Whatever else is going on in the world, homeowners are always going to need someone to sort their drains out. Come rain or shine, drain blockages will cause hassle, and often the heroes of the hour are drainage franchises. In a market with constant demand, it’s good to know who the top players of the game are - particularly if you’re interested in entering this essential sector as a franchisee.
The drainage industry is recession-proof. Providing essential services to grateful customers across the country, the top drainage businesses in the UK are highly respected, and will always be busy. Offering services 24/7, and solving problems fast, leaves franchisees in the drainage industry with great job satisfaction - and making an excellent profit all year round.
But being at the top of the drainage sector is no piece of cake. It takes dedication and years of experience in the industry to develop these highly efficient business models. But this is why they are the best, and it’s also why they are so appealing to potential franchisees looking to make a career change in this profitable sector. Read on to learn about the top drainage franchises - and how you can get involved with them.
>> Read more:
What is a drainage franchise?
Before wading into the details of why the best drainage franchises sit at the top of the sector’s tree, it’s worth learning about what it’s all about. When you’re looking to get started in any sector, knowledge is power, so learning all you can about the drainage world before beginning your own journey with a top franchisee is always worth doing.
There are different types of drainage franchises, so first things first, it’s worth knowing the various ways in which they can operate:
- Commercial drainage franchise - Commercial companies rely massively on drainage franchises. When a pipe bursts in a commercial setting, it could shut down the entire building and damage the company’s financial situation, so commercial drainage franchises are a crucial part of keeping things running smoothly.
- Residential drainage franchise - As a residential drainage franchise, you’ll be providing your customers with peace of mind knowing their residence is taken care of, and you’ll also be on hand for drain and toilet unblocking, drain repairs and other forms of emergency help and support.
- An emergency service and drainage repair specialist - This is a highly profitable type of drainage franchise. When no-one else can, you can! The work will be more demanding if you’re offering a 24/7 service, but the number of customers will be high, and if the emergency repair work is done to a high standard, your customers will be loyal.
Why start a drainage franchise?
Whether you’re helping families keep their house a home and safe from damage, heading out at all hours to serve grateful customers in their time of need, or helping the smooth-running of commercial companies’ operations, a drainage franchise can be both rewarding and profitable.
It’s a sector that isn’t going anywhere fast, and while it can be hard work, it will be up to you how much you want to get your hands dirty. Ultimately, the operational success of your franchise will rely on your dedication to the business, and this will come in many forms. Ensuring you’re employing the best team, and managing business finances correctly, will be as important as getting the job done.
But if you’re looking to join a successful franchise in an ever-growing sector, look no further than the top drainage franchises below.
Top 2 drainage franchises
1. Drain Doctor
Established in 1994, Drain Doctor has developed a reputation for customer service excellence, becoming one of the UK’s most trusted drainage and plumbing companies.
At Drain Doctor, you receive the friendly, personalised service you’d expect from a local company along with the professionalism and efficiency of a national brand. We pride ourselves on our people and their wealth of experience. With highly skilled drainage engineers located all over the UK, we can have a team of professionals with you in no time at all.
- Drain Doctor
- Becoming a Drain Doctor franchisee: You don’t need prior experience in the drainage sector to become a successful franchisee with Drain Doctor. There are already more than 35 like-minded franchise owners across the UK, operating large exclusive territories, who share a common goal of delivering excellent service through a tried and tested business model.
- How much you need to invest: To franchise with Drain Doctor, you’ll need to make a minimum investment of £35,000, with franchise fees of £35,000 and an overall investment of £85,000.
- What you get for your investment: As a Drain Doctor franchisee, you’ll receive comprehensive training, ongoing support, access to bespoke technology and support with marketing expertise, all of which will drive your business forward. You’ll also benefit from the experience and support of your franchisee peers within the Drain Doctor network, working together without competition.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
2. Metro Rod
Metro Rod has been carrying out 24/7 drainage repairs and ongoing maintenance for hundreds of thousands of commercial customers since 1983. Its team powered through the pandemic, helping key commercial businesses to continue operating and continuing to service loyal customers within its enormous network.
We’ve been clearing and unblocking drains for more than thirty years and we’re proud of our reputation for quality service and customer satisfaction. Major companies and leading high street names trust us to deal with all their regular drain maintenance and we’ll bring the same high standards of service to tackle your drain blockage.
- Metro Rod
- Becoming a Metro Rod franchisee: As a hard-worker willing to put the extra mile in to make your business a success, the ideal Metro Rod franchisee will have good customer service skills, management experience, an interest in growing and developing your team and an appetite to expand the business.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £50,000 to franchise with Metro Rod. Other fees are dealt with on a case by case basis, so you can contact the team via their Point Franchise profile.
- What you get for your investment: Metro Rod franchisees will enjoy a wealth of benefits as part of an investment, including a dedicated 24/7/365 call centre; comprehensive sales and marketing support; an exclusive local area for your operations; unrivalled investment into IT systems and processes; billing and accounts teams and full training and continued support.
Become a drainage franchisee today
Becoming a franchisee in the drainage sector is a surefire way to make your way in an industry that will always need your business. By joining one of the top franchises in the sector, you’re likely a shoe-in to be making a good profit in no time.
But if becoming a drainage franchisee isn’t for you, don’t worry - there are plenty of other sectors to check out via our UK franchise directory.
Charlie Cottrell, Point Franchise ©