There are so many inspiring women in business, ready to share their expert advice and guidance with the world. Prepare for incoming inspiration, courtesy of Point Franchise’s curated list of the best women-led podcasts for entrepreneurs.
As of March 2021, Apple Podcasts has published over 47 million podcast episodes. With the industry growing larger by the day, it’s no surprise that people turn to podcasts on a regular basis, for everything from entertainment to investment advice. As the podcast space grows, so does the amount of intelligent, engaging women in franchising sharing their opinions in that space. Here are just a few.
Top women in business podcasts
- So Money - Hosted by Farnoosh Torabi, an award-winning financial strategist, So Money was the winner of Entrepreneur Magazine’s female-hosted podcast of 2017. Episodes are focused around money strategies, and include stories from top business minds, authors and influencers. Learn the financial philosophies of a wide range of people. Discover wins, losses, and habits which lead to success.
- Goal Digger - This podcast, focused on setting and managing goals, is hosted by marketing entrepreneur and photographer, Jenna Kutcher. Jenna offers invaluable support, guidance and advice to listeners at any stage of their business-owning journey, and each episode is full of tools, strategies and tips designed to help women in business smash their goals.
- Women Taking the Lead - Business coach Jodi Flynn intersperses her own expert advice with informative, interesting interviews. Jodi is a self-proclaimed Type A personality, and if you are too, there’s no better podcast for you than Women Taking the Lead. Jodi has covered many different topics, including lessons she’s learned in her time as a business owner, and tips for getting rid of the fear of failure and making room for success, instead.
- The Strategy Hour Podcast - The Strategy Hour Podcast has two hosts: Abigail Pumphrey and Emylee Williams, both from Think Tank Collective. Abigail and Emylee’s chats are focused around strategy and planning, designed to help listeners build businesses that last. If you’re running a franchise and looking to achieve long-term success, give this podcast a listen. You’ll discover actionable strategies for everything from SEO to personal confidence.
“The most successful entrepreneurs I know are optimistic. It’s part of the job description.”
—Caterina Fake, founder of Flickr
- She’s Got Drive - This podcast features interviews from black women in a wide variety of fields and professions. Hosted by Shirley McAlpine, She’s Got Drive mainly focuses on themes like leadership, motivation, confidence and success. During each conversation with a guest, Shirley asks deep questions and receives insightful answers in return. Discover how these thriving women got to where they are today, how they deal with the challenges that life throws at them, and how they remain true to themselves, no matter what.
>> Read more:
- Women In Franchising: Stats and Insights About a Rapidly Changing Industry
- Women in franchising: Why female franchisees are rising
- Gender pay gap in franchising
- Franchise Success Stories: Women in Franchising
- Mythbusters: There's No Such Thing as a Working Mum
- Understanding Your Rights to Maternity Leave as a Franchisee
- Girlboss Radio - Hosted by Sophia Amoruso, the founder of NastyGal, this podcast features boundary-pushing women of all kinds. Expect humour and honesty in equal measure, alongside laughter, vulnerability, and a lot of good advice. In each interview, Sophia goes into deep detail with her guests about what it takes to build a career, and what it takes to sustain it once it’s been built.
- The Marie Forleo Podcast - American entrepreneur Marie Forleo was named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation [Julie Reisler]. In this podcast, Marie speaks to guests about strategies for happiness, success, motivation, creativity, productivity, love, health, contribution and fulfillment. Marie covers everything from marketing tips to advice on how to handle failure when it happens. With each new episode comes another chance to find inspiration and confidence in yourself and your business.
- The Femails - This Career Contessa podcast, hosted by CEO Lauren McGoodwin, dives into the world of women and work. The Femails features Lauren’s conversations with women from all walks of business. Success stories are shared, failures are learned from, and productive conversation full of learning is facilitated. If you’re looking to discover how to build a dream career on your own terms, this podcast is a great place to start.
- Being Boss - Another two-woman show, Being Boss is an ideal listen for business owners who are just starting out on their journeys. Hosted by friends-and-also-colleagues Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon, Being Boss is full of fantastic, inspirational advice on everything start-up, from choosing your own hours and clients, to feeling confident about the goals you’ve set for your business.
- How It Is - How It Is, produced by award-winning actress and activist Reese Witherspoon and hosted by award-winning actress and activist Diane Guerrero, has a wide focus on women telling their own stories. Each episode features several guests, and centres around a different topic. Episodes aren’t strictly business related, but will often dip into this area. Every guest offers something new to the podcast, and every podcast offers something new to the listener. For focused career advice, check out “Work” (Season 2, Episode 2), “Money” (Season 2, Episode 1) and “Power” (Season 1, Episode 5).
>> Read more:
- What is the Marketing Fee and Why is it Necessary?
- Developing an effective franchise marketing plan
- Try Out These 8 Outside-the-Box Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Business and Engage Your Customers
- 10 Tips for Building Truly Effective Social Media Marketing Campaigns
- Franchising 101: 8 Essential Marketing Strategies for Promoting Your Business
- Franchising 101: 6 Tips for Building Customer Loyalty Through Marketing
- Brown Ambition - This podcast, hosted by two women of colour, is released on a weekly schedule. Mandi Woodruff and Tiffany Aliche have frank, open conversations about a range of business-related topics, from career goals to investment opportunities. Mandi and Tiffany both come from business backgrounds. They know their stuff, and they offer their intellectual insights each week on Brown Ambition, leaving you feeling equal parts informed and empowered.
- She Did It Her Way - Hosted by Amanda Boleyn, this podcast is all about the female business perspective. Amanda dives into what it’s like to be a woman, starting and growing a business in today’s world. In each episode, Amanda speaks with a successful female entrepreneur, and an amazing business journey is shared. Amanda’s biggest aim with She Did It Her Way is to encourage more women to enter the business world, and packs helpful advice into every moment.
Get inspired, take your franchise to the next level
Whether you’re running a franchise or running your own business, there’s plenty of business-focused podcasts out there for you. For more inspiring options, take a look at Point Franchise’s other “Tune In” articles, including a recent installment focused on entrepreneurship podcasts.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©