The franchise industry is overflowing with lucrative and fulfilling investment opportunities across countless industries, from food and retail to fitness, professional services and a wide range of other sectors. In fact, there are probably more than you realise; before you make your choice, you might like to take a look at these unique franchise opportunities.
If you’re preparing to start a franchise unit and are open to new opportunities, it’s worth casting the net wide to consider a wide variety of different options. You never know, a franchise you may not have considered could end up being the perfect business model for you.
Today, we’re shining a light on four interesting and original franchise opportunities currently available in the UK.
4 unique franchise opportunities
DIGI-SPORTS uses tech to provide high-quality sports entertainment products based around its multi-functional interactive wall. In the past 18 months, over 50 franchisees have joined the innovative brand and helped it grow internationally.
- Becoming a DIGI-SPORTS franchisee: If you have managerial experience, as well as skills in event organisation, you could set up a flexible franchise unit either as a full- or part-time business. The opportunity is ideal for project managers and events professionals looking to modernise their services and develop an exclusive clientele, or business owners looking for an extra revenue stream.
- How much you need to invest: DIGI-SPORTS franchisees must be prepared to make a total investment of £160,000, and can expect to generate around £100,000 in revenue after two years.
- What you get for your investment: The franchise support team provides comprehensive training and guidance in areas including logistics and handling, pricing and customer presentation before franchisees launch their units.
2. Signorini Tartufi
The franchise industry is famous for its restaurant chains - but how about breaking into the food industry by joining a truffle retailer? Signorini Tartufi is a delicatessen and luxury goods store established by Frédéric Dubois Signorini to bring affordable truffle products to the market. It sells everything from sauces, spreads and oils to luxury gifts and whole truffles.
- Becoming a Signorini Tartufi franchisee: You don’t need any industry experience or an in-depth knowledge of your chosen geographical territory, as the franchise provides high-quality training. However, candidates should have an understanding of managing finances and the ability to develop positive customer and staff relationships.
- How much you need to invest: It takes around £90,000 to get a Signorini Tartufi store off the ground, and you can expect to see a revenue of roughly £450,000 after two years.
- What you get for your investment: Before you sign on the dotted line, you’ll get to spend a day in a Signorini Tartufi store to make sure you’re making the right decision. If you choose to go ahead, you’ll then get the chance to complete a one-week training course covering everything from product lines to sales training and using the cash register.
>> Read more:
- 5 Tips for Developing Your Employees into Future Franchisees
- Being a Successful Franchisee Means Adopting an Entrepreneur Mindset
- 7 Common Habits of Successful Franchisees
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- Five Tips for Boosting Your Self-Confidence as a Business Owner
- Traits of an entrepreneur
Do you fancy creating innovative plant installations in commercial and domestic properties across the UK? Inleaf installs and maintains foliage displays for businesses, hotels and homes, from live walls to moss pictures.
- Becoming an Inleaf franchisee: You don’t necessarily need any horticultural knowledge or business experience to join Inleaf. If you’re physically fit and have the ambition to provide a high-quality service to customers across your territory, you could make a great franchisee.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a total investment of £42,750 to set up an Inleaf unit. After two years, you should be seeing a turnover of around £116,000.
- What you get for your investment: The Inleaf franchise package includes a detailed operations manual and access to custom-built systems, which will help you produce professional and accurate quotes in minutes. You’ll also get expert training and mentoring throughout the first six months of your franchise journey.
>> Read more:
4. Christmas Decorators
An interior/exterior design company with a difference, Christmas Decorators has found its niche and takes pride in being the only franchise of its kind in the UK. It has offices in 20 regions across the UK and Ireland with professional and dedicated teams creating impressive installations for the festive season.
- Becoming a Christmas Decorators franchisee: Franchisees in this company come from all walks of life and business backgrounds, and their clients include top hotels, restaurants and prestigious retail and event venues. As long as you have an eye for detail and plenty of motivation, the franchise will consider your application.
- How much you need to invest: You will need to make an investment of £25,000 +VAT to start a Christmas Decorators franchise unit.
- What you get for your investment: You will take part in a four-day, quick-start training scheme covering installation strategies, business planning, seasonal transitions and sales training. You’ll also get a complete sales and marketing programme and 24/7/365 technical support.
Why consider unique franchise opportunities?
Choosing to become a franchisee gives you the opportunity to start a business with a proven concept and access to a team with years of experience. The franchisor will be on hand to provide advice and guidance if you come unstuck, and you’ll probably benefit from a level of existing brand awareness among consumers.
There are hundreds of fantastic franchises out there, but by investing in one of the more original franchise opportunities, you can become part of a creative and innovative business. You’re more likely to use technology and advanced insights to provide unique products and services, which will attract the interest of customers. Plus, you probably won’t be competing against other businesses, so you could quickly become a leader in the industry.
Find more fantastic investment opportunities from the main menu or get guidance on running a franchise business in our article catalogue.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©