If you’d like to make a profitable and rewarding franchise investment in 2022, investing with a home care franchise is a great option. Home care is a thriving sub-sector of the healthcare market, and demand only looks set to increase in the coming years. Read on, and discover everything you need to know if you’d like to start your own home care business this year.
As of 2020, over 800,000 people in England alone were receiving domiciliary care [National Audit Office]. This figure has grown since, and continues to heading into 2022. The population of the UK is aging, older people are living longer, and more people are in need of care than ever. If you’re looking to combine rewarding, meaningful work with true profitability and endless scalability, you might well be looking to make a career change with a home care franchise.
The caregiving industry in 2022
As touched on above, there are many, many people currently requiring home care services across the UK. The figures for England are close to a million, with almost as many carers working in the sector - 715,000 as of figures from 2019/2020 [Skills for Care]. March 2022 will mark a year since prime minister Boris Johnson announced a 10-year plan for the social care sector and acknowledged the need for reform to meet growing demand.
In short, caregiving in 2022 is undeniably a growth industry and there will definitely be room for your investment to thrive if you’re able to run your home care franchise effectively and efficiently, standing out from the competition. Here are some of the top home care sector trends of 2022, worth paying attention to as you launch your business:
- Technology-enabled care
- Remote health monitoring
- More people interested in working in the industry/available to recruit than ever
- Increased government funding and support (as mentioned above)
- Regenerating levels of client confidence in utilising home care services post-COVID
>> Read more:
The future of the home care sector for those planning to start a caregiving franchise
Further on from current caregiving trends and current client figures, we can see the longer-term future of the home care sector - and it’s good news if your heart is set on becoming a caregiver. Home care is the type of growth industry that, unlike many others, is largely recession-proof. People need these services as a matter of essentiality, and even when corners have to be cut, they will avoid cutting services like these if they’re at all able.
It’s predicted that, when compared to 2018, 57% more adults over 65 in England will require home care by 2038 [Department of Health and Social Care]. In adults aged between 18 and 64, that increase will stand at around 29% [National Audit Office]. If you choose to start your own home care franchise in the next few years, you’ll not only benefit from the surge - you’ll also be actively supporting and improving your local community, providing important services to those in need and helping people to maintain their independence for as long as possible.
The biggest advantages of running a home care franchise in 2022
There are so many different advantages to running a home care franchise, many of which have already been touched upon. Healthy, rising demand is a big one. As is the chance to do meaningful work each day. But even beyond these two giant benefits, there are many more reasons to make life as the owner of a home care franchise your next professional adventure:
- Entering the homecare sector via franchising will incur less risk than going it alone
- Low cost (but highly scalable) investment options will be readily available to you
- You’ll always be able to turn to your franchisor for training, support and guidance
- You’ll benefit from your franchise’s existing brand name, reputation and customer base
- You’ll enjoy a varied, dynamic and never boring working life
- You’ll have endless room to grow and develop your business in a supported format
>> Read more:
Franchising opportunities in the home care sector
Sure about the sector that interests you but wondering how to choose the right home care franchise for you? Point Franchise has you covered. As a jumping-off point, here are just a couple of the top home care franchises in the UK right now, ready and waiting for your investment...
Established over 10 years ago, PerCurra is an award-winning home care business offering an extensive range of services. The franchise works with people who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health issues and physical health issues.
- Becoming a PerCurra franchisee: You’d benefit from having experience in the care sector, but this is preferred, rather than essential. Most importantly, PerCurra franchisees must be willing to follow the proven system of the franchisor.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £20,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £30,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive help with finance, an IT platform, a care staff recruiter, in-territory support, training, materials, systems and all the information and advice that you need.
This family-owned franchise was established in 2014 by Silviu and Cristina, a sibling team. Both founders had experience in social care and nursing and wanted to put this experience to good use, creating SylvianCare’s professional and personal approach to home care.
- Becoming a SylvianCare franchisee: You should have previous management experience. Working knowledge of management accounts and profit and loss reports would also be beneficial. Plus, you should be ready and willing to follow SylvianCare’s proven systems.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £30,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £62,500.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive advice on site sourcing, business planning and applying for funding. Your franchisor will work with you on your CQC registration application, and you’ll also receive head office training and ongoing support.
Start running your own business with a caregiving franchise today
If running a franchise in the homecare sector is definitely right up your street, there are many different options that might take your fancy, from Apollo Care to Heritage Healthcare. Browse the wide range of available home care franchise investment opportunities on Point Franchise, or check out more content about running your own successful home care business, like these home care franchise marketing tips and these home care franchise business plan tips.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©