Whether you have previous experience in education, or are just looking for an exciting and rewarding career, there are a number of education franchises that could give you the career you want.
Making a career change or starting a new education franchise business can seem a daunting thing to do. But when you’re making a new start with an education franchise, there are many advantages to running your own business. You’ll be working in a busy and very rewarding sector, all while making a good profit for yourself.
Why join an education franchise?
Joining an education franchise means combining both rewarding and profitable work. And, as franchising is often seen as one of the safer ways to run a business - only one percent of closing franchises cited commercial failure as the reason for doing so [British Franchise Association] - you know that you’ll be able to enjoy many of the biggest benefits of running a business, while minimising many of your risks.
Joining a franchise will help give you:
- Plenty of job and income security
- The benefits of working with an already established business reputation
- Extensive training and support before and after you open
- Beneficial financial rates
- The ability to run your own business
- The ability to choose your own schedule and working practices
There are so many benefits to running an education franchise, but how do you choose the right franchise for you? The full package of benefits will vary a little depending on the size, location and franchisor that you choose to work with, but you might find any of the below a good option.
>> Read more:
The top 3 education franchises
If running a franchise sounds appealing, you could well be the ideal education franchisee. If you’re looking for the right education franchise for you, you could start by considering the options below.
Maths are essential skills for the future. In a world where STEM skills can create well-paid and highly-valued jobs that change many people’s lives, having a good grounding in maths is vitally important for the future. That’s where Mathnasium comes in. Following this franchise’s unique method of teaching, you’ll be making a real impact on the lives of the children you work with. For profit and job satisfaction, this is the franchise for you.
- Becoming a Mathnasium franchisee: You don’t need any experience in tutoring or education to get started as a franchisee. You will get plenty of training once you start your franchise, so the most important skills you’ll need will be a part of your initial franchisee training.
- How much you need to invest: Your total investment will be around £100,000, of which you will need to make a minimum investment of £30,000. Franchising fees are £29,500.
- What you get for your investment: Once you start your own centre and begin teaching maths skills to your first students, your business can very quickly scale-up. Mathnasium franchises can earn potentially £100k earnings per year.
2. Mother Nature Science
Mother Nature Science is one of the leading science educational franchises for ages 5-12. Having started in Taiwan in 1984, this franchise has grown across the world, bringing fun, entertaining and interesting science education to over 3 million children.
- Becoming a Mother Nature Science franchisee: You don’t need educational experience, nor do you need to have a scientific background. Everything you need to make your franchise a success will be given to you through your training.
- How much you need to invest: You will need to make a minimum investment of £9,500. With franchising fees of £18,000, you will need to make a total investment around £20,000. After two years, your expected revenue will be around £149,000.
- What you get for your investment: As a franchisee, you’ll have the rights to an exclusive ‘territory’ that you will operate in. From the moment you sign on the dotted line, you’ll receive all the tools, advice and guidance you need.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
3. Boost Education
Boost Education is a thriving, unique concept in the private tutoring industry, covering Maths, English and Science for 4 - 16 year olds.
- Becoming a Boost Education franchisee: Boost Education has a number of dedicated centres where your training will begin. You don’t need to be a teacher and you don’t need previous experience in franchising either.
- How much you need to invest: Your total investment will be around £55,000. Franchising fees for Boost Education are £15,500 + VAT, but you can get the ball rolling with this franchise after making a minimum investment of £30,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll be given a comprehensive training package that will help get your skill set up to scratch. The package includes: Premises design equipment, business manuals, IT solutions, stationary and marketing materials, corporate imagery, student work books and a launch programme.
Start running your own education franchise today
Running an education business means that you will be working in one of the most rewarding sectors in the country. You’ll be helping children, many of whom struggle with certain skills, grow in confidence and ability, all thanks to your efforts.
But running an education franchise is also similar to running a tutoring franchise. If you think your skills might be a better fit for a tutoring franchise, you might want to learn more about how to start your own tutoring business, or how to make a career change with a tutoring franchise. If none of these appeal to you though, there are many more opportunities on the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©