Fitness is the name of the game when it comes to running an outdoor fitness franchise. If you’ve been wondering what it takes to run a franchise such as this, this article is designed to give you a full overview of what the daily life of an outdoor fitness franchise will look like.
If you’re looking to start your own outdoor fitness franchise or become an outdoor fitness coach, one of the best ways to prepare yourself for this future change is to learn more about what the daily life of an outdoor fitness franchise can look like. While there’s no easy answer, the life of a franchisee is always diverse, varied and challenging, so here’s an insight into what your average day as a franchisee could look like.
A day in the life of an outdoor fitness franchise
Outdoor fitness is one of the most popular sides to the UKs already booming fitness industry. As a fitness franchisee, you’ll quickly learn that having something of a generalist mindset will be very useful to you. No two days or clients will ever be the same, so it will really pay to have the following skills in abundance:
- A passion for the fitness industry
- Determination when it comes to developing a long-term business
- A can-do attitude
- The ability to multitask
- Excellent organisation
- Good communications skills
- A good way with people
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Running a Sports, Fitness or Gym Franchise
- The Best Around-The-Clock Fitness Franchises in the UK
- How to Start Your Own Outdoor Fitness Business
- Q&A: Does Planet Fitness Franchise in the UK?
- Sector Spotlight: The CEOs Whipping the Sports, Fitness, and Gym Industry Into Tip-Top Shape
- 6 Tips for Building a Business Plan for a Successful Sports, Fitness, or Gym Franchise
The advantages of running an outdoor fitness franchise
But with the above skills at your disposal, you can look forward to a whole host of benefits. From enjoying additional job security to improved survival rates and access to a nationally-leading corporate identity and branding, you’ll also be able to look forward to:
- Plenty of job satisfaction in helping people to make a real difference in their lives
- Working flexibility
- The freedom to tailor your services to the needs of your customers
- Expert training and support
- Lots of personal development
- Ongoing support even after you’ve opened your business
- A pre-existing customer base
There are almost endless advantages to working with an outdoor fitness franchise. But as with any business, it’s never just smooth sailing.
Challenges of running an outdoor fitness franchise
Outdoor fitness franchises are outdoors, meaning you’ll be at the mercy of the British weather. While this might sound a little unappealing, it can also have an impact on your business. Particularly during the winter months, outdoor fitness is likely to go through an off-season lull, making it vitally important for your business to have a plan B.
The solution to this is almost certainly going to be operating with a hybrid fitness model in mind. Hybrid fitness options will allow you to make the most of the outdoor fitness programme, while being able to repivot yourself to indoor options as well.
And, as any business owner can attest, starting your own business inevitably means working long hours, especially while you’re first getting your business up and running. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy though, so while things will seem challenging at first, know that soon the hard work will pay off and you’ll be able to reap all the rewards of this amazing opportunity.
Franchising opportunities in the outdoor fitness franchise
As a Sportscool franchisee, you’ll be coaching your way to exciting revenues and making a major difference in the confidence and wellbeing of future generations. This franchise operates nationwide, delivering sports, dance and yoga coaching in local primary schools, as well as both curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Becoming a Sportscool franchisee: As long as you’re passionate about coaching and teaching healthy, active lifestyles to the next generation, you could be a great option for running a sportscool franchise business.
- How much you need to invest: Your total investment will be around £24,995, depending on the size, location and scope of your business. In two years, you could easily be looking at a revenue of around £116,325.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be mentored through the process of starting your own business at every stage of the journey. From sales support to coaching guidance, you’ll be taught everything you need to know.
>> Read more:
- 5 Tips for Developing Your Employees into Future Franchisees
- Being a Successful Franchisee Means Adopting an Entrepreneur Mindset
- 7 Common Habits of Successful Franchisees
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- Five Tips for Boosting Your Self-Confidence as a Business Owner
- Traits of an entrepreneur
Franchising opportunities in the fitness sector
There are also some very exciting opportunities in the fitness sector more broadly, so if you feel your skills are better suited to a broader fitness franchise, you could consider the following opportunity.
Fitness Space is a network of gyms across the UK offering an experience unlike any traditional gym. This franchise holds regular check ups with gym goers to ensure they’re comfortable with their current goals and ambitions, or to give additional support as needed.
- Being a Fitness Space franchisee: Being a Fitness Space franchisee is all about developing a long-term fitness business, so if you can cover all of the essential skills and personality traits, you could become a franchisee.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of around £75,000, with a view to making a total investment of £245,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive dedicated training and support on everything from site selection, lease negotiation, business and financial planning and obtaining funds. As part of the package, you’ll be given a bespoke CRM system, a smartphone app, intensive training at corporate headquarters for 1 week, pre-sales management and co-ordination, weekly field support, a launch programme, a dedicated hotline and an intranet forum to help you on your way.
Start your own outdoor fitness franchise with the above guidance in mind
It’s a great time to join an outdoor fitness franchise. This is a growing and thriving industry, so there are lots of reasons to get stuck into the world of fitness. If you'd rather browse a range of different franchising opportunities though, have a look on the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©