If you’re interested in franchising within the travel and hospitality industry and becoming a hotelier, you might find eco-friendly brand Qbic Hotels to be an appealing, unique option. Can you invest with Qbic and help bring the brand to UK customers as a franchisee right now? Read on, and you’ll find out.
The UK’s hotel industry is worth almost £12 billion, with 2022 seeing growth of 144.1% [IBISWorld]. These figures alone should let you know that it’s a great time to invest in the hotel sector following its post-COVID comeback. But can you become a Qbic Hotels franchise owner in the UK in 2022?
Does Qbic Hotels franchise in the UK?
Anyone keen to make a career change with a hotel franchise that brings an eco-friendly slant to the table will be disappointed to learn that, no, Qbic hotels isn’t currently franchising in the UK. You can still enjoy all Qbic Hotels has to offer by staying at a Qbic hotel/becoming an employee of Qbic, but if franchising is your ideal next professional adventure, you’ll need to explore other travel, leisure and hospitality franchise investment opportunities.
>> Read more:
The history of Qbic Hotels
Qbic Hotels was first founded 10 years ago in 2012, and the brand has grown a huge amount since this time. Whether for business travel or leisurely adventures, guests love Qbic’s unique and eco-friendly approach and great service. Unfortunately, Qbic isn’t currently open to franchise investments from potential UK franchisees, but don’t fear. The travel/hospitality industry is vast in Britain, and if you want to start a business with one of the top hotel chains in the UK, you still have plenty of options.
We are always mindful at Qbic of the materials we use and how they can be reused moving forward. Reducing our impact on the environment is a big part of our ethos.
- Qbic Hotels
Start a franchise in the hospitality industry
If you can’t start a Qbic franchise in the UK, what can you do? A huge amount, it turns out. From similarly structured hotel franchise opportunities to exciting alternative opportunities with travel agents and cruise companies, the hospitality sector is wide open to a business-minded, driven person like you. Here are just a few options to consider as alternatives to Qbic...
1. Luke Stays
Luke Stays is a fast-growing property franchise and online travel agency, and the brand is so successful that since 2018, it’s been able to build a portfolio of over 300 properties, worth a total of over £30 million.
- Becoming a Luke Stays franchisee: If you’re looking for a fast start in the property world, are motivated to make a difference and have the capital to make it all happen, Luke Stays would be happy to welcome you to the network.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £11,997.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive over 100 hours of training (initial and ongoing), a budget for your marketing and sales launch (and support with marketing
2. Award Leisure
Established in 1984, Award Leisure helps customers enjoy their favourite spa facilities from home, providing them with a range of outdoor leisure products including hot tubs, swim spas and saunas. The brand is all about offering relaxation without the high price tag.
- Becoming an Award Leisure franchisee: You don’t necessarily need previous experience selling spa facilities, but you will need to be a charismatic, imaginative person with a fun, approachable and sociable attitude.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £77,000, with a total investment cost of £90,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive your first batch of stock, office equipment, vehicle signage tools, customer management systems, a portfolio of the brand’s best-selling products, marketing support and performance incentives.
GoCruise is one of the UK’s largest cruise agencies, with an impressive network of over 60 franchisees. As a popular company in one of the fast-growing sectors of industry in the country, GoCruise is always on the lookout for new franchisees.
- Becoming a GoCruise franchisee: No previous experience in the travel sector is required, but GoCruise is looking for franchisees who have a passion for sales, good business judgement and a professional approach.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £13,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be assigned your own territory with roughly a quarter-million potential customers. You’ll receive initial and ongoing training, along with support from day one (with anything and everything).
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
CAHEM is a virtual reality (VR) franchise offering customers complete immersion and an incredible experience. CAHEM leisure parks come in all sizes, from as little as 50sqm of space to huge locations including multiple game stations, multiple simulators and a lounge/bar area.
- Becoming a CAHEM franchisee: You should be confident with IT, ready to learn and proactive. You should be a lover of all things pop culture with a vision for the future of your franchise, a friendly nature and strong communication/customer service skills.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £60,000, with franchise fees of £26,000.
- What you get for your investment: You and your staff will benefit from in-depth training. Training will cover operations, technical details and customer service guidelines. You’ll also be supported on an ongoing basis with marketing and much, much more.
Running your own business in the hotel sector guarantees profitability and success
It might be disappointing to learn that Qbic Hotels doesn’t franchise, but it doesn’t mean you can’t pursue a highly successful hotel franchise investment elsewhere. Stick around on Point Franchise if you’d like to continue your research, where you can explore some of the top hotel franchises in the UK and find out more about franchising with huge brand names like Best Western and Hilton Hotels.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©