The floristry industry is full of exciting and profitable franchises, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. This specialist industry is growing all the time, so any one of the below opportunities is a fantastic option for an ambitious franchisee.
If you’re looking for a new job role that will allow you to combine plenty of profit with a lot of job satisfaction, you could be an ideal franchisee for a florist franchise.
Why start a florist franchise?
Many industries were hit hard by the pandemic and forced to close either temporarily or permanently. While this affected the florist industry as well, this is an industry that is bouncing back. Not only that, because floristry is a specialist skill, this is a sector that still has a huge amount of demand to come.
The specialist nature of flower retailing is likely to ensure that florists continue to be a strong presence in the market due to the skills required for complex floral arrangements, and for catering for weddings, funerals and other functions.
- Ibis World
You can also look forward to:
- Being your own boss
- Giving specialist expertise and advice
- Working at large and reputable events
- Enjoying plenty of pre-existing demand
- Having a lot of job satisfaction
>> Read more:
Franchise opportunities in the florist sector
Endura Roses is a flower franchise that has flourished in the UK since 2016. Specialising in beautiful floral bouquets and arrangements for all kinds of events, this could be the perfect opportunity for you if you’re looking for a luxury florist business to work with.
- Becoming an Endura Roses franchisee: You don’t need industry experience, but the ideal candidate will be dynamic, driven and creative. You should also be ambitious and keen to continue growing in the future.
- How much you need to invest: You'll need to make a minimum initial investment of £50,000, with franchise fees of £15,000 and a total investment cost of £120,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be fully supported with fit-out, marketing and ongoing business development. You’ll also be fully trained and mentored, and provided with design manuals and operational guidance.
Other available franchise opportunities
Endura Roses is currently the only florist franchise available on the Point Franchise website, but there are many other sectors that have a need for florists. For example, within the events and photography industries, many companies will need individuals with good decoration and floristry skills, so you may want to consider some of the opportunities below.
1. Venture Studios
Venture Studios is a photography franchise transforming stunning images into works of art. As one of the leading photography franchises in the UK, you will have full creative licence to direct your shoots within your client’s needs, so if you have your heart set on putting your floristry skills to maximum use, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Becoming a Venture Studios franchisee: You don’t need specific experience to become a Venture Studios franchisee, but you will need the ability, passion and determination to run your business.
- How much do you need to invest: You will need to make a minimum initial investment of £35,000. After two years, you can look forward to an expected revenue of around £444,000.
- What you get for your investment: You will have an extensive training programme. Your training will be divided into core and advanced skills, where you will be taught everything you need to know to push both your photography expertise and business acumen to the next level.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
2. Party Tent Company
Party Tent Company has the ambition of being the number one marquee hire company in the UK. You will be on the front line for all manner of different events and functions, helping to organise and decorate the marquees you will be providing. This is another great opportunity for creatively-minded individuals.
- Becoming a Party Tent Company franchisee: You don’t need previous experience in the sector, as you’ll be given all the training you need to make a success of your new venture.
- How much do you need to invest: After a minimum investment of only £12,000, you will be able to look forward to a potential revenue of £150,000 in two years’ time.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll have plenty of training to help you on your way, both before and after you first open your doors.
Become a florist franchise today and combine creativity, expertise and profit
Whether you work directly with a florist franchise like Endura Rose, or decide to apply your skills in other industries, having a passion for floristry can be a profitable skill to have.
If you are looking for other industries to get involved in, you may want to find out more about how the events industry is making a post-covid comeback, or how the wedding planning event is also making a comeback. For opportunities in other sectors, you may be better off consulting the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©