Podcasts can give you information, insight and reassurance - all while you get on with your day - and there are lots of resources for entrepreneurs out there. Get ready for a career change or learn to be a better business owner with these top entrepreneurship podcasts.
Whether you’re a passionate newbie or a seasoned pro, listening to vocational podcasts can help you succeed in business ownership. We’ve gathered some of the most popular resources for entrepreneurs so you can expand your knowledge and gain insider tips.
Top entrepreneurship podcasts
- The Ambitious Entrepreneur Show - Experienced CEO and business coach Annemarie Cross created this podcast to support young entrepreneurs. She discusses the key factors contributing to business success, from management and leadership to online marketing and developing a productive mindset.
- As Told by Nomads - If you’re looking for guidance on digital marketing, try As Told By Nomads. It’s hosted by specialist Tayo Rockson, who provides a fresh take on getting your business out into the world with the help of online tools.
- BizChix - As you might imagine, this podcast is designed to support female entrepreneurs. Business coach Natalie Eckdahl provides useful tips and interviews industry experts for further insight. She even records coaching sessions to give listeners the tools to succeed in business.
- The Diary of a CEO - Another great podcast for young people, The Diary of a CEO, is hosted by 27-year-old Steven Bartlett, who founded two companies when he was just 22. His discussions cover a wide range of different subjects from both his professional and personal life.
- The Ed Mylett Show - The host of this show interviews people at the top of their game. It covers almost every industry and topic, from health, politics and entertainment to university and entrepreneurship.
- The GaryVee Audio Experience - If you’re looking for a relaxed discussion of the business world, try this podcast. It’s led by affable entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk, and includes interviews, speeches and DailyVee video episodes.
- The Goal Digger - Another female-focussed podcast, The Goal Digger features interviews with some of the world’s most successful businesswomen. You’ll find productivity tips, social media strategies and clever hacks.
- How I Built This - Journalist and radio host Guy Raz encourages guests to open up and reveal the secrets behind their ascent to success. You’ll hear the surprising truths and inspiring stories behind some of the world’s biggest businesses.
>> Read more:
- Top 8 Tips for Being a Happy Franchisee
- Mythbusters: There Is No Innovation in Franchising
- How to Stay Productive as a Franchisee
- Top 8 Tips for Securing Finance for Your Franchise
- 10 Ways to Boost Employee Happiness, Engagement, and Satisfaction
- 7 Tips for Building a Profitable Franchise
- If Only They Knew - This podcast is sure to inspire inexperienced yet ambitious listeners, as it’s hosted by Ted Lawlor, who founded a business with the same name at the age of 19. It shines a light on some of the UK’s most interesting young entrepreneurs, including candidates from The Apprentice on the BBC.
- The Introvert Entrepreneur - Have you ever felt intimidated by outgoing businesspeople who seem to dominate the world around you? This podcast offers reassurance and advice; you’ll learn how to be more productive, develop your business effectively and, ultimately, face your fears to become the entrepreneur you want to be.
- The James Altucher Show - If you’re after more insights from some of the most successful people around, try this podcast. James Altucher talks to authors, rappers, athletes, actors and even astronauts to find out how they reached their goals.
- Masters of Scale - For this podcast, the co-founder of LinkedIn, Reid Hoffman, talks to successful entrepreneurs about the secrets to their success, not only as business owners, but as humans. He tracks the journey from start-up to international brand, touching on topics like leadership, strategy and fundraising along the way.
- Mixergy - You’ll find insights from some of the world’s most impressive international companies in this podcast, hosted by Andrew Warner. He’s interviewed over 1,500 businesspeople, including the founders of Pixar, LinkedIn, Wikipedia and Groupon, to find out what makes them tick.
- My Wakeup Call - Many successful entrepreneurs remember the moment they had their ‘wake-up call’, prompting them to launch their business and change their lives for the better. This podcast’s guests discuss the events following their defining moment, including the challenges they’ve faced along the way.
- Online Marketing Made Easy - Another helpful resource for entrepreneurs interested in digital marketing, this podcast covers subjects like branding and social media. As part of the series, Amy Porterfield has created mini marketing masterclasses and step-by-step guides.
>> Read more:
- 5 Tips for Developing Your Employees into Future Franchisees
- Being a Successful Franchisee Means Adopting an Entrepreneur Mindset
- 7 Common Habits of Successful Franchisees
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- Five Tips for Boosting Your Self-Confidence as a Business Owner
- Traits of an entrepreneur
- Recode Decode - Although this podcast is no longer in production, its past episodes provide great insights. Kara Swisher, a Silicon Valley journalist, interviews some of the world’s most notable figures, including Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Hillary Clinton.
- The School of Greatness - A highly popular podcast, The School of Greatness has more than 1,000 episodes and over 150 million downloads. It’s hosted by the US athlete Lewis Howes, who interviews businesspeople and celebrities.
- Smart Passive Income - Pat Flynn is reported to earn around £1.4 million per year through passive income, while working just a few hours a week. In this podcast, he discusses his approach to business, covering topics including automation, social media, search engine optimisation and building trust.
- Social Pros - Business growth expert Jay Baer and strategist Adam Brown zone in on social media marketing in this informative podcast. They provide illuminating stories from renowned brands, including IBM and Ford, to help entrepreneurs master the art of social media marketing.
- The Tim Ferriss Show - This podcast, hosted by the author of The Four-Hour Workweek, uncovers transferrable tools and tips from across a wide range of different disciplines. Tim Ferriss has previously interviewed Arnold Schwarzenegger and Silicon Valley journalist Kara Swisher, and talked about topics as diverse as chess and pro-sports.
- Youpreneur - If you’re interested in building your own brand, this podcast can help. Entrepreneur and author Chris Ducker explores the process of developing a business model, from marketing and monetising to growth.
Be your own boss - tips for running your own business
Find more business articles, as well as guides on other podcast topics, right here at Point Franchise. Why not start by browsing our most recent publications?
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©