There’s something unique and rewarding about serving up super tasty food to hungry customers. If you’ve got a passion for sending diners home happy, and you want to take the plunge with a food franchise with an American twist, then becoming a part of the Monterey Jack’s franchise could be your next step in the world of business.
Franchising is a great low-risk, high reward pathway towards becoming a business owner. And if you can do it for a franchise that prides itself as being one of the best in the burger business, then all the better. Monterey Jack’s is part of an industry that’s truly bouncing back from the coronavirus pandemic, and by taking advantage of the many Monterey Jack’s franchising opportunities, you’ll be getting on board with a burger franchise that’s on the up.
Does Monterey Jack’s franchise in the UK?
The answer you’ve all been waiting for – and it’s great news. Monterey Jacks does franchise in the UK. The burger and pizza franchise currently operates in Scotland with 8 restaurants to date, but they’re actively seeking franchisees from across the UK. Could you be the next entrepreneur to open up a Monterey Jack’s restaurant in your area?
Many fantastic sites are now available across the UK – perhaps you already know of one in your area? Perhaps you have one but just can’t find the right brand to get the best from it? Monterey Jack’s offer a wide range of fit out options to work in the best locations of all shapes and sizes.
– Monterey Jack’s
The history of Monterey Jack’s franchise
With a name harking back to the legendary cheese smuggler (yes, cheese smuggler!), ‘Mad’ Jack Wyatt, Monterey Jack’s has come on leaps and bounds since opening its first restaurant in Scotland. The burger franchise went from strength to strength after opening 8 restaurants in just 6 years, and this would’ve been 12 had it not been for the ensuing pandemic that halted so many businesses.
With an ambitious and business-savvy operational team, Monterey Jack’s was able to move swiftly to delivery service when restrictions meant restaurants had to close. Now, its various offerings of delicious food are enjoyed both on-site and at home. Mouth-watering options available to customers include a huge selection of burgers, from chicken and beef to veggie and vegan. Plus, loaded fries and whopping portions of nachos are firm favourites with other returning customers.
>> Read more:
- 12 Things to Consider When Identifying the Right Location for Your Restaurant Franchise
- 3 Ways to Get Funding For Your Restaurant Franchise
- Regulations and Licences Required to Open a Restaurant
- 14 Tips for Defining and Reaching Your Restaurant's Target Customers
- Hiring Employees for Your Restaurant
- Choosing a Concept for Your Restaurant
Starting your own Monterey Jack’s franchisee
With a great business model and ambitious plans for expansion, becoming a part of the Monterey Jacks franchise will no doubt be an appealing prospect. So, if you’re interested in learning more about how to start your own Monterey Jacks franchise, check out some of the main points of interest below.
1. How do you become a Monterey Jack’s franchisee?
If the appeal of serving up juicy burgers and delicious pizza has got your business taste buds tingling, you can request more details on the process via the Monterey Jack website. But to get a feel for what they’re actually looking for from their franchisees, here are some points they’ve listed as desirable:
- Dedication to customer service
- Experience in restaurant operation
Building a Monterey Jack’s takes commitment, skill and experience and we expect that our franchisees will likely be multi unit restaurant operators with a clear track record of success. We will also be looking for partners who share our dedication to customer service – we understand what keeps guests coming back for more, and we will expect you to share this passion.
– Monterey Jack’s
2. How much do you need to invest?
The cost of franchising with Monterey Jack’s can vary due to size and location, so it’s best to chat to their team directly about how much you’d need to invest as an up-front cost. However, as a ballpark figure, they’re looking for franchisees with liquid assets of £1m, and the ambition to open at least 3 restaurants over an agreed time scale.
As a helping hand that’ll offer a better idea of the costs you might be expected to pay, we’ve laid out how much other similar franchises require franchisees to invest:
- Rocket’s – To become a part of this fast-casual, better-burger brand with an urban edge, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £175,000, with franchise fees of £40,000
- Snappy Tomato Pizza – Joining this takeaway food franchise requires a minimum investment of £10,000, and franchise fees of £10,000
- Rooster Shack – Becoming a franchisee with this popular food brand that reels in customers with its chicken burger offerings, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £75,000 and pay franchise fees of £17,500
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
3. What do you get for your investment?
By now, you might be seriously interested in becoming the next Monterey Jack’s franchisee. So if you’re going to make an investment in the franchise, and start running your own burger franchise , what will you be getting for your investment?
Monterey Jack’s is proud to invite potential franchisees to enjoy the benefits of its business model with multiple different sources of revenue . As a part of its investment package, you’ll be making use of their outstanding trade links and deals that will enable the smooth opening and running of your own Monterey Jack’s restaurant. Other benefits will include:
- Great discounts
- Outstanding marketing
Start your own Monterey Jack’s franchise today
With all of the information and advice offered above, you’re well on your way to making a career change with a restaurant franchise, and starting your own burger restaurant. If you’re looking to learn more about the lay of the land before embarking on your franchising adventure, then check out the state of franchising in the fast food sector for the year ahead, or perhaps the top 6 fast food trends for 2022. And if you’re still not quite sure which avenue you’d like to take when it comes to franchising, then check out the UK franchise directory.
Charlie Cottrell, Point Franchise ©