Interested in starting a recruitment franchise in 2022? Good news! This is likely to be a very profitable choice for you, provided you’re willing to learn, listen and put in the work. The hiring sector is enjoying a huge amount of growth and demand right now, though with that growth comes added competition. Below, you’ll discover five tips for marketing your recruitment franchise that should help you stay ahead of the competitive curve.
The recruitment industry in the UK is worth £17 billion [IBISWorld], and growing with every passing year. If you want to run a successful franchise business and become a recruiter for the long term, you need to be marketing your recruitment franchise effectively. You need to be investing in your advertising - both in terms of money and in terms of time and effort. Here’s some advice that will help you to do exactly that.
>> Read more:
- What is the Marketing Fee and Why is it Necessary?
- Developing an effective franchise marketing plan
- Try Out These 8 Outside-the-Box Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Business and Engage Your Customers
- 10 Tips for Building Truly Effective Social Media Marketing Campaigns
- Franchising 101: 8 Essential Marketing Strategies for Promoting Your Business
- Franchising 101: 6 Tips for Building Customer Loyalty Through Marketing
The current shape of the recruitment industry
Anyone who is considering making a career change with a recruitment franchise in 2022 should first do their research on the hiring sector as it currently is. There have been many COVID-necessitated changes to the ways in which agencies and head hunters recruit since March 2020. Tech, for instance, is playing an increasingly important role in streamlining recruiting processes. And the entire hiring process, from application to offer, is now increasingly taking place solely online.
Despite the challenges of recent months, this industry is bouncing back. And if you can do the same as a franchisee, you’re likely to be able to achieve a huge amount of success running your own business and recruiting, coming to profit in no time at all.
It’s been incredible to see how the sector responded to these ever-changing, unpredictable and unprecedented times. 2022 will no doubt bring its own set of challenges, however I believe we are better prepared as an industry, especially with the support of recruitment technology, to address these challenges head-on and embrace creativity and efficiency.
- Paul Vogel, Access Recruitment
5 tips for marketing your recruitment business
1. Keep up with the ever-developing industry
This follows on from what was mentioned above. The recruitment industry is changing and growing rapidly. The best way to market, in a sector that’s so prone to transformation: Keeping up with it all. What are the latest trends and developments? What’s just around the corner for recruiters? How can you use the knowledge you have (knowledge your competitors might not have just got) to shake up your marketing and meet consumer demands ASAP?
2. Create and regularly update an SEO friendly website
Your website is one of your most important points of contact with potential candidates as a recruiter, and if you’d like those candidates to enter your talent pipeline, you’ll need a really good website. It’s one of the cheapest ways to market, and if done correctly, it can have a huge positive impact. But what does ‘done correctly’ mean? In this context, we’re talking about:
- Implementing SEO to get your site ranked as highly as possible on search engines
- Sharing blog-style content regularly to add value to the site
- Creating a site that’s easy to use, quick to load and simple to navigate
- Creating a site that looks aesthetically pleasing and professional
- Redirecting followers over on social media (more on that in one second) to the site
3. Let customers connect to your recruitment franchise more deeply on social media
Social media is the perfect place to be a little more personal and casual with your marketing and advertising, and being on social media is a must in this day and age, in a hiring industry that’s increasingly focused on the digital recruitment side of the fence. Sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even TikTok are a great place to show your customers some personality (and to source some cracking candidates, of course). Promote your franchise effectively on social media by:
- Setting and measuring goals
- Understanding your audience/what they want from you
- Finding your brand voice
- Identifying ways to stand out from your competitors
- Planning posts in advance with a content calendar to keep things consistent and high-quality
4. Always be 100% clear on your target market before launching a new campaign
As a recruitment franchise owner, you’ll likely be aiming to appeal to many different types of people with your advertising. Though some franchises in this sector have a particular specialism, like healthcare recruitment specialist Tezlom, many are generalists. This means that your target audience/ideal customer might change from campaign to campaign, as you try to tap into new types of passive candidates. Though shifting your audience like this is absolutely fine, awareness is key. Always know exactly who this post/promoted ad/blog is being written for so that you know what is most important to share with them.
>> Read more about: Top 3 Recruitment Franchises in the UK
5. Connect with your local community to find clients and mutually beneficial arrangements
Every business, regardless of industry, can benefit from strong B2B connections within their operational territory. But this is especially true for a recruiter like yourself. Every local business could one day become a client, and every local person could one day become a part of your talent pipeline. Try hosting or attending networking events in your area, or joining a local business organisation. Always try to contribute and participate in local events to build up your business’s positive reputation. Build mutually beneficial promotional arrangements wherever you can, and give a local brand you love some free promo in return for some free promo of your own.
Marketing your franchise correct is one of the best ways to successfully launch your business in the recruitment sector
Hopefully, you now feel more confident in your ability to market your recruitment franchise, if you do choose to invest in one. If you’re still on the fence and looking to continue your research into the sector, stay on Point Franchise. Discover the five biggest advantages of running a recruitment franchise, look into a day in the life for a recruitment franchise owner and find out how to choose the right recruitment franchise for you.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©