gym will depend largely on the type of investment you make, as touched on above. A mobile My Gym will require you to have around £40,000 in capital, while startup costs for a standard gym-style My Gym might reach upwards of £180,000. You’ll also need to account for franchise fees between £20,000-50,000, once again dependent on the type of investment.
3. What do you get for your investment?
My Gym is not only committed to nurturing and enriching children’s lives, we put the same dedication into developing our franchisees’ businesses around the world. Site selection support and hands-on pre- and post-opening guidance are just the beginning.
- My Gym
My Gym is there for its franchisees at every step of the way, and if you choose to invest with the franchise, you can be sure you’re in safe hands. After all, the franchisor has been able to successfully replicate the My Gym experience in over 25 different countries! Here’s a brief rundown of the extensive range of support that you’ll receive from My Gym as a franchisee:
- Site selection and buildout support
- Pre-training online brand immersion
- Formal in-person training
- Pre-opening marketing (for four to six months prior to launch)
- Opening week assistance (the team will be onsite with you for 8-10 days)
- Staff training provision on a weekly basis, “including safety reminders and spotting techniques”
- Ongoing training and support provision “for the life of your franchise agreement”
- Friendliness and support from the entire My Gym franchise community
Start a My Gym mobile gym today and thrive in the fitness space
If you’d love to start your own My Gym franchise, you’re hopefully now equipped with all the information you’ll need to make that happen. If you love fitness but you’re still on the fence about My Gym, check out other fitness franchise investment opportunities on Point Franchise, like 9Round and Fitness Rush. Or, if you’d love to work with kids but you’re still on the fence about My Gym, check out other children’s franchise investment opportunities on Point Franchise, like SportsCool and Popcat’s Music Time.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©