Founded in the late 2000s, Activ Net marketing is one of the most well-established digital marketing franchises in the UK. The company helps small businesses to establish themselves online, and investors can enjoy part-time or full-time franchising opportunities.
Whether a business is starting from scratch and building a web presence from the ground up, or revamping their existing digital marketing, Activ Net Marketing can provide expert support with everything from SMM (social media marketing) to SEO (search engine optimisation).
The internet franchise has over 28 locations across the country, and boasts a highly viable combination of financial security and operational flexibility. But does Activ Net Marketing franchise in the UK?
Does Activ Net Marketing franchise?
Yes, Activ Net Marketing does franchise in the UK. From its Kingston, Surrey headquarters, the franchise is always on the lookout for new investors. If you’ve got a passion for business ownership and you’re interested in the digital marketing sector, a role as an Activ Net Marketing franchisee could well be perfect for you.
Activ gives me the chance to run my own business from home and becoming a franchisee is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
—Lisa Smith, Activ Net Marketing franchisee
History of Activ Net Marketing
As mentioned above, Activ Net Marketing was founded in the late 2000s, and in just over ten years, the business has come a long way. From the start, Activ Net’s aim was to leave no small business behind during the technological revolution. This aim has remained true, and the franchise has continued to offer a range of digital marketing services to clients, expanding from web design into a fully fledged network of digital marketing consultants.
Activ Net Marketing’s bespoke software package has long meant that Activ Net franchisees can work from wherever they want, saving money on expenses such as property rent, running costs and commuter costs.
In 2020, there were over 6 million SMEs (small to medium-sized enterprises) operating in the UK [House of Commons Library]. For a company which specifically targets SMEs, there’s a lot of opportunity out there. And, with 85% of consumers conducting online research before making a purchase [Oberlo], SMEs need to be established online, standing out from the crowd however they can. Activ Net Marketing can help with that, and that’s exactly what it does on a regular basis.
Digital roles in marketing are among the fastest growing in the industry, with demand for social media jobs and skills increasing at the highest rate, according to data collected exclusively for Marketing Week.
Starting an Activ Net Marketing franchise unit
Before you commit to franchising with Activ Net Marketing, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Are you looking to change your career?
2. Would you like additional income?
3. Are you interested in the internet?
4. Would you like the flexibility to choose the hours you work?
5. Would you enjoy being your own boss?
6. Do you want to help other people grow their businesses?
If all or most of your answers were yes, you’re likely to be a perfect Activ Net Marketing franchisee, and you should strongly consider making an investment in the franchise.
>> Read more:
Becoming an Activ Net Marketing franchisee
Though internet-based, a role with Activ Net Marketing doesn't require you to have any previous technological experience. Instead, the franchise is looking for franchisees who:
- Are driven, ambitious, and ready to positively represent the brand
- Have a strong desire to work for themselves
- Aspire to build a sustainable and secure future
- Are able to approach and work with local businesses
- Can demonstrate the kind of enthusiasm that will win and retain business
- Have the capacity to follow expert advice and guidance
- Are committed to making sure that the business thrives
- Possess the adequate capital for an investment
Although always interested in IT, I realised I would like to play a more creative part in the end product. What also appealed to me about Activ was the technical support and expertise which exists within Activ’s head office. Knowing that the Activ team can provide this means I can be confident in assisting clients should their IT needs be bespoke and go beyond that of a standard website package.
—Mark Rouvray, Activ Net Marketing franchisee
>> Read more:
How much do you need to invest?
If you’re looking to start a franchise with the digital marketing company, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £9,995, with no additional monthly costs. If you don’t have the initial monies required, there are different ways to go about securing funding, with options from bank loans to government and sector-specific schemes. Many UK banks are usually willing to loan new franchisees between 50% to 70% of start-up costs.
What do you get for your investment?
Running a franchise can be a costly process as you first get off the ground, but you’ll be assisted every step of the way by Activ Net Marketing. You’ll receive a wealth of support from the company, including:
- A comprehensive initial training package
- Regular ongoing training and technical support
- An exclusive territory in which to operate your business
- Marketing support including lead generation material, email marketing and newsletters
- Video tutorials on web design, SEO and social media
- Access to web design software and support from an in-house web design team
- Leaflets, order forms, specification forms and operations manuals
- Access to the Activ Net Marketing forum
- An online business management system
- Three months of mentorship from an existing Activ Net Marketing franchisee
- A three-month franchise development plan
Activ Net Marketing is waiting for you
As an Activ Net Marketing franchisee, you’ll be working with an exciting, innovative business, helping SMEs across the country find their feet and grow their reach. If franchising interests you, but you’re not sure Activ Net is the right fit, you can browse the wide range of available investment opportunities via Point Franchise’s UK franchise directory.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©