Chris Wootton recently shared some advice with his commercial customers on decluttering and revitalising their businesses this spring.
In the words of the domestic cleaning franchise, “We all know how busy the winter season can be for businesses in any industry. As business owners, a natural side effect of successfully navigating this period may be that keeping track of your well-oiled machine slips through your fingers somewhat. So, as the weather gets nicer and the days get longer, what better time to take stock and reflect on your business with the same refreshed outlook as you would for your home and give your franchise a good spring clean?” Poppies then offered the following advice, straight from Chris himself:
- Consider your priorities - Aiming to prioritise both the wellbeing of those in your franchise AND your business goals is a fantastic way to keep yourself (and your business) in check.
- Don't be afraid to spend money - Don’t shy away from investing to create greater efficiency. Technology has enabled people to streamline many aspects of day-to-day operations, and by investing in it, you will reduce the time spent on routine tasks and lower costs in the long run.
- Set clear expectations - From head office operations to services delivered to customers, everyone should know what to expect. When expectations are clearly set and everyone’s on the same page, it’s much easier to maintain a consistently high standard.
- Learn from current developments in your industry - One of the best ways to spring clean a business is often by swallowing your pride. Learn from other people’s success stories and apply them to your own business. Even if it's not broken, it could still be more efficient.
- Revisit your culture and core values - As your business grows, it needs to be common practice to regularly revisit your core values/culture, ensuring they remain/the culture remains relevant, current and inclusive.
You can become a Poppies franchisee for a minimum initial investment of £7,000, with a total investment cost of £25,000. Find out more about Poppies via the franchise’s profile page, which you’ll discover linked above.