In a busy world, spa experiences offer consumers a break from the hustle and bustle, and a chance to focus on wellness. If you’re interested in franchising with a thriving business in the spa sector, helping customers across the UK to find their peace, The Massage Company would be a great choice.
Does The Massage Company franchise?
Yes, The Massage Company does franchise in the UK, and the team, from its Camberley headquarters, would be delighted to welcome prospective franchisees to the fold.
History of The Massage Company
As mentioned above, The Massage Company was founded in 2016. The company came into being in March of that year, and was created by Charlie Thompson and Elliot Walker. Charlie and Elliot wanted to provide the British public with access to affordable wellness that would help with stress, aid relaxation, raise alertness and assist in injury recovery.
The franchise is a leading UK provider of massage services, and with the global massage industry worth a whopping $3.4 trillion, an investment in The Massage Company just makes sense. There’s money to be made, and as a franchisee with The Massage Company, you could be the one making it. Why does The Massage Company perform so well in the UK? Because it promises three key things that not all massage and spa companies do:
- A fair price - High price massages often put people off, but The Massage Company values affordability, and makes massage services a viable option for many. A monthly membership with The Massage Company makes massage treatments cost just £1/minute.
- A high quality service - Quality can vary throughout the industry, but not within The Massage Company, where it remains high across all well-trained and certified franchisees and employees.
- A convenient option - A massage from The Massage Company doesn’t take up a full day, or purport to, and franchise locations are easily accessible, making the franchise’s treatments a more convenient alternative to certain other spa and massage options.
Starting a franchise unit with The Massage Company
This is a new type of business in the UK and it is myself and my teams’ intention to ensure that all our franchisees have full training and support from the moment they join our franchise and throughout the lifetime of their business to ensure the optimal chance of building a strong successful business.
—Charlie Thompson, The Massage Company
As a franchisee with The Massage Company, you can feel confident that you’ll be supported, fully trained, and given all that you need to succeed. If you’re interested in making that investment, read on, and discover all that you need to know in order to start a franchise unit with The Massage Company...
Becoming a franchisee with The Massage Company
The wellness franchise offers an extremely extensive training programme, and as a result, franchisees aren’t required to have any previous experience. Instead, according to The Massage Company, its ideal franchisee would be someone who can:
- Run and manage a business successfully
- Handle franchise finances
- Handle franchise marketing
- Hire the right team of employees
- Deftly handle customer interactions (experience with customers would be useful)
- Provide a customer-focused service
- Develop ideas for future franchise growth
If you can do all of these things, you’d likely be a great addition to The Massage Company’s network of franchisees.
How much do you need to invest?
If you’re interested in becoming a franchisee with The Massage Company, you’ll need to make an initial minimum investment of £50,000, with total investment costs of £200,000. The initial figure is just above the average cost of opening a UK franchise, which sits at £42,200 [British Franchise Association], but it’s also worth bearing in mind that The Massage Company doesn’t charge any monthly fees, like royalty fees or marketing fees, to franchisees.
What do you get for your investment?
Once you’ve made your investment with The Massage Company and signed your franchise agreement, you’ll become a franchisee with the business, and you’ll be entitled to its high quality provision of training and support. As a franchisee with The Massage Company, you’ll receive:
- Rights to operate under the brand name
- Rights to use certain trademarks
- Assistance with site selection, lease negotiation and pre-opening fit-out and prep
- Training within an industry leading programme
- Support with staff recruitment, accounting, sales and marketing
- Access to digital softwares and systems
- Ongoing expert support
Franchisees with The Massage Company report their happiness with the business, and with their experiences. Mark and Rachel Coldham, for example, are franchisees at The Massage Company High Wycombe, and they’ve enjoyed every minute of their lucrative career with The Massage Company...
We wanted a business that would, once established, provide a steady income whilst balancing with a healthy home life, cutting out the commute. It requires a lot of time and energy to get it right initially, but once established will allow for a much better balance and is hugely rewarding to see the benefits that we can bring to the community.
—Mark and Rachel, The Massage Company
A franchise opportunity with The Massage Company might be your perfect next move
The spa sector is making a comeback, and it’s a great time to join the industry as a franchisee. If you have the drive, the capital and the skills, why not make that leap? The Massage Company is waiting to welcome you on board.
If you’re interested in franchising, but you’re not sure that a spa franchise is the right fit, do your research and figure out exactly what you’re looking for. Do you want to help people enjoy wonderful, memorable holidays with GoCruise? Do you want to inspire children to get engaged and involved with physical activity as a SportsCool franchisee? Whatever your interests, the right investment opportunity is out there.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©