Always wanted to start your own spa business? There are plenty of health and wellness franchises that can help you realise your dream. Here are three of the top spa franchises operating in the UK.
If you love to make people look and feel their very best, running your own spa business probably sounds like your dream career. And considering around six million trips are made to spas every year in the UK, it could be a highly profitable one too [Mintel]. According to the Global Wellness Institute, the UK’s wider wellness industry is estimated to be worth a cool £6.94 billion and customers report being willing to travel 50+ miles in their quest to find a blissful spa experience.
>> Read more:
Bringing a spa franchise to your local area could well be a recipe for success, even in the current climate. With small adjustments, you’ll still be able to offer a wide range of treatments to help your local community unwind. And let’s face it - who doesn’t need a bit of rest and relaxation after what most would consider a bad year. Here’s a selection of the best wellness and spa franchises that are on the hunt for franchisees right now.
Reasons why creating a spa franchise is a good idea
It’s highly rewarding
If you’ve ever spent a day at the spa, you know just how relaxing it can be. Now imagine the sense of job satisfaction you could achieve if you were the one helping people reach a state of pure bliss. Based on the facilities your business has, you could massage away the worries of stressed-out customers, improve their confidence with luxurious beauty treatments or simply let them unwind with friends and family in communal areas.
The financial potential is great
Research has found that, for the chance to relax in a tranquil environment and receive luxury treatments, customers are willing to pay more than £1 per minute spent inside a spa, creating the potential for significant returns on investments (Spa Creators).
Although start-up costs are generally sizeable, spa businesses can be extremely lucrative if done well. Add-ons such as luxury hair, face and body product sales and recurring customer payments from memberships or regular visits will all boost your profit margins and help make your business a financially-rewarding one in no time.
You may not need qualifications
Most spa therapists will need qualifications in order to offer services safely and effectively. But if life got in the way of your dream of attending beauty school and you don’t have time to commit to it now, a spa franchise could help you bring your dream to life.
Many franchise packages will see you, the franchisee, take on a largely management role and employ trained therapists to offer your services for you. All you’ll need is the passion and drive to build up your franchise in the world of wellness. And if you’re not going to be carrying out treatments, you’ll have more time to chase new client leads and think of ways to make your business even better.
Spa franchise options
Interested in opening your own wellness or spa franchise? Here are three of the most exciting opportunities right here on Point Franchise.
The Massage Company
The Massage Company is on a mission to make regular massages part of people’s day-to-day routines. Its affordable, high-quality services and membership-based business model mean that more people than ever can prioritise their health and treat themselves to a massage whenever they need.
- Becoming a The Massage Company franchisee: If you’re looking to develop your own business in the health and wellness sector, you could be the right fit for The Massage Company. Get in touch with the franchise for more details about becoming a franchisee.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to invest a minimum of £50,000 to become part of The Massage Company network. Funding support is available to help you cover the total investment costs.
- What you get for your investment: The chance to open your very own massage centre and offer exceptional spa services to people in your local area.
This franchise, which was established in 1984, helps its customers enjoy their favourite spa facilities from home. Providing a range of outdoor leisure products including hot tubs, swim spas and saunas, Award Leisure banks on customers wanting the spa experience without the long journey and recurrent price tag inextricably linked to it.
- Becoming an Award Leisure franchisee: Award Leisure gives its customers a real experience when they walk through the doors; they’ll hear bubbling water, see twinkling lights and smell delicious food. You’ll need to be able to help consumers imagine how their future garden could look, so a fun, approachable and sociable attitude is essential.
- How much you need to invest: An investment of between £77,000 and £90,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: Your payment will give you access to your first batch of stock, office equipment, vehicle signage tools, customer management systems and a portfolio of the brand’s best-selling products. In addition to this, you’ll gain marketing support and performance incentives.
>> Read more:
Sandstone Yoga & Pilates
Want to help people unwind and relax in a Covid-secure way? While not exactly a spa franchise, this yoga & Pilates studio will give you the chance to offer zen classes both online and from a bespoke studio. Sandstone offers a varied timetable of daily classes, as well as courses, workshops, teacher training and more.
- Becoming a Sandstone Yoga & Pilates franchisee: You don’t need any previous experience to be accepted onto the programme; it’s more important to be ambitious, resilient and self-motivated.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £10,000 is required. However, if you’re looking for a low-cost option, you could opt for the Petra online and community-based package that comes in at around half the cost of the full yoga studio.
- What you get for your investment: Full yoga teacher training, business support, recruitment support, a detailed operations manual and more.
Make your spa dream a reality
Despite the challenges of Covid-19, it’s clear that spa franchises are still an exciting business opportunity. With a few adjustments to make sure your customers and hard-working staff are safe, your business could flourish even during these difficult times. But if you’re seeking a different kind of challenge, you’ll find lots of other sectors to explore in our UK franchise directory. Or, find out more about becoming a franchisee by reading our informative articles.
Sophie Cole, Point Franchise ©