As summers get hotter and the British public get warmer, demand for air conditioning services is rising in the UK. The growing industry is full of low to reasonable cost investment opportunities, and it’s a great time to get involved. Here are three great options of air conditioning franchises operating and thriving in the UK right now.
If you’re interested in working for a home services business that makes life easier and more comfortable for people across the country, you might be the perfect franchisee for an air conditioning company.
Why start an air conditioning franchise?
As touched upon, demand is on the increase in the air conditioning industry. In 2018, for example, 8.4 million air conditioning units were sold across Europe, up 11% from the previous year. More than 200,000 of these were sold in the UK. [Wired]. Beyond the numbers continuing to rise, there are a few other advantages to franchising in this sector, including:
- Flexibility and mobility - Many businesses within the air conditioning sector are mobile or van based franchises. This means that as a franchisee, you’ll have the flexibility to travel to where the work is, rather than reducing your customer pool by making them come to you.
- Reduced costs - Similarly, being van based and on-the-go means that you don’t need to pay costly overheads for things like rent and utilities, as you would need to for an office based franchising opportunity.
- Brand recognition - If you join a recognised franchise with a good reputation, you’ll gain instant trust and loyalty from customers, speeding up the time it takes for you to experience success and profit considerably.
>> Read more:
3 great air conditioning franchise opportunities
If you’re looking to find a suitable franchise opportunity within the HVAC sector, here are three great options to consider...
Envirovent was established in 1997 by Frank Farmer, a specialist producer of condensation control units. The air conditioning franchise manufactures and supplies energy efficient and sustainable ventilation products. Since its inception, the franchise has grown at a substantial rate, forming partnerships with various organisations in the industry.
- Becoming a Envirovent franchisee: No previous experience is required to become a Envirovent franchisee, but the business is looking for partners with the drive to manage and run their own ventilation franchise. Ideally, an Envirovent franchisee would also possess a good sense of business judgement, solid communication skills, the ability to maintain a client base, and a great passion for sales.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with this air conditioning business you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £19,950. After two years as an Envirovent franchisee, your revenue is expected to be around £100,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment with the franchise, you’ll be entitled to a comprehensive training programme, an exclusive operational territory, product samples and demonstration units, top-of-the-line products, bespoke web-based software and support with marketing and sales.
Pirtek, founded by Peter Duncan, began its life in Australia. Peter turned his garage into a successful, thriving franchise, and by the 80s, the first Pirtek franchise had been successfully established in the UK. Now, Pirtek is a recognised industry leader when it comes to the provision of emergency hydraulic services, able to solve your vehicle’s air conditioning issues no matter the cause.
- Becoming a Pirtek franchisee: While no specific experience or qualification is required to open a Pirktek franchise, you’ll need to be able to take on a leadership role, managing a team of technician engineers. You’ll also need passion for what you do, and the ability to provide excellent services with commitment and enthusiasm, always following the proven methods set out by Pirtek.
- How much you need to invest: To become a Pirtek franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £70,000, reaching £100,000 for larger operators.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment with the air conditioning franchise, you’ll be provided with extensive training via a programme that takes place over two to four weeks. This programme will focus on administration and staff training and recruitment.
3. Aire Serv
Aire Serv is known globally for its renowned maintenance and repair services, covering air conditioning, heating and refrigeration. Founded in 2001 by Michael Clifford, it wasn’t long before the brand was acquired by global franchising company, The Dwyer Group. The group's service brands include Drain Doctor, Countrywide Grounds Maintenance and Bright & Beautiful, and franchisees within these brands regularly reach a turnover of over £1 million.
- Becoming an Aire Serv franchisee: To become an Aire Serv franchisee, you’ll need to choose between two different avenues. Make this choice based on your preferences, and your existing skills and experiences. If you have an HVAC background, for example, you’ll be able to join Aire Serv as a technician. If you have a business background with managerial experience, however, you’ll be able to join as a manager, employing and organising technicians.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with Aire Serv, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £11,400, with total investment costs of £38,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment with the franchise, you’ll be entitled to training focused on marketing, sales, operational systems and business planning. You’ll also have access to ongoing training opportunities, and throughout your time with Aire Serv, you’ll receive plenty of support, including help with launching and growing your business, and access to state-of-the-art research and development.
>> Read more:
Start an HVAC franchise and enjoy running your own business today
Armed with all the information (and a range of options), you should now have a good idea of whether or not investing in an air conditioning franchise is the right move for you. If you’re interested in providing home care services as a franchisee, but the HVAC sector doesn’t feel like the right fit, browse a range of personal and home care opportunities. Find out what’s out there!
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©