It’s no secret: if you want to be your own boss and run your own business, franchising is a smart way to do it. There’s never been a better time to make a career change with a recruitment franchise, and you can grab a piece of this profitable sector for yourself by investing in one of the top recruitment franchises in the UK. In the article below, we explore each one.
As the world opens back up following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020, the time is right to be investing in the recruitment sector. In 2021, the number of job vacancies available in the UK in September to November rose to a new record of 1,219,000 - a staggering increase of 434,500 from pre-coronavirus levels back in January to March 2020 [Office for National Statistics].
The pandemic was a worrying time for a lot of people with regard to job security and their careers. Now, as things improve, people are reassessing their career goals and work-life balance - and reaching out to recruiters in order to facilitate these employment changes. It has never been a better time to be looking to invest in a recruitment franchise.
>> Read more:
- Your Franchise's Employees are the Face of Your Business
- 10 Ways to Boost Employee Happiness, Engagement, and Satisfaction
- Improving your franchise recruitment strategy
- Tips for Recruitment and Selection
- Tips for Managing Employee Turnover
- 5 Effective Employee Engagement Strategies for Your Business
What is a recruitment business?
Before deciding which of the top recruitment franchise opportunities is right for you, you should have a thorough understanding of the industry in general and what exactly a recruitment business does.
Recruitment companies act as the liaison between employers seeking staff and job seekers on the hunt for employment. They search for candidates who possess all the attributes the employer is looking for in a potential employee, and help get jobseekers employment at businesses where their skillset is needed.
- As a recruitment franchise owner, you can expect to do all sorts, including:
- Working with employers to determine what vacancies they have at the moment
- Working with employers to determine what sort of candidates they are looking for
- Seeking out potential candidates
- Dealing with potential candidates in a professional and efficient manner
- Acting as the reliable go-between between the employer and the jobseeker throughout the recruitment process
Unsurprisingly, you will need excellent people skills, lots of energy and enthusiasm, and a knack for networking if you want to succeed in the recruitment sector. For top opportunities available in this sector today, keep on reading.
The top 3 recruitment franchises in the UK
1. Driver Hire
Driver Hire was first established over 35 years ago, and since then has gone from strength to strength. It is now the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, supplying customers across the nation in a huge range of different sectors. Driver Hire has 103 offices across the UK.
- Becoming a Driver Hire franchisee: Driver Hire provides extensive training and does not require you to have previous industry experience. However, you should be personable and driven. Previous experience working in sales, business development or operations management would be advantageous.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with Driver Hire, you will need to make a minimum initial investment of £32,000, with franchise fees of £32,000 and a total investment cost of £40,000. After two years, your expected revenue is an impressive £500,000.
- What you get for your investment: Once you’ve made your investment, Driver Hire will take you through an initial four to six-week training programme. And once you’ve opened your business - or taken over an existing branch of the franchise - you’ll be continually supported and trained in specialist areas such as HR, marketing and IT.
>> Read more about: Start a Recruitment Franchise in the UK: The Top Opportunities In 2019
2. CNA International
CNA International describes itself as “the best searching for the best” - and it’s certainly easy to see why. Considered one of the world’s leading executive recruitment firms, CNA International has over 50 scattered over the world, including here in the UK. They are trusted to recruit brilliant candidates by businesses across the globe.
- Becoming a CNA International franchisee: Whilst CNA International acknowledges that previous recruitment experience might be an advantage, it’s not essential in order to franchise with them. You will need a background as a senior professional or equivalent, and the ability to adopt CNA International’s proven methodology.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with CNA International, you will need to make a minimum initial investment of £30,000, with franchise fees of £6,000 and a total investment cost of £36,000. After two years, you can expect an impressive revenue of £100,000.
- What you get for your investment: Following your investment with CNA International, you will participate in their master classes in how to make your business a success prior to launch. You’ll also have access to ongoing teaching and support for the duration of your franchising journey with them.
Tezlom was established back in 2008 as a small family run business, but has since grown into a national franchise network. They operate throughout the UK and specialise in the recruitment of different healthcare professionals, such as nursing home staff, mental health hospital staff, supported living services staff, and much more.
- Becoming a Tezlom franchisee: In order to franchise with Tezlom, you’ll need to be a supportive, caring individual who’s prepared to leave their ego at the door. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment and working to provide the best support to vulnerable people. It’s also important you pass a DBS check and can provide references.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with Tezlom, you will need to make a minimum initial investment of £25,000, with franchise fees of £25,000 and a total investment cost of £60,000. After two years of operating, your expected revenue is an incredible £300,000.
- What you get for your investment: From the get go, Tezlom will ensure you have everything you need to make your franchise a success. They’ll assist with choosing the ideal location for your office and kitting it out. You’ll also be invited to their head office for 3 days of face-to-face training to cover all aspects of the business, followed by another 10-week course to complete your training. Their support continues throughout.
Start a recruitment franchise and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business today
Now that you have a better understanding of the wide range of exciting opportunities available to you in the thriving recruitment sector, hopefully you can’t wait to get investing. Whilst you're here on Point Franchise, be sure to check out the UK franchise directory for even more franchising options.
Hannah Burnett, Point Franchise ©