Interested in joining a management franchise? If you’ve got a head for business and great leadership skills, this sector could be right for you. We’ve gathered together some of the top franchises in the UK offering the chance to manage a team of hardworking employees.
Joining a management franchise can be a fantastic way to start running your own business without developing specialist skills. You’ll hire talented workers to carry out the franchise’s services for you, while you focus on the admin side, handling day-to-day tasks and identifying growth opportunities.
Most management franchises operate in the business-to-business (B2B) sector, offering services like cleaning, product hire and consultancy, but some work with consumers too.
Why join a management franchise?
- You can benefit from positive cash flow - As management franchises are usually based around services, rather than products, most can avoid tying up a lot of money in stock.
- The business can be sold without transferring its employee team - If you buy a franchise unit through a resale opportunity, you may not have to hire new staff members.
- You don’t need experience or specialist skills - Management franchise owners don’t usually go out on the road; they stay in the office to work on the business at a higher level. So, you don’t need to gain new skills or qualifications.
- You can avoid getting wrapped up in day-to-day issues - You’ll be managing your team and your business, and can leave daily annoyances and problems to your employees, who should be able to take care of your customers.
Top UK management franchises
Management franchises can be found in a wide range of different sectors, from vehicle hire and consultancy to gardening, home renovation and car wash and repair. There are also businesses delivering teaching and care, financial services and signage products.
We can’t showcase the entire management franchise world in this article, but we can shine a light on a few exciting options from across the sector:
>> Read more:
1. Minster Cleaning
Minster Cleaning is considered to be the biggest commercial cleaning franchise in the UK. Franchisees manage a team of cleaners to keep clients’ offices spotless. The company has been running since 1982, and franchising since 1992, and it has an average franchisee partnership length of 14 years, which demonstrates the success of its investment model.
Becoming a Minster Cleaning franchisee: To pass the application process, you’ll need plenty of determination, excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team of workers effectively.
How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a total investment of just under £70,000. There’s great profit potential at Minster Cleaning; half of franchisees generate more than £1 million per year, while the top performing investors see sales of over £2 million annually.
What you get for your investment: Minster Cleaning will offer you the chance to take part in an extensive training scheme at its Network Support Centre in Birmingham. Once you’ve launched your unit, the franchise will be on hand to deliver ongoing support at your location.
All our franchisees have very strong management skills and experience and are from diverse backgrounds which include retail, banking and the armed forces.
2. Metro Rod
As a Metro Rod franchisee, you’ll build a team of drainage engineers who travel to customers in fully equipped vans. You’ll also enjoy a generous stream of work, thanks to the 1,500 calls and 8,000 emails the Metro Rod customer service team receive every day.
- Becoming a Metro Rod franchisee: You don’t need to understand drainage to apply, but you should have management or small business operation experience and be highly committed.
- How much you need to invest: It takes a minimum investment of £50,000 to join Metro Rod’s network of around 40 franchisees.
- What you get for your investment: By becoming a Metro Rod franchisee, you gain access to an established customer base, trained staff and fleet of vehicles.
If you join the world’s top business coaching franchise, you’ll develop a team of talented coaches who support business owners across the UK. Your employees will provide guidance on everything from developing powerful systems to recruitment - and, of course, increasing profits.
- Becoming an ActionCOACH franchisee: You don’t need any experience to start an ActionCOACH franchise unit. As long as you have a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, great communication skills and a passion for helping others, you fit the criteria.
- How much you need to invest: Your investment will depend on which of the four franchise packages you choose. They range in price from £2,100 +VAT to £61,000 +VAT, with varying royalty fees, and offer different working, support and revenue opportunities.
- What you get for your investment: Before starting a franchise with ActionCOACH, you’ll have the chance to take part in a 10-day intensive training course. The franchise also provides a special launch programme and ongoing development opportunities, including quarterly masterclass workshops, one-to-one mentoring meetings, regular conferences and weekly group coaching sessions.
>> Read more:
SportsCool provides physical education and games sessions at primary schools across the UK. Franchisees can get involved themselves, or hire coaches to deliver the classes for them.
- Becoming a SportsCool franchisee: If you’re passionate about inspiring and motivating children to live healthily, become more confident and maximise participation in sports, this franchise could be ideal for you.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £19,995 +VAT.
- What you get for your investment: SportsCool gives franchisees first-class training and ongoing support to help them reach a six-figure salary within three years.
5. Christmas Decorators
The thought of management franchises usually sparks images of cleaning and repair businesses - but have you ever considered installing festive decorations? By joining The Christmas Decorators, you could develop a team of skilled installation professionals to create beautiful displays in homes and businesses.
- Becoming a Christmas Decorators franchisee: Franchisees in this company come from all walks of life and business backgrounds; as long as you have motivation and an eye for detail, the franchise will consider your application.
- How much you need to invest: You will need to make an investment of £25,000 +VAT to start a franchise unit.
- What you get for your investment: You will take part in a four-day, quick-start scheme involving installation strategies, business planning, seasonal transitions and sales training. You’ll also get a complete marketing programme and 24/7/365 technical support.
Find management franchise opportunities today
Point Franchise has a whole page dedicated to the best management franchise opportunities on offer in the UK today. There are plenty to choose from, across a wide variety of different sectors and budget categories. Browse the options to start looking for your ideal investment package.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©