If you’re looking to become your own boss and work in a profitable, valuable and rewarding sector, why not start your own home care franchise? Home care is a growing sector of the healthcare industry in the UK, and running a home care franchise would see you truly helping others while enjoying all the freedoms of business ownership. Here are some of the best home care franchise opportunities currently open to your investment.
Working within a caregiving business is uniquely rewarding. If you’re a giving person who loves to derive real meaning from their work, you’ll find a great deal of value in this industry, making a difference to lives in your local community. Pursuing a career change with a healthcare franchise that offers home care makes financial sense, too, as demand is high. Around a million people currently receive domiciliary care in the UK [homecare.co.uk].
What is a home care business?
Before you begin to explore some of the top homecare franchises in the UK, it’s important that you can first be certain home care is the right sector of industry for you. Home care businesses, also known as domiciliary care business, provide care services to patients in their own homes. This sub-sector of healthcare is essential, particularly for older people looking to retain as much normality and freedom as they can. As a home care franchise owner, you will:
- Manage a team of carers
- Communicate with clients about their needs or the needs of their loved ones
- Maintain high standards of care and customer service
- Support the physical and mental wellbeing of your patients
- Administer and/or distribute medications
- Manage your franchise’s day-to-day operations and processes
- Market your franchise
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and developments
>> Read more:
The 4 top franchises in the home care industry
1. Heritage Healthcare
Heritage Healthcare provides home care services, too. It’s a family-run organisation which was established in 2008 by CEO Glenn Pickersgill and Director Sally Pickersgill. The franchise enables customers to be looked after well in the comfort of their own homes.
- Becoming a Heritage Healthcare franchisee: Heritage Healthcare doesn’t list specific requirements for franchisees, but generally, professionals in the healthcare sector should be empathetic, communicative and hard-working team players. They should be positive, caring and confident, and able to make clients feel they’re in safe hands.
- How much you need to invest: To start a Heritage Healthcare franchise, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £35,994, with total investment costs of £95,994 and no franchise fees.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive comprehensive training, including an induction course lasting 10 days. You’ll also receive ongoing support with any problems, and with marketing, staff induction, and business development.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
Established over 10 years ago, PerCurra is an award-winning home care business offering an extensive range of services. The franchise works with people who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health issues and physical health issues.
- Becoming a PerCurra franchisee: PerCurra franchisees would benefit from having experience in the care sector, but this is preferred, rather than essential. Most importantly, PerCurra franchisees must simply be willing to follow the proven system of their franchisor.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with PerCurra, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £20,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £30,000. After two years, your expected revenue as a PerCurra franchisee is an impressive £1,000,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive help with finance, an IT platform, a care staff recruiter, in-territory support, training, materials, systems and all the information and advice that you need.
Caremark is a leading business in its field, offering high-standard home care services to clients across the UK. Launched in its current iteration in 2005 with roots going back as far as 1987, Caremark now has a network of over 100 offices.
- Becoming a Caremark franchisee: You don’t need any specific knowledge or experience to become a Caremark franchisee. You will, however, need a caring attitude, empathy, an interest in working with people and a passion for the care industry. You’ll need to communicate well, have high standards and be willing to take responsibility. Finally, you’ll need ambition, commitment, determination and vision.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with this healthcare business, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £35,000, with total investment costs of £112,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll be entitled to a range of training programmes and support avenues, including a two week in-house initial training course and ongoing business development provisions. Help will be on hand from your dedicated regional support network, and from the highly experienced head office team.
This family-owned franchise was established in 2014 by Silviu and Cristina, a sibling team. Both founders had experience in social care and nursing, and wanted to put this experience to good use, creating SylvianCare’s professional and personal approach to home care.
- Becoming a SylvianCare franchisee: The ideal SylvianCare franchisee is someone who has previous management experience, preferably. Working knowledge of management accounts and P & L reports will be advantageous in the role. This franchisee will also need to uphold the principles of the franchise.
- How much you need to invest: To become a part of this franchise, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £30,000, with franchise fees of £10,000 and a total investment cost of £62,500.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive advice on finding a premises in your chosen location. You’ll also be helped with your business plan and introduced to funders. Your franchisor will work with you on your application for CQC (Care Quality Commission) registration, as it’s a legal requirement within the sector. You’ll also receive head office training and continued support throughout your franchising journey.
Start a home care franchise today and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business
You should now have a better understanding of the wide range of opportunities available to you in the home care sub-sector. If you’d like to explore other personal care services franchise networks, there are amazing options at all ends of the spectrum, from tutoring with Boost Education to funeral directing with Full Circle Funerals.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©