If working with furry friends on a daily basis sounds like the perfect business opportunity for you, you might just be the perfect dog daycare franchisee. There are lots of advantages to running your own dog daycare franchise, so if you’ve been wondering whether this is the right career path for you, here are some of the most notable advantages to running a dog daycare franchise.
Dog daycare franchisees play a crucial role in the caring and development of dogs. With many people returning to offices, dog carers are back in demand, making this a sector worth considering further. Whatever your business experience, if you’ve got a passion for working closely with dogs, running a dog daycare franchise might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. #
Why start a dog daycare franchise in 2021?
There’s no doubt that businesses have had a tough time of it over the last two years, but with many dog daycare franchises returning to profitability, it’s time to look to the future. People are returning to their offices and that means their furry friends need carers. This sector is worth billions and there’s plenty of untapped potential here for the right franchisee to take advantage of.
90% of us board our animals in kennels when we go on holiday at an average of £17.00 per night. Pet care and animal boarding is now a £4.3 billion a year industry…
- Compare Your Life, Channel 4
>> Read more:
5 Advantages of running a dog daycare franchise
To help you build up a picture of this industry, here are 5 advantages to running your own dog daycare franchise.
1. Working with dogs everyday
Whatever kind of caring franchise you choose to work with, by far and away the most attractive advantage is that you get to work with dogs every single day. As a dog lover, you’ll be playing an essential and vital role in helping keep these four-legged friends in a routine. You’ll be working closely with owners to make sure that each pet is getting the right, tailored care they need. And at the end of the day, you get to see a smile on the face of dogs and owners alike.
Our dog sitters are committed to maintaining home life routine for exercising and feeding whilst ensuring your dog’s likes and dislikes are accommodated.
- Barking Mad
2. Job security
As a franchisee, one of the most important things you’ll be able to count on is the improved job security that franchise businesses enjoy. According to the British Franchise Association, only 1% of closing franchises cited commercial failure as the reason for doing so, meaning that although there is certainly an adverse economic climate, you’ll have every opportunity to make a success of your business.
On top of this, you’ll also be able to look forward to:
- Experienced and dedicated mentors and tutors
- Access to substantial marketing and business materials
- A pre-existing customer base and trusted reputation
- Excellent financial options
- Affordable start-up costs
>> Read more:
- 5 Qualities of a Successful Franchisor
- 4 Things Franchisees Never Have Time for But Are Essential for Running a Successful Business
- How to Launch a Franchise and Get Noticed
- 4 Elements of a Successful Franchise
- How to Start a New Business on a Shoe-String Budget
- The Ultimate Guide to Franchising Success
3. Personal development
As part of your franchising agreement, you’ll immediately be entitled to the expert training and support of your franchisor. Having likely been in business for a number of years already, you’ll have access to the accumulated experience of both your franchisor and franchisee network, who will have more than a few tips to spare.
The level and scale of training will vary from franchise to franchise though. For example:
- Petstay franchisees will take part in a three-day initial training programme. You’ll cover everything from technical training and set up, recruitment, marketing and promotion and how to operate the PetStay booking system.
- Barking Mad has many experienced carers on hand to help you learn about all the essentials of running a dog daycare franchise, from marketing to sales to safety regulations.
- New Dogknows franchisees undergo an initial 10-day training programme, before being given a comprehensive start-up package that helps franchisees kick their business into action.
- Friends for Pets franchises receive full training and support, full assistance with dog boarding license set up and as much on-going support as needed.
On top of all this, dog daycare franchises are highly affordable business opportunities. While the average cost of starting your own franchise business is around £42,200 [British Franchise Association], almost all dog daycare franchises come in well, well below this level.
This means that you’ll be able to cash on this exciting sector, with only minimal financial complications. And, should you need extra financial support, the good news is that because these business models offer excellent job security, major banks will be prepared to lend up to 70% of your start-up costs.
5. Be your own boss
And, at the end of the day, you’ll be your own boss. No more slaving away under someone else’s dime, you’ll be calling the puppy-friendly shots in your own way and as your own boss. It’s the dream of many thousands of people to start their own business, but with a franchise business supporting your every step, being your own boss has never been easier or more appealing.
Enjoy all these advantages when you start your own dog daycare franchise
There are lots of advantages to working in this sector. From the benefits of being your own boss, running your own business, earning some exciting profits and having vast levels of job satisfaction, running your own business has never been more enjoyable.
But if, on the other hand, you’ve decided this sector isn’t right for you, there are still lots of business opportunities available to you. Having a franchisor at your side is one of the most popular ways to go about starting a business, and if you want all the benefits of working under a big national franchise, have a look at the UK franchise directory to see what other sectors might work better for you.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©