The van based SMART repair franchise recently shared a blog on its website focused on all things alloy wheels, from installation to repair.
This detailed guide from ChipsAway was full of valuable info on alloy wheels, and this is the first of two articles recounting the van based franchise’s expertise. In this article, you’ll learn all about alloy wheel installation. ChipsAway’s blog began by answering the three most commonly asked questions about alloy wheel installation:
- Which alloy wheel do you need? - “The trickiest part when choosing which alloy wheel is best for your car is choosing the correct size. [When you’ve done that, you’ll need to find out] how to install the right alloy wheels for your car.”
- Can I install bigger alloy wheels? - “It is common to want to go larger with choosing alloy wheels when upgrading the look and performance of your car, but be mindful of the instalment limitations with your current tyres. [...] For a smooth installation, you will need your outer tyre size to be as close to the size of your new alloy wheels as possible.”
- How do I fit larger alloy wheels properly? - “If you plan to go ahead with larger alloy wheels on your car makeover, sizing up to a bigger inch alloy than your existing wheel for the wow factor is likely. If this is the case, simply going up one size from your current wheels with new alloys shouldn’t cause a fitment problem for most cars.”
The blog then offered a step-by-step list of things to consider:
- “Check your new alloys will fit your wheel”
- “Mount your new alloy wheel”
- “Correct your alloy offset”
- “Check your car manufacturer's recommendations”
In part two, you’ll discover ChipsAway’s advice and guidance surrounding alloy wheel care and repair. If you’re interested in joining this expert SMART repair franchise’s network, you can become a ChipsAway franchisee for a minimum initial investment of £15,000, with a total investment cost of £29,995. Find out more about starting your franchising journey with ChipsAway via the company’s profile page, which you’ll discover linked above.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©