If you’ve always considered entering the locksmith industry but never had the confidence to give it the go ahead, you should consider the franchise route to business ownership. In this article we find out if you can start a Lockforce franchise in the UK.
Lockforce UK is a relatively young brand that is proud to be part of its much larger umbrella organisation, The Forces Group. The locksmith business has quickly developed a strong reputation for customer satisfaction and is establishing itself as a market leader. But can you start a Lockforce franchise in the UK?
In many ways, locksmiths offer a service that isn’t as exposed to economic upswings and downturns. While not entirely recession-proof, demand for locksmith services are likely to stay relatively stable. This is largely due to the fact that it’s an essential service. No matter what’s happening in the wider economy, customers still lose keys, lock themselves out and require the assistance of a trained professional. Let’s find out if you can take these sound economic foundations and build a thriving business as a locksmith franchisee.
Does Lockforce franchise in the UK?
Yes it does. If you’re looking to become franchisee with a renowned locksmith franchise, look no further than Lockforce UK. As one of the country’s most exciting emerging franchises, it’s able to offer franchisees an invaluable combination of industry expertise and ongoing support – providing you with enormous potential for growth in the process.
History of Lockforce franchise
Lockforce was created by Paul Smith and Sean Taylor in 2014, after they had experienced great success in the franchising industry.
The Lockforce team has over 30 years of experience in the field, which franchisees can use to their advantage. The brand also benefits from being part of a large organisation, The Forces Group, that offers high quality facilities management services.
>> Read more:
Starting a Lockforce franchise unit
Below, we break down the franchise opportunity down in detail so you can decide if it suits your personal entrepreneurial goals.
Becoming a Lockforce franchisee
When it comes to starting a Lockforce UK franchise, it’s not necessary to have previous experience in the industry. Rather than a trained professional (though this would not be a disadvantage), the franchise is hoping to attract individuals who can demonstrate the following qualities;
- Excellent communication skills – Franchisees will need to be comfortable communicating with customers and enjoy providing friendly, high-quality customer service. A sociable outlook is generally a good quality for a locksmith, as is the ability to put people at ease and make them feel comfortable, even though they may be in a vulnerable position.
- Determination and business smarts – Running a new business takes perseverance, dedication and patience. It also requires a certain amount of business acumen and experience. While much of this will be covered in the initial training, the determination to succeed is something only you can bring to the table.
- Interest in the technical side – Though there’s no need to be a trained locksmith in order to join Lockforce UK as a franchisee, you will need to demonstrate an interest in the technical aspects of the role. This means being good with your hands and showing you’re willing to learn.
How much you need to invest
Owning a Lockforce franchise requires a minimum investment of £14,995 plus VAT. Lockforce works with a third-party finance company that allows the investment to be paid off over five years. Once your business is up and running, it believes it’s possible to generate £50,000 worth of revenue within the first two years of operation.
What you get for your investment
In return for your investment, franchisees will receive exclusive rights to a territory that’s able to sustain a new locksmith business. All tools, equipment and uniform will be provided, and an initial training period will allow you to learn the ropes and get to grips with the service you’ll be providing on a regular basis.
This training period will also cover basic business management practices and help you understand exactly what is required of you as a Lockforce franchisee. Alongside this early support, Lockforce also offers long-term assistance. This extends to:
- A local website that’s tailored to meet the needs of your specific area.
- Business planning consultations and regular contact with franchise specialists within the Lockforce UK organisation.
- Marketing materials and support from a dedicated, in-house marketing team that knows how to make the most of the various advertising channels at their disposal.
- Public Liability Cover, so that you’re covered while out on call.
One of the key advantages of working with Lockforce UK is the amount of franchising expertise it has at its disposal. Having worked hard to accrue extensive experience of UK franchising, they’re perfectly positioned to guide your new franchise through the early stages of its development.
As a van-based franchise, Lockforce UK can offer franchisees a degree of autonomy and individuality, while also providing ample support and assistance when necessary. It is this combination of managerial freedom and business support that makes Lockforce UK such an attractive proposition.
Another benefit of owning an established security franchise like Lockforce UK is the wide variety of customers you can expect to attract. Domestic and business call outs will form a large percentage of your sales. Lockforce UK also works hard to ensure its franchisees are able to build local contracts.
>> Read more:
- Hit The Nail On The Head With a Home Improvement Franchise
- What qualifications do you need to run a home repair business?
- Top 5 home improvement franchises
- How to start a home repair business
- Top 8 Construction Businesses in the UK
- Day in the Life: What It Takes to Run a Successful Construction Business
Start a Lockforce franchise unit today
For those hoping to invest in an affordable, mobile franchise, a Lockforce franchise could be the ideal solution. With the support of large parent companies, years of experience and a high-demand service, it’s a franchise with a lot going in its favour. If you’re considering taking the plunge, get in touch today to request more information and begin the franchisee application process.
Lockforce UK is currently the only locksmith franchise in our UK franchise directory. But we are frequently adding new businesses to our franchise database so keep your eyes peeled for even more opportunities in this sector.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©