Fancy running a franchise unit as a business coach? In this article, we put the spotlight on ActionCOACH, taking a closer look at its history and whether there are any ActionCOACH franchise opportunities on the market.
ActionCOACH has been around since the early 1990s, supporting business owners as they launch or grow their organisations. If you’re interested in providing a coaching service, read on to find out how you can get involved with this successful company.
History of ActionCOACH
ActionCOACH was launched in 1993, when founder Brad Sugars began to run business seminars and workshops across Australia and New Zealand. Through his coaching, he shared powerful, effective and affordable business-building strategies that led to significant improvements in sales, profits and lifestyle for his customers.
The majority of business owners launch their business because they are passionate about an idea and experts in their field. But passionate entrepreneurs aren’t necessarily prepared to manage finances, people, sales and everything else involved in running a business successfully. As a result, ActionCOACH found an impressive customer base very quickly.
When ActionCOACH came to the UK, it was welcomed with open arms. Now, there are more than 180 branches up and running. Worldwide, more than 1,000 business coaches deliver the ActionCOACH service in over 40 countries.
Over the past 25 years, ActionCOACH has developed more than 3,500 strategies suited to all kinds of businesses. Whether it’s helping out the owner of a hair salon, kebab shop or Italian restaurant, ActionCOACH promises clients they’ll get a healthy return on their investment.
Does ActionCOACH franchise?
Yes! With ActionCOACH, you can make a true difference to the happiness of local business owners whilst building a franchise unit generating up to £1 million a year in revenue.
ActionCOACH has won the Financial Market’s Award for the UK’s Best Business Opportunity and been the world’s number one Business Growth Franchise for many years. Also, back in 2013 the franchise became the first recipient of Smith & Henderson’s prestigious Five Star Franchisee Satisfaction Status and continued to earn it for the following five years. During this time, ActionCOACH was only one of four franchises to be awarded the respected title.
>> Read more:
Starting an ActionCOACH franchise unit
Here’s everything you need to know about joining ActionCOACH.
Becoming an ActionCOACH franchisee
You don’t need any experience to start an ActionCOACH franchise unit. As long as you have a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, great communication skills and a passion for helping others, you fit the criteria.
How much you need to invest
The investment you’ll need to make will depend on which of the four franchise options you choose:
- ActionPRIMARY costs £21,000 plus VAT and covers five days of UK-based, pre-launch training, two months of online training and a licence to generate business and coach in your territory. From month four, you’ll be asked to pay royalties of £2,100 plus VAT or 25 percent of your income per month, plus five percent for the franchise’s marketing fund.
- ActionHYBRID comes with the same benefits as the ActionPRIMARY level, but with the option to add further ‘bolt-on’ revenue streams, including financial, marketing, coaching and brand training. You’ll need to pay £33,333 plus VAT, but you’ll be charged a lower monthly royalty fee than the ActionPRIMARY option.
- ActionPRACTICE is a single-coach business with the option to work from home. This option costs £41,000 plus VAT and includes 10 days of residential training and a licence to sell and coach in your territory. You’ll also have access to the ‘bolt-on’ income generators. From month four, there is a royalty fee of £1,800 plus VAT and a five-percent marketing fee.
- ActionPREMIUM is the ultimate investment level and involves a professional team of coaches working from an office with training facilities. The required investment is £61,000 plus VAT, and you’ll get all the benefits of the other packages, plus the right to employ two additional business coaches. The monthly royalty fee is £1,500 plus VAT and the marketing fee is five percent of your income.
Whichever investment option you choose, you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade as your confidence and business grow.
>> Read more:
What you get for your investment
Before starting a franchise with ActionCOACH, you’ll have the chance to take part in a 10-day intensive training course. The scheme covers presentation and coaching tips, and building a successful workforce, as well as sales and marketing strategies. Through attending the ActionCOACH university, you’ll learn all the skills needed to make a positive difference to your clients’ lives.
The franchise support doesn’t end once you’ve completed initial training. ActionCOACH provides a special launch programme to make sure your business opens without a hitch. And you’ll also benefit from ongoing development opportunities, including quarterly masterclass workshops, one-to-one mentoring meetings, regular conferences and weekly group coaching sessions. What’s more, you’ll have the support from ActionCOACH’s network of 1,000 business coaches all over the world.
When you join ActionCOACH, you’ll be given an exclusive territory with around 10,000 client opportunities. On July 1st 2018, the ambitious franchise split the UK into 230 territories and awarded exclusive licences for each one – many of which are still available.
Once your business has taken off and you’re thinking about expanding your services, you might also have the chance to use three bolt-on opportunities at a discounted price:
- ProfitPlus. You provide clients with business planning, business valuation, profitability analysis, cash flow analysis and financial monitoring services.
- Engage & Grow. This involves helping clients increase their employee engagement by an average of 227 percent.
- Luv4Marketing. You’ll provide this digital marketing agency’s promotional masterclasses. They include strategy webinars, workbooks, ongoing support and a certification.
Find your purpose with a business coaching franchise
Joining ActionCOACH or another business coaching franchise gives you the chance to make a real difference to organisations in your local community. Browse similar investment opportunities here on Point Franchise to find your ideal venture today.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©