If you are far happier exploring the outdoors than sitting behind a desk, starting your own business may sound a little too restrictive for your roaming desires. However, as the name of this blog series suggests, there are franchises out there for every personality type, especially the outdoorsy adventurer. Here, we're going to outline the kinds of franchises that could suit those who don't want to be stuck behind a desk.
The idea that franchising takes place in the office is not necessarily true. As the franchise industry grows year on year to cater to all sectors of interest, there are increasing opportunities for would-be franchisees who love to be active and get outdoors.
In this article we're going to look at the growing industries catered towards adventure lovers, discuss the benefits of starting your own franchise business and highlight some of the best opportunities here on Point Franchise.
The franchise adventure
It could be said that outgoing personalities often achieve more in life; unless you venture out of your comfort zone from time to time, it can be difficult to learn and grow.
Trying new things and exploring unknown fields can unlock a gold mine of opportunities in all areas of life. When it comes to business, starting a new venture can take you almost anywhere.
Although franchising may seem like a big world to step into, the path to success is in fact clear to follow. If you’re wondering whether it seems like the kind of adventure that’s worth your while, have a look at these stats:
- The Franchise Industry contributes £15 billion to the UK economy - an increase of 46 percent over the past 10 years
- Over half of franchisees are now declaring an average turnover that exceeds £250,000
- An incredible 97 percent of franchisees are running in profitability
- An impressive 91 percent of franchisees have declared satisfaction with their franchisor
- According to 2019 research based on official census data, the two-year franchise success rate is about eight percent higher than the independent business success rate.
Being able to operate under an established brand with a tried and tested business model means much of the associated risk involved in new business ownership is alleviated. And with less than one percent of franchises closing due to failure, what’s not to love?
>> Read more:
For the natural adventurer, the active end of the franchise spectrum may be especially appealing.
With the current trend for health and fitness growing in popularity in the UK, it’s a great time to become a fitness franchisee. Many sports and fitness franchises can be operated remotely, making use of public spaces such as parks or schools to spread the fitness bug.
Here are two of our top fitness franchises that will ensure you’re outdoors:
SportsCool is one of the foremost specialist providers of sports and physical education to primary schools in the UK. The fitness franchise inspires and motivates children to live healthily, become more confident and maximise participation in sports. SportsCool is passionate about enriching the lives of young people through physical education.
- Becoming a SportsCool franchisee: This franchise is looking for savvy entrepreneurs to help take it to the next level. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: In order to become a franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £19,995.
- What you get for your investment: SportsCool delivers to franchisees, not just excellent first-class training, but some of the highest level of support available in the industry today. This will ensure you are well on the way to making a six-figure salary within three years.
One Element is a social fitness company that provides bespoke group HiiT fitness training in local parks, combined with an active social programme creating local community hubs.
- Becoming a One Element franchisee: One Element is looking for people who are driven, committed and ambitious, and who have the same outlook as the organization; a love of fitness and the outdoors and a passion for getting the best out of people. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: In order to become a franchisee, you’ll need a minimum investment of just £4,000.
- What you get for your investment: Before launching your franchise, you will attend an in-depth training programme in Wandsworth, south west London. You will benefit from the knowledge One Element has developed since 2007 to help you make a success of your business, and you will receive support during your launch sessions as well as ongoing support as you grow your business.
If you’re an outdoorsy walker but are more into animals than athletics, how about a dog walking franchise?
>> Read more:
Dogknows is one of the first professional walking businesses in London that incorporates everyday dog training into all outings, training and developing carers so they have excellent practical skills underpinned by sound, science-based dog know-how.
- Becoming a Dogknows franchisee: Ideal franchisees should be good communicators with people, well-organised, honest, and trustworthy. In addition, candidates should be willing to work in all weather. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: To set up a Dogknows franchise, a minimum investment of £7,500 is required.
- What you get for your investment: New franchisees will undergo an initial 10-day training course (including five days of coaching at the Dogknows Training Centre). After the training, the successful franchisee will receive a start-up package that includes their own web page on the main Dogknows website. Upon completion of training, franchisees will benefit from an ongoing Support & Mentoring Programme.
Or perhaps you’d rather do your adventuring on wheels than by foot, have a look at our top van-based franchises here.
ChipsAway are the originators of the SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair process. As a ChipsAway business owner, you will visit customers locally in your mobile workshop, offering high quality, value-for-money, everyday car damage repairs, including paintwork scratches, bumper scuffs and minor dents – known in the industry as SMART repairs.
- Becoming a ChipsAway franchisee: If you want to join one of the leading franchises in the automotive industry, you can find out whether you meet its criteria. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: In order to become a ChipsAway franchisee, you’ll need a minimum investment of £15,000.
- What you get for your investment: Beyond your initial training, ChipsAway will make sure you have the network of support you need to run your business smoothly. You’ll receive ongoing technical advice, unlimited help and advice from your fellow franchisees and invitations to attend the organisation’s Annual Conference and Regional Meetings.
Start your franchise adventure today!
With the benefit of a tried and tested model, starting a franchise business is an ideal option for first-time business owners who are eager to try something new.
With these adventurous franchising options, you’ll be on the right road to success. Whether it’s exercising, diving in with the animals or satisfying customers far and wide, a franchise adventure needn’t be restricted to a desk.
Get in touch today if you’re interested in beginning your franchise adventure and running your own business, and for a full list of our franchise opportunities click here.
Eve Piper, Point Franchise ©