9Round franchiseKnockout return on investment
The ultimate 30-minute, total body, kickboxing circuit training! Low investment: open 3 gyms for the price of one traditional gym & enjoy knockout returns.
dependent on site
6% + member fees
Average floor space:
1,500 sq ft
Established in 2008, with over 600+ clubs in 15+ countries, 9Round is a global leader in the boutique fitness space. Our first club opened in the UK in 2014 , we’re have 15 clubs trading and more in the pipeline to open very soon. It’s time to become part of a stronger fitness franchise.
Why are we different?
- Boutique gyms have seen a boom but for some they are fearful of going to them. We’re on a mission to to be the most inclusive boutique fitness community, one that supports members in living stronger and healthier lives
- Our brand is designed to appeal to those who have found traditional gyms don’t work for them or want to increase the intensity of the fitness regime, focused on helping them feel Stronger in 30. This makes your acquisition, retention and member culture building easier
- We promote an truly supportive atmosphere. 1:1 guidance comes with every membership, without the added expense of a Personal Trainer. Our trainers know members by name and support them in their progress
- There are no set session times, members simply turn up when works for them. 9 rounds, 3 minutes each, 30 seconds rest, all completed in just over 30 minutes.
- We ensure high specification, modern gym designs to achieve a high value perception for our membership price
- We have value-adding technology. We’ve partnered with Myzone, using their heart rate tracker elevates the in club experience, connecting to the screen to track performance in session.
Training and support provided
Partnership is integral to how we work with our franchisees – and how we continue to develop the 9Round brand.
We give all our franchisees the support needed to get started, grow and thrive. And we provide all the tools needed to deliver a great service for members.
- Planning & finance: Access to funding opportunities through partnerships with leading lenders
- Property: In-house property experts to help you find and develop the right sites
- Recruitment & training: Our recruitment partners specialise in fitness and ensure access to the best candidates available. You get access to comprehensive, best in class training for yourself and your staff members
- Pre-sale & launch: Brand marketing support and continued coaching putting you on the front foot
- Personal contact: A Franchisee Business Manager to ensure you have the insight and support to operate your business effectively
- Ongoing growth: We provide continued operations, coaching and marketing support. You can join as a multi-club owner or we’ll help you work towards this in 2-3 years
- Member analytics: Innovative back-end technology gives you insight into member behaviour and needs
The ideal 9Round franchisee
We’re seeking ambitious, forward thinking and service-oriented Franchise Partners who share our mission and want to play a role in the booming global interest in health and wellness. Those who see the commercial opportunity in making boutique clubs more accessible, supporting members in achieving realistic and sustainable fitness goals.
We offer you a relatively low up-front investment approximately one-third of a traditional gym franchise, the opportunity for a fast ROI in just 2-3 years, and a clear path to long-term, sustainable growth. With the backing of our global network, you’ll get the expert support, technology, training and tools you need to build your business.
So, whether you’re looking to expand or diversify your existing portfolio or turn your passion for fitness into a profitable career, a 9Round franchise is the future you’ve been looking for.
- Lower investment: Easily accessible and rapidly scalable.
- Smaller units: 9Round clubs are 1,000-1,500 sq ft, providing the ability to open units in prime locations, otherwise inaccessible to the competition.
- Minimal equipment: No need for costly equipment leasing and maintenance associated with traditional gyms.
- Ease of operation: Small team to manage the club floor, removing the need for a complex rota and personnel management.
- Daily workouts: Easy to follow, pre-defined workouts allowing team to focus on driving the commercials of the business and member community.
9Round was established by US kickboxers, Shannon and Heather Hudson in 2008. It was founded on recognising the need to create a fitness concept that works for the busy lives we all now lead. A quick 30 minute workout, based on the fundamentals of their professional sports training with a focus on helping to makes members stronger in 30, physically & mentally.
They have grown the business through a franchise model to 600+ clubs in 15+ countries. Lift Brands is a shareholder in 9Round and we run the UK and Ireland business, leveraging the global infrastructure of sister brand, Snap Fitness.
Hear what our franchisees say:
Get in touch with the 9Round team for an initial conversation to discuss your goals and the right approach for you.
Following this you’ll be provided with an in depth Investment Pack and information on available territories.
You’ll also meet with the dedicated UK head office team and a visit to one of our clubs to further understand the competitive advantages a 9Round franchise offers.
Shakeel, his father Shafiq and brother Zahed are experienced, successful franchisees, having grown their family-owned pizza delivery franchise to 23 outlets in 13 years. Shakeel says: "We wanted to diversify our family business into the fitness sector because we are passionate about it – Zahed is a qualified personal trainer and I like working out.”
Figures from 2019 showed that the number of UK gyms was growing - and the trend is for smaller studios specialising in high intensity interval training (HIIT) and boxing-based fitness. Shakeel says: "As 9Round offers kick-box-based 30-minute full-body HIIT workouts, we considered it a good potential investment.”
The family did a trial workout at a 9Round club before investing. "We were impressed by the on-site trainer and manager. Head office supplies new workout routines to trainers daily, so we could see the attraction for gym users," says Shakeel.
The family also liked the fact that it's possible to open three sites for the price of opening one traditional gym (around £250,000). Breakeven is typically within three to four months and you can see a full ROI within two years. Finding sites is easier because at 1,000 to 1,500 sq ft, 9Round gyms are smaller than traditional gyms.
"We also found the 9Round UK leadership team very knowledgeable about the fitness industry and keen to help us get started," Shakeel says.
The family have invested in three 9Round gyms in the London area. The first site opened in February 2020.
As a business analyst Pratik Patel knows how to spot a good investment, so when he and his wife wanted to set up their own business, they chose the 9Round Fitness Franchise Opportunity.
Pratik initially looked at joining a 9Round as a member. ”We soon realised that 9Round would make a great investment," he says. Alongside two other business partners they decided to opt for the multi-club approach and now have five clubs within the London region.
"9Round clubs are smaller than traditional gyms, so it's easier to find sites, and the investment required is lower, starting around £115,000 a club," says Pratik.
"It's our first venture into business together and it's great experience. We have reduced the risk by investing in several sites, and the 9Round franchise head office team is exceptionally supportive. I come from a family that has always run its own businesses, but I knew little about the fitness sector or franchising, and 9Round has supported us all the way.”
Pratik says: "It was great to get in at the beginning of 9Round's UK expansion. It’s been exciting to break new ground and you get direct interaction with the UK Office, who are always keen to help you make a success of your business. It was this approach that convinced it was the right to expand from three to five clubs.”
"I have a good job in financial services so I could have just banked my savings, but I wanted the rewards of running my own business and could not let the 9Round opportunity pass by."
Latest news from
9Round parent company acquires Snap Fitness
9Round’s parent company, Lift Brands, has reacquired Snap Fitness in the UK and Ireland from Master Rights. Thanks to the [...]Read more
9Round welcomes new CFO
9Round has announced the introduction of its new Chief Financial Officer, Timothy Walker. The gym franchise, which offers workout [...]Read more
9Round branch in Virginia prepares for New Year’s...
9Round’s Charlottesville location in Virginia is getting ready to help customers achieve their New Year goals during the Covid-19 [...]Read more
9Round launches on-demand tutorial service
9Round has introduced a new on-demand service providing handy tutorials for kickboxing fanatics. The gym franchise, which is now the [...]Read more
9Round franchisee notices uptake before lockdown
A 9Round franchisee in Canada has spoken about how customers have dealt with fitness goals during lockdown. Erica Lynn, who runs 9Round [...]Read more
9Round Air Force Veteran franchisee tells his story
An Air Force veteran who invested in the 9Round franchise has explained how he found the motivation to keep pushing forward through the [...]Read more