Like the sound of starting a carpet cleaning franchise? You could become your own boss in the thriving carpet cleaning sector by joining one of the UK’s successful carpet cleaning businesses. Here’s what you can expect your days to look like as a carpet cleaning franchisee.
Looking to start your very own carpet cleaning business? There’s never been a better time to enter this exciting industry. Overall, the cleaning sector is worth an impressive £7 billion [UK News Group] and, as one of the most vulnerable bits of the house to wear and tear, carpets are a big source of income for professional cleaners. Here’s everything you need to know about what life is like as the owner of a carpet cleaning franchise.
A day in the life of a carpet cleaning franchisee
Every day is a little different for carpet cleaning franchisees. If you choose to get your hands dirty, you’ll help lift tricky stains out of carpets, freshen up grubby and tired rugs and flooring and maintain high maintenance carpets for clients. And if you’re primarily involved in management, your working week will be made up of tasks like:
- Invoicing clients
- Finding new leads
- Building client relationships
- Marketing your business
- Managing your team of cleaners
- Ensuring you’ve got the supplies and equipment you need
- Researching competitors and looking at ways you can improve your business
Advantages of running a carpet cleaning franchise
Like the sound of starting your own carpet cleaning business? There are loads of plus points that may help sway you a little more.
- Constant demand - The carpet cleaning world is one that’s on the rise, growing at a compound annual rate of around 6% [Seekers Time]. Lots of people feel like they’re time poor, particularly as we all get back into the swing of post-pandemic life. That means customers are willing to pay for the luxury of having a clean home and to get some precious relaxation time back.
- Rising revenue - Across the world, the global carpet cleaning market is estimated to rise in value to a cool $900 million (£670 million) by 2024 [Seekers Time]. By running a business in this world, you could grab your share of this ever-expanding market and earn an impressive profit.
- Being your own boss - What could be better than running your own business? If you join a carpet cleaning franchise, you’ll call the shots. Depending on your franchisor, you may be able to set your own schedule and flex your working hours around your family and commitments.
- A supportive network - You won’t be on your own if you choose to go down the franchising route, as you’ll have a whole network of fellow franchisees to rely on.
>> Read more:
- Q&A: Does Safeclean Franchise in the UK?
- 7 Advantages of Opening a Commercial Cleaning Franchise
- What Types of Cleaning Franchises Are Available in the UK?
- Professional Cleaning Services Franchise: From Rags to Riches
- Techclean: What's Involved in Starting a Franchise?
- Discover the My Window Cleaner Franchise Opportunity
- How to Start Your Own Window Cleaning Business
Challenges of running a carpet cleaning franchise
Naturally, every sector and type of business brings a number of challenges along with it. When you first start your carpet cleaning franchise, you may find yourself putting in lots of hours to build up valuable customer relationships and get the word out about your brand. You may also run into a few challenging customers that test your patience and tact and have to smooth over the odd rocky relationship.
Thankfully, some of the biggest drawbacks of running a business in this sector can be overcome by joining a franchise. With the support of your franchisor, the support package and your network of franchisee peers, lots of your tasks will be taken off the table. Expect support with everything from marketing to invoicing to finding leads that will make your life so much easier.
Franchise opportunities in the carpet cleaning sector
1. Zero Dry Time
Fancy providing your local area with an environmentally-friendly cleaning service that can bring carpets and upholstery back to their former glory? Zero Dry Time could be the ideal business for you. Its non-toxic treatments are carried out in houses, flats and commercial properties all over the UK.
- Becoming a Zero Dry Time franchisee: It isn’t necessary to have previous experience in the carpet cleaning world, but you will need to be ambitious, driven and ready to develop your business.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £24,950 to become part of the Zero Dry Time network.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be fully trained and assisted with your set up, with everything from back office operations to marketing covered and supported.
Since it was set up in 2007, Cleanhome has grown into one of the UK’s leading domestic cleaning businesses. Now, the network has expanded into more than 30 franchisees and it’s on the hunt for new entrepreneurs across the country.
- Becoming a Cleanhome franchisee: Cleanhome is happy to talk to those without any experience in the world of cleaning. It’s keen to meet those who consider themselves to be a passionate people person with strong listening skills and a constant willingness to learn new things.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £9,995, with franchise fees of £300.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll enjoy Cleanhome’s award-winning training programme and be fully equipped to thrive by the time your launch date arrives.
>> Read more:
- 5 Tips for Developing Your Employees into Future Franchisees
- Being a Successful Franchisee Means Adopting an Entrepreneur Mindset
- 7 Common Habits of Successful Franchisees
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- Five Tips for Boosting Your Self-Confidence as a Business Owner
- Traits of an entrepreneur
3. Nationwide Cleaners
Nationwide Cleaners is a profitable, award-winning cleaning franchise offering its franchisees flexible hours and the sought-after ability to work from home. You’ll build a team of cleaners who can offer services including carpet cleaning to customers all over your generous territory.
- Becoming a Nationwide Cleaners franchisee: You won’t need any previous sales, marketing or cleaning experience is needed – just drive, dedication and a willingness to learn.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £4,000, with a total investment cost of £7,999.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be given all the training you need. Post launch, the continued growth and success of your business will be fully supported.
Start a carpet cleaning franchise today
Like the sound of starting your very own carpet cleaning franchise? Learn more about this thriving sector by checking out the 5 advantages of running a carpet cleaning franchise. And if you’re trying to narrow down the right option for you, have a look at the top 7 carpet cleaning franchises in the UK. Alternatively, have a look through the whole UK franchise directory to identify the perfect opportunity for you.
Sophie Cole, Point Franchise ©