If you’re looking to be your own boss and run a business within a dynamic and growing sector, why not become a franchisee by opening a locksmith franchise? There are many great options out there, and if you read on, you’ll discover some of the best locksmith franchise opportunities in the UK.
Making a career change with a locksmith franchise is profitable and practical. The demand for locksmith services rises as the housing market grows, and the nature of a franchise investment means that you don’t need any industry experience to build a successful locksmith business - as you’ll be fully trained and supported by your franchisor.
What is a locksmith business?
Locksmithing is just one sector of the handyman industry, and when you’re choosing the right handyman franchise for you, you could also look into sub-sectors such as home renovation, property maintenance, gardening and home decoration. Discover the daily roles and responsibilities associated with each sub-sector, and find the best fit. A day in the life of a locksmith, for instance, will include:
- Repairing and replacing locks
- Cutting keys
- Opening locked doors, windows and safes
- Providing quotes for work/communicating and negotiating with clients
- Logging completed jobs and doing admin tasks
- Managing your franchise’s day-to-day operations/your team (if you have employees)
- Marketing your franchise
>> Read more:
The 5 top franchises in the locksmith industry
Now you have a better sense of the day-to-day life of a locksmith, you should also have a better sense of whether this career suits you. Here are some great examples of franchise investments available in and adjacent to the locksmith industry…
Lockforce is a fairly new but already very successful business, which belongs to the highly respected Forces Group of franchises. Now, the locksmith franchise is looking for budding entrepreneurs to take its proven business model across the country.
- Becoming a Lockforce franchisee: You don’t need any previous industry experience - you simply need to be driven and hard-working with plenty of desire to build a successful locksmith franchise.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £14,995, with a fixed royalty fee.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll benefit from a fully equipped toolkit, stock, staff uniforms, support in all areas (marketing, contract management, business development) and plenty of technical training.
2. Secure Locker Rentals
Secure Locker Rentals rents out lockers at no cost to schools, instead collecting a small annual rental fee from parents who wish to book a locker for their children. With a successful business model in place since 2008, the franchise is still growing and thriving.
- Becoming a Secure Locker Rentals franchisee: You don’t need a specific experience or qualification set, but you should be willing to work hard, always welcoming new customers (while looking after the existing ones).
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £10,000, with a total investment cost of £19,950.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive a bespoke training course, operating guides and a cleaning/maintenance kit. You’ll also get a spares package, a marketing start-up package, a CRM software licence and a laptop.
3. Value Doors
Value Doors has been around for over 10 years, and is the leading UK supplier and installer of cost-effective, high quality and low-maintenance external doors (including back doors, bi-fold doors, composite doors, electric roller doors, french doors and patio doors).
- Becoming a Value Doors franchisee: You won’t need any prior experience, but you will need to be passionate about the high-quality, extensive range of Value Doors products, as well as being devoted to sustainability and environmental friendliness.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £10,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive all the equipment, training and support that you need in order to launch and grow your own franchise of Value Doors.
GoliathTech is a leader in the field of helical pile foundations - from engineering and design to manufacture and distribution. Founded in 2004, GoliathTech was purchased by Julian Reusing in 2013, who converted the company into a global franchise model.
- Becoming a GoliathTech franchisee: You’ll need business management experience to thrive with GoliathTech. You should also have the experience of and willingness to run a substantially sized company.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £100,000, with franchise fees of £49,500 and a total investment cost of £120,000, plus operating and advertising fees.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive extensive technical training, installation support and sales advice. On top of this, you’ll have ongoing access to training, development and franchisor support.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
5. Jackson Fire and Security
Jackson Fire and Security is a management franchise first established in 1991 by Steve Jackson. As a franchisee with this rapidly growing network, you’ll recruit and manage a team of qualified fire and security engineers.
- Becoming a Jackson Fire and Security franchisee: You won’t need any previous industry experience, but you will need a strong sales background, a willingness to work hard and all the necessary drive to grow and sustain a client base.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £39,500, with a total investment cost of £69,500 and advertising and royalty fees charged at 2% and 9% respectively.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive technical training, marketing advice and accounting support, as well as a 30-day training programme, a supported marketing launch campaign and plenty of assistance growing your business.
Start a locksmith franchise today and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business
There are many advantages to running a locksmith franchise, but if you’re leaving this article wondering what else is out there in the world of home improvement, stay on Point Franchise and continue your research. Check out franchise investment opportunities like Access4Lofts, Prokil and Shuttercraft, and discover how to start your own handyman franchise.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©