If you’re highly experienced in a certain trade and have dreamed of being your own boss, starting a construction franchise may be a good option for you. There are plenty of opportunities for business-oriented individuals who can manage a team – especially in the building industry. Today, we consider the top eight construction business opportunities in the UK.
In 2018, the construction industry contributed £117 billion to the UK economy. Construction-related employment is at a record high, providing 2.4 million jobs to the British public. It’s also thought that the global construction market will grow by $8 trillion to reach $15.5 trillion by 2030. Today, we learn more about the viability of the industry and then present the top construction franchise opportunities in the UK.
Construction can be categorised into three main sectors. These are commercial, residential and infrastructure. These sectors are further split into new-build, and refurbishment and maintenance. It’s an even playing field at the moment because although people are living in their properties longer and choosing to improve their homes rather than move, there has also been an increase in new housing orders.
>> Read more:
Reasons why starting a construction business is a great idea
1. Work opportunities for everyone’s skillset or passions
If you’re after a desk job or something more hands on, there’s something for everyone in the construction industry. From plasterers and bricklayers to engineers and surveyors, there are endless possibilities for work within a building site.
2. The construction industry doesn’t run out of jobs
While construction jobs do tend to last for a certain period of time, there are always going to be new buildings coming up that need a team of trusty workers.
3. Make a difference in your local community
Whether it’s offices, commercial premises or residential buildings, the new building is going to make a lasting impression. In particular, if you play a part in the building of a hospital or school, you know that you’ve contributed to individuals getting access to healthcare or an education.
Top 8 construction business opportunities in the UK
If you’re intrigued by what construction franchise opportunities are currently on the market, read on to find out more…
1. Daniel Moquet Driveway Designer
This franchise is the biggest name in the landscaping industry in France. It’s been designing driveways, paths and patios since 1990. Daniel Moquet Driveway Designer’s 225 branches boast a 98 percent success rate.
- Becoming a Daniel Moquet Driveway Designer franchisee: Visit its profile page to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum of £40,000 and a total of £250,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll have access to a comprehensive pe-launch training programme that covers 20 days of shadowing, six weeks of training and four weeks of on-site assistance.
2. All Trades Network
As the leading building repair network in the country, All Trades Network offers reinstatement services for commercial and domestic clients, as well as for insurance companies. Because All Trades Network has access to such a wide range of professionals with diverse skills, it can restore a property following natural calamity damage or provide clients with a complete makeover.
- Becoming an All Trades Network franchisee: This is one of the best franchises to own if you want to work in the home development sector but would prefer to take on more of a managerial role. You could be perfect for this franchise opportunity if you have strong business skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good relationships with a network of clients.
- How much you need to invest: On a day-to-day basis, you’d be responsible for managing your tradesmen and ensuring that your clients receive excellent customer service. A total investment of £35,000 is needed to buy an All Trades Network franchise.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll take part in a week’s worth of training at the head office in Blackburn. Training packages will be tailored to your previous experience and existing skills.
Did you know? In 2018, the construction industry contributed £117 billion to the UK economy.
3. Trend Transformations
Home improvement franchises such as Trend Transformations is a globally recognised brand and has built a reputation as the leading tile makeover company in the UK and beyond. Rather than having to put up with the cost and dust of having a new bathroom or kitchen fitted, Trend Transformations can install durable, simple and attractive tiles over existing furnishings.
- Becoming a Trends Transformations franchisee: There's a franchise package to suit everyone. You need to be ambitious, committed and determined to make your business a success. Visit its profile page to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: The cost to invest in this franchise depends on your budget and circumstances. If you’d like to open a showroom at a garden centre, the franchise fee starts at £25,000. However, if you've got your sights set on running a more extensive retail showroom on the high street, the initial fee increases to £42,000.
- What you get for your investment: Once you’re a franchisee, Trend Transformations will support you to make the most out of this lucrative market. You’ll receive comprehensive training, an exclusive territory, technical and commercial support, finance management and PR support. So that you also maintain a professional and quality service, you’ll be given branded stationery, uniforms and product brochures.
4. Concept Building Solutions
Offering a slightly different take on a construction franchise, Concept Building Solutions specialises in repairing properties after making a claim. The claims process is managed on behalf of the customer from start to finish, reducing stress and speeding up the restoration of homes and businesses up and down the country. The claims management franchise assesses property damage and then provides a quote and work schedule. The proposed plan of action is then agreed with the customer’s insurance company or appointed loss adjuster. Repairs are then carried out by Concept’s local contractor base so that work can start as quickly as possible.
- Becoming a Concept Building Solutions franchisee: If you’re interested in becoming a Concept Building Solutions franchisee, you should have the skills to project manage and the ability to develop relationships. Visit its profile page to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll also need to make an investment of £32,995 plus VAT and have working capital to finance your business until you make a profit.
Magicman is a dominant force in the UK kitchen market, but it also provides bathroom and general home repair services. The franchise was established in 1993 and specialises in hard surface repairs. It renovates different types of surfaces and can repair numerous materials. This makes it ideally suited to kitchen-based work.
- Becoming a Magicman franchisee: Franchisees can benefit from the opportunity to sell their products and services to a wide range of clients and customers. These include homeowners, hotels, builders, tradesmen, kitchen fitters and even cruise lines. All franchisees need to be energetic, passionate and able communicators. Visit its profile page to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: Franchisees will need to raise approximately £25,000 and can borrow up to 60 percent of this amount from a mainstream lender.
- What you get for your investment: Once you’re on board, you’ll be enrolled onto a comprehensive training programme and receive all the assistance necessary to launch your new business.
6. More than Loft Ladders
Launched in Bolton in 2007, More than Loft Ladders is a construction franchise that installs loft ladders and hatches in homes throughout Lancashire.
- Becoming a More than Loft Ladders franchisee: If you’re a talented and motivated individual, you’re encouraged to apply. Visit its website to learn more and sign up.
- What you get for your investment: You can operate under a national brand made up of local, trusted business owners.
>> Read more:
Aspray is recognised as one of the UK’s franchise leaders in the property claims handling industry. It specialises in building repairs and insurance claims management, bridging the gap between the claimant and insurer during negotiations.
- Becoming an Aspray franchisee: If you join this franchise, you’ll support clients when they need it most. You’ll specialise in project managing property damage insurance claims from inception to completion of repairs. To learn more and sign up, visit its profile page.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £15,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll get high-quality training, admin support and marketing help. You’ll also be able to attend regional meetings and national conferences to upgrade your skills and expertise.
8. New Driveway Company
Since its launch in 2012, New Driveway Company has grown rapidly to become the leading independent driveway and external landscaping company in the UK.
- Becoming a New Driveaway Company franchisee: Visit its profile page to find out more.
- How much you need to invest: It costs around £24,950 to get started.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive on-site job training, marketing support, assistance with financing and more.
Start your own construction business today
Today we’ve discussed just eight of the best construction businesses in the UK. You can view the full list of construction franchise opportunities on our network and see when any new ones get added. If you’ve enjoyed this article, check out our 'Top 5 Car Cleaning Franchises in the UK'.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©